Austin Mahone's "Banga Banga" Can He Be Justin Bieber's Competition?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Check out Austin Mahone's "Banga Banga" new single. I really see this kid being Justin Bieber's competition come 2014.

Austin Mahone - "Banga Banga"
I never knew he was signed to Cash Money/Young Money Records.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    He is already a competition to Justin Bieber.
    In short words, Justin Bieber 2.0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh not another Beaver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    No. Even if he does beat Bieber, he's still gonna have to go through 1D, and, 1D are pretty much unstoppable right now.

If Austin started his career about a year ago before 1D exploded in the states, then he might have gotten some the fanbase they got. When one teen idol act is massive, then it's going to be very hard for another one to break through. And in the rare case that they do, the old one quickly gets replaced. Right now, 1D are massive all over the world, and there's no opening for Austin to really capitalize on.

Back in 2010, during the height of Bieber Fever, many teen idol acts showed up, like Cody Simpson and Greyson Chance, but none of them reached the same level of popularity as Bieber. It's quite obvious that his massiveness is what caused the others to flop.

Then, 1D showed up. They didn't become massive because Bieber was coming of age. After all, all of 1D are older than him. It seems more that 1D's meteoric rise caused Bieber's popularity to slip rather than Bieber's falling star allowing the opening 1D needs. Right now, this generation of teens seem very dedicated to 1D and aren't going to betray them to move on to a new teen idol. 1D Mania (or whatever it's called) seems to be bigger than Bieber Fever was at its peak, so it's going to be a lot harder for a new teen singer or boy band to replace them. The only act I can see having such success is 5 Seconds of Summer, the Australian band who opened for 1D on their world tour. When they start to focus on the American market, I expect the song to rocket to the top of iTunes in less than a day, a la Ariana Grande. Trust me, they'll be way bigger than Austin when they take action. However, their international success will not come at the expense of 1D, as they pretty much share a fanbase. They'll fade simultaneously.