Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Who are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?! (Part 23)

Old Yesterday, 22:51
John_Lochery
Forum Member

what albums can you think of that artists said they were recording but has never seen the light of day?? I can think of three:

1. Melanie B 3rd album - shes been 'working on it' since 2008 and in her reality show 'its a scary world' she was in the recording studio 'working on it' but has never been released
2. Victoria beckham 2nd album
3. jo omeara 2nd album - she said on LK today in 2008 that she was going back into the recording studio to work on a new album in January 2009 but heard nothing since
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old Yesterday, 23:01
AdzPower
Forum Member

Britney's Spears - Original Doll, was supposed to come out around 2005 just before she fell pregnant, it was supposed to be her artistic peak, snippets we've heard certainly prove so anyway, the album was shelved because she suffered a nervous breakdown/depression/bipolar disorder. And since she returned to music in 2007 we've heard nothing more of it.
It's said her label wasn't liking the direction she was going in, it was supposedly too dark and mature, and wouldn't appeal to her core fanbase.
I still hope that one day it will see a release.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:05
Arran_Dempster
Forum Member

Chilli from TLC's Bi-Polar.

Aaliyah's Drake produced album.

Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste

Whitney's eponymous album.
Arran_Dempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:35
thejoyof_pat
Forum Member

Britney's Spears - Original Doll, was supposed to come out around 2005 just before she fell pregnant, it was supposed to be her artistic peak, snippets we've heard certainly prove so anyway, the album was shelved because she suffered a nervous breakdown/depression/bipolar disorder. And since she returned to music in 2007 we've heard nothing more of it.
It's said her label wasn't liking the direction she was going in, it was supposedly too dark and mature, and wouldn't appeal to her core fanbase.
could you post links to the samples? If they knocking about.
thejoyof_pat is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:36
thejoyof_pat
Forum Member

Amelia Lily be a fighter. I still no idea what happened to make them cancel it or if she's coming back and releasing more music?
thejoyof_pat is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:43
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I've read a lot about that. It's one of the biggest Britney mysteries ever. The only songs I've heard that were definitely from that album are Money Love Happiness, Mona Lisa, Ouch and Peep Show. I read somewhere Do Somethin' was supposed to be from Original Doll as well but I don't know if that's true or not. I'd say they album would have been much more personal than Britney Jean. There are a lot of conspiracies about why the album was scrapped. Some say the label didn't like the direction she was going in and others suggest it might be something to do with the Illuminati, but I think the Illuminati stuff is a load of rubbish. It would be great if it was released but I doubt they will release it. I read somewhere that the material recorded for the album was destroyed
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:29
Makson
Forum Member

Mini Viva's debut
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:33
Hollie_Louise
Forum Member

Sugababes eighth album and seemingly MKS's debut album.
Hollie_Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:34
Kyle123
Forum Member

Amelia Lily be a fighter. I still no idea what happened to make them cancel it or if she's coming back and releasing more music?
Yeah, I know her singles didn't exactly set the world alight, but they weren't total disasters and since the album was finished anyway, they may as well have just put it out. Ironically I think it was a year ago this week that it was meant to be released. (Or at least one of the times it was meant to be released!)
Kyle123 is offline   Reply With Quote