Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

NTSC game format..... Will it work on my xbox?

Old 16-11-2013, 16:41
Respected1989
Forum Member

Hi Everyone,

Need some advice from those in the know.

I accidentally purchased the NTSC version of COD:Ghosts. Can't send it back as the shipping is too expensive.

Does anyone know if this will work on my xbox 360 S PAL console?

A friend told me it won't. But I'm sure that I've played the NTSC version of Jonhah Lomu Rugby challenge on my Xbox and it worked fine, so I'm a little confused.

I don't want to open it up unless I definitely know it will work as doing so will reduce it resale price.

Thanks in advance
Respected1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-11-2013, 18:03
Speedloafer
Forum Member

Hi Everyone,

Need some advice from those in the know.

I accidentally purchased the NTSC version of COD:Ghosts. Can't send it back as the shipping is too expensive.

Does anyone know if this will work on my xbox 360 S PAL console?

A friend told me it won't. But I'm sure that I've played the NTSC version of Jonhah Lomu Rugby challenge on my Xbox and it worked fine, so I'm a little confused.

I don't want to open it up unless I definitely know it will work as doing so will reduce it resale price.

Thanks in advance
Unless your console is region free it will not work. All is not lost, you could list it on eBay clearly stating its NTSC, you never know some American/South American might be over here with their console.

I know somebody who was in your same position. He never opened his copy, bought a PAL version from a Supermarket and went back the same day for a refund. He handed in his NTSC copy. I'm not in anyway saying you should do this. Just letting you know what a friend did.
Speedloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 19:57
alternate
Forum Member

The poster above is wrong, it will work 100%. With 360 it is up to publishers to region lock games. Some are locked, most are not. Ghosts is region free so you are all good.
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 08:14
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Despite what many people think there's a lot of games on Xbox 360 are region free. All previous COD's have been AFAIK.. and I just noticed the poster above confirmed it is anyway so I'll shut up now.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 08:30
Dan27
Forum Member

The poster above is wrong, it will work 100%. With 360 it is up to publishers to region lock games. Some are locked, most are not. Ghosts is region free so you are all good.
Yep - agreed with the above.

With HD, there is no such thing as NTSC. NTSC/PAL were interlaced formats for standard definition TV standards.

Now it's all down to region locking.
Dan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 12:37
Speedloafer
Forum Member

Everyday is a school day.
Speedloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 14:30
Ragnarok
Forum Member

This. can't vouch for this title being region locked but I do have a few NTSC games that are not.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote