Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Characters you hate

Old 26-11-2013, 11:26
sootysoo
Forum Member

I'm making this thread because I feel like I need to vent about Don Draper from Mad Men.

I've gone from finding him intriguing, appealing and even handsome, to thinking he is the absolute worst character that has ever been created. He's a selfish, misogynistic, sociotpath who is a bad father, bad husband, bad brother. Just everything about the guy makes me want to rip my hand off and throw it full speed at his head.

I find parts of Mad Men in general quite frustrating too as they never really seem to go that deep with any of the characters. Don in particular though is grating on me so much that I'm thinking of giving up on it completely, despite nearly being at the end of season 6.

What characters in US shows do you love to hate?
sootysoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-11-2013, 13:24
Lojen
Forum Member

I used to hate Dexter's wife Rita, so wet, whiny and needy. I realise she was a plot device to complicate Dexter's life, but I grew to really detest her and cheered like a nutter when
Spoiler

I have now come to despise a character even more though. Cersei Lannister has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and is evil incarnate. What's even more frustrating is how she just gets away with everything. All around her terrible things happen to the nicest and most honorable people, yet she manages to coast along untouched on her tide of bile and hatred.
Lojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 13:47
sootysoo
Forum Member

I used to hate Dexter's wife Rita, so wet, whiny and needy. I realise she was a plot device to complicate Dexter's life, but I grew to really detest her and cheered like a nutter when
Spoiler

I have now come to despise a character even more though. Cersei Lannister has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and is evil incarnate. What's even more frustrating is how she just gets away with everything. All around her terrible things happen to the nicest and most honorable people, yet she manages to coast along untouched on her tide of bile and hatred.
I can see why people would hate Cersei because that is she way she is written. She's an unsympathetic character. Whereas, I think the writers of Mad Men want the viewer to be on Don's side. I see the credits each time and hope that he actually does throw himself off the building for real.
Old 26-11-2013, 14:10
flagpole
Forum Member

Kurt Hummel - glee. hate his face when he's singing. and his hypocrisy.
flagpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 14:27
Hamlet77
Forum Member

Spoiler

Cersai Lannister, now there is a character that is irredeemable in all formats, never seen GOT on TV, but my gawd, she is one nasty little (insert your own insult here! it can even be highly offensive, as long as you keep it to yourself), in the books, the sort of person you want out of it ASAP.
Hamlet77 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 15:30
RebelScum
Forum Member

Cherie, Martin Crane's one time girlfriend.
RebelScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 17:23
LightningIguana
Forum Member

Joffrey.... I would personally like to crawl into my tv and punch him in the face.
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 17:43
sootysoo
Forum Member

Joffrey.... I would personally like to crawl into my tv and punch him in the face.
Agreed. I could watch this clip of Tyrion slapping the lad over and over and over....

http://youtu.be/qYNeT2nzEgA
Old 26-11-2013, 18:07
LightningIguana
Forum Member

Agreed. I could watch this clip of Tyrion slapping the lad over and over and over....

http://youtu.be/qYNeT2nzEgA
Yes! Love that first one, he makes this pathetic little whine

I'm enjoying this too much
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 18:08
Rowan Hedge
Forum Member

I hate the new addition to Hawaii five o, ex navy moron with no basic police training joining an elite unit and we lose the Hawaii hottie Grace for an average white trash actress with no lamentable skills and is dead fugly to boot.

Another three PIA's are the odious Sarah Sidel, the equally irritating DB and the waste of human skin Julie Findlay, I actually like Jorja Fox but despise the character but for the other two I loathe Danson with a passion and Lizzy Shue is friggin awful as an actress.

So much is the hate I stopped watching both shows and wake up everyday hoping they get cancelled.
Rowan Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 18:10
Dandem
Forum Member

Friends - Monica
Family Guy - Chris
Big Bang Theory - Leonard
The Simpsons - Lisa
Dandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 19:09
sootysoo
Forum Member

Friends - Monica
Family Guy - Chris
Big Bang Theory - Leonard
The Simpsons - Lisa
Tricky one for me but I quite liked Monica's insane cleaning habits but I loathed Rachel. All she ever did was moan about Ross or some other boyfriend she was dating, then obsess about clothes.

Family guy - Can't stand any of it to be honest.

Big Bang theory - Leonard is definitely the worst character.

The Simpsons - I always hated Krusty the clown.
Old 26-11-2013, 21:15
solare
Forum Member

Homeland - Dana
solare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 21:19
Demonicrodent
Forum Member

Big Bang theory - Penny

Family guy - Chris ( was hoping he would be killed off)

Buffy - Kennedy ( bit random but just rewatched and forgot how much I despised her replacing Tara so quick)

Once upon a time - Henry? The little annoying kid

Walking dead - Carl little anoying kid
Demonicrodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 22:48
nuttytigger
Forum Member

I hate Chris and Meg!

Lisa is another annoyance!
nuttytigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:09
decobelle
Forum Member

Carrie Bradshaw. Whiny, obsessive, vapid, shallow, self involved drama queen - and don't even get me started on her dress sense!
decobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:10
Schmiznurf
Forum Member

I hate the new addition to Hawaii five o, ex navy moron with no basic police training joining an elite unit and we lose the Hawaii hottie Grace for an average white trash actress with no lamentable skills and is dead fugly to boot.
Steve hasn't had any police training either and he's the head of the unit, plus she's hot as hell son.
Schmiznurf is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:13
Louise_
Forum Member

Meredith on Grey's Anatomy - so annoying!!
Louise_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:15
decobelle
Forum Member

Oh and not forgetting Dawn from Buffy - basically see my reason for Carrie Bradshaw above.
decobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 01:06
jackles27
Forum Member

Kurt Hummel - glee. hate his face when he's singing. and his hypocrisy.
Agree with you. Never really been a fan of his. The faces he pulled when the glee members decided to do something he wasn't keen on. I could have slapped. He needs to loosen up a bit and let his hair down.

Meredith on Grey's Anatomy - so annoying!!
Always whinging about something.

I didn't like George either.
jackles27 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 01:37
Spanner82
Forum Member

Carl from The Walking Dead! Hate that kid
Spanner82 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 01:50
TheTruth1983
Forum Member

HIMYM - Robin
CSI - Sara
NCIS - EJ
Revenge - Charlotte
Buffy - Dawn and Kennedy
Two and a Half Men - Alan (seriously, they need to get some new material as the Alan is a loser thing is way overdone)
Bones - Angela (well, I don't hate her but she is the least likable)
TheTruth1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 02:21
threecheeses
Forum Member

One of the best characters ever created.
threecheeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 02:35
Roland Mouse
Inactive Member

Marie Schrader from Breaking Bad.

Scatty brain know-nothing who stuck her nose into everyone's business from episode one to the end.

With amount of people in the show meeting very nasty ends, I was just waiting for hers to come, but it never did.
Roland Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 08:12
sootysoo
Forum Member

Carrie Bradshaw. Whiny, obsessive, vapid, shallow, self involved drama queen - and don't even get me started on her dress sense!
Completely agree. Cannot stand her or why anyone would think she is a fashion icon. Her character seemed to do very little work and have an endless pot of cash for designer clothes. I don't think I ever saw her in the same outfit twice. Plus her apartment would cost a fortune, yet she only really had a small column throughout the show, until the writers got wind of everyone's complains then they suddenly invent a book for her to write and she's rich beyond all imagination.

The whole show is just vapid thinking about it.