Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is there really a gay/bi guy in every boyband?

Old 11-01-2014, 16:12
JordanC55
Forum Member

I was wondering why Jordin Sparks hadn't released any music recently and whether she'd been dropped or not... Anyway, I came across this interview in December 2013 of her saying her label kept delaying her album and it was frustrating her...

I was just wondering do labels usually do this? Like mess their artists around?

It's a shame cause I really loved Battlefield, both the single and the album.

http://www.idolator.com/7497894/jordin-sparks-new-album
JordanC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-01-2014, 16:30
Aura101
Forum Member

I was wondering why Jordin Sparks hadn't released any music recently and whether she'd been dropped or not... Anyway, I came across this interview in December 2013 of her saying her label kept delaying her album and it was frustrating her...

I was just wondering do labels usually do this? Like mess their artists around?

It's a shame cause I really loved Battlefield, both the single and the album.

http://www.idolator.com/7497894/jordin-sparks-new-album
yes ! its quite a regular thing, and its usually the labels that F*** up an artists chances.
Aura101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 16:40
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

It usually occurs when a label is unhappy with the music, or artist's direction. If they feel it won't do well they will hold it back and ask them to re-record more music to their own specifications. It happens more often than you think.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 16:43
constantino_chr
Forum Member

Yes, all the time.

She's nothing special anyway...
constantino_chr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 17:25
little-monster
Forum Member

The two biggest examples has to be JoJo and Cassie
JoJo's third album has been delayed a gazillion times for about 6 years. Last i heard she is suing them as they are refusing to release an album which says in her contract they have to release in a certain amount of years and the time is now up.

Nicole Scherzinger has also been a victim of this. Her original debut album Her Name Is Nicole and the american version of Killer Love both remain shelved.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 17:42
spaceoddity
Forum Member

The two biggest examples has to be JoJo and Cassie
JoJo's third album has been delayed a gazillion times for about 6 years. Last i heard she is suing them as they are refusing to release an album which says in her contract they have to release in a certain amount of years and the time is now up.

Nicole Scherzinger has also been a victim of this. Her original debut album Her Name Is Nicole and the american version of Killer Love both remain shelved.
I'd add Sky Ferreira aswell. She recorded over 600 songs during 2008-2013 and had around 5 albums shelved. Though if it wasn't for this we wouldn't have the amazing (imo) Night Time, My Time.
spaceoddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 20:12
TheTruth1983
Forum Member

They do and more. Record labels have been screwing artists over for many decades, ever since musicans became a commodity to be bought and sold.
TheTruth1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 21:40
iseloid
Forum Member

Yes, all the time.

She's nothing special anyway...
She is vocally mate.
iseloid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 22:03
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

This also happened to Britney Spears with Original Doll. She had recorded songs for it but when she released a song (Mona Lisa) to radio without her label's permission the album was scrapped. Then her 2007 breakdown happened. Shame really as Original Doll would probably have been quite good
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote