Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Chantelle Houghton.. Guess what?

Old 08-01-2014, 19:15
Blondie X
Forum Member

I find this incredibly sad. How can she think that gaining weight on purpose just to do a fitness/weightloss dvd is really worthwhile? That is messing around with your health. I'm amazed that anyone would think this is a good career option.

When she first appeared on BB she came across as a rather nice (but dim) girl. Becoming famous has done her no favours at all.
What else has she got though? She's tried the glamma modelling, she's tried relationships with fellow z listers, she's tried selling her unborn baby story and no one was buying. Her only career now appears to be getting her own personal pap to take staged shots of her shopping, putting petrol in the car, walking and eating. Surely the yoyo dieter is the last career option left
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-01-2014, 20:27
whatever54
Forum Member

I still can't believe Rav went out with her Really made me look at him in a different light. Just...why? Why would you do that? Alex Reid, yes, I can see that, but Rav? He's not exactly top notch man but he's a darn sight better than the likes of her! Or so I thought...
That always puzzled me but then recently I saw him on Come Dine With Me and I could kind of see why. I think they had a meeting of minds
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 21:04
chuck_wippl
Forum Member

^^ Haha! Harsh, but true...
chuck_wippl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 21:27
zx50
Forum Member

Fixed link.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-slimmers.html

I get the feeling that her way of losing weight is far more demanding than the take it at a comfortable pace approach.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 21:27
paralax
Forum Member

Her next stunt will be having another baby with someone she has only known a few weeks. But who can blame her, people actually buy mags to read about her.
paralax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:02
Molly Bloom
Forum Member

I find this incredibly sad. How can she think that gaining weight on purpose just to do a fitness/weightloss dvd is really worthwhile? That is messing around with your health. I'm amazed that anyone would think this is a good career option.
I agree with this. The magazines and tabloids actively encouraging this behaviour by being willing to print photos and give these attention seekers column inches when it comes to their nonsense a thing is disgusting. The gutter press are one of the main reasons why people develop serious and deadly eating disorders and it does sicken me that they can encourage things like people meddling with their health and face no responsibility for it. Things like this are why I can support freedom of the press only in theory. The reality of it just doesn't destroys too many lives.
Molly Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:10
whatever54
Forum Member

Didn't she get big because she didn't lose the baby weight and ate take aways I guess her personal pap may have said 'go on have a kebab, if you stay fat you might get a weightloss app or dvd'.
Old 09-01-2014, 16:00
Molly Bloom
Forum Member

Didn't she get big because she didn't lose the baby weight and ate take aways I guess her personal pap may have said 'go on have a kebab, if you stay fat you might get a weightloss app or dvd'.
I don't know about Chantelle's specific case, but women DO lose weight just to make money off it - see Natalie Cassidy's first DVD.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:19
Haggis&Chips
Forum Member

I don't know about Chantelle's specific case, but women DO lose weight just to make money off it - see Natalie Cassidy's first DVD.
It's much worse than that though. Some of these women work with their agents/PR's to create a staged campaign of weight loss stories. These campaigns are planned six months in advance thus allowing plenty of time for the z-lister to fatten up ready for the inevitable bikini on the beach/skimpy sports gear in the park pap shots.

So they - z-lister, agent and press - are all in it together sure in the knowledge that 'we' the public have an unquenchable thirst for these sort of stories. The extraordinary thing is that these fat/thin stories are completely transparent, yet there are plenty of gullible muppets who just lap them up.
Haggis&Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:16
whatever54
Forum Member

Oh yes I know but is it wrong that I blame the individuals and not O.k/Sun/Closer for this? Have they not got their own minds
Old 10-01-2014, 07:00
Molly Bloom
Forum Member

Oh yes I know but is it wrong that I blame the individuals and not O.k/Sun/Closer for this? Have they not got their own minds
Not wrong at all - these women are absolute idiots of the highest order - but I never want people to underestimate the power of the gutter press.
Old 11-02-2014, 18:41
Blondie X
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...SIX-WEEKS.html

And the least shocking celeb news ever - Chantelle loses weight (and gets papped at Lakeside again)
Old 11-02-2014, 18:59
whatever54
Forum Member

And the least shocking celeb news ever - Chantelle loses weight (and gets papped at Lakeside again)[/quote]

Even the DM seem to be getting a bit bored of her now by the sounds of it. Didn't she buy that printer the other week

I did laugh at her comment: She revealed: 'I was big and I felt lazy. People said I looked like Johnny Vegas and I did.'

She looks nothing like Johnny Vegas
Old 11-02-2014, 19:02
Grouty
Forum Member

She looks nothing like Johnny Vegas
Of course not, i wouldn't kick her outa bed, Johnny Vegas on the other hand...........
Grouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 19:56
Blondie X
Forum Member

Of course not, i wouldn't kick her outa bed, Johnny Vegas on the other hand...........
Oh, Grouty, do you have any standards when it comes to who you'd shag?
Old 11-02-2014, 20:25
dd68
Forum Member

She'll do anything to stay in the limelight
dd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 23:09
Grouty
Forum Member

Oh, Grouty, do you have any standards when it comes to who you'd shag?
Not now!
Old 12-02-2014, 00:02
whatever54
Forum Member

Would Roxanne get it
Old 12-02-2014, 15:23
Grouty
Forum Member

Would Roxanne get it
No.

(Thank god i searched first, as couldn't remember who it was )
Old 12-02-2014, 15:48
IntoTheBlue
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...SIX-WEEKS.html

And the least shocking celeb news ever - Chantelle loses weight (and gets papped at Lakeside again)
Does this nobody have the paps on speed dial?

Does she do anything other than shopping?
IntoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 16:25
poppy10
Forum Member

So Chantelle is trying to lose weight and make money I am shocked !!! Never in a million years did I imagine she would do a Josie.
poppy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 22:43
dd68
Forum Member

Her life is selling her very existence
dd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 23:44
zx50
Forum Member

So Chantelle is trying to lose weight and make money I am shocked !!! Never in a million years did I imagine she would do a Josie.
Chantelle looks nowhere near as unrecognisable as Josie Gibson is. Josie doesn't look good, facially, at all. Chantelle's only lost a bit of weight in her face. I think she looks okay. Unless, of course, it's just the angle that the shot's been taken from.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 16:21
Blondie X
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...two-stone.html

Oh look at me being as natural as natural can be on the beach. Pap, what pap?

*Edited to say size 8

She reckons she was a 16, loses 2 stone and is now an 8 - bollox. She looks like she's a 12/14 in those pics
Old 02-03-2014, 16:25
Inspiration
Forum Member

Yeah these beach photos of celebs are always the same. One of them running along the water. Then the rest of them stood stretching or stood against something.
Inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote