Options

Epg hd/sd swap

MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
Forum Member
✭✭
Are sky messing around with it, my skysports hd has moved and been replaced with the SD on 401,2,3,4.

Comments

• Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be something to do with the free HD trial ending soon (6th February I think). Do your Sky Sports HD channels still work? If so, check again in a couple of days.
  • Options
    MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When since has there been a free trial?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mackemsafc wrote: »
    When since has there been a free trial?
    Around last summer. I have gotten a few letters about it, even though the HD Pack was part of my package deal when I rejoined anyway. I also get letters about my Sky Movies subscription, despite not having Sky Movies.

My account is definitely screwed up lol.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just your Sports channels that have moved, or all the HD/SD swapped channels (like Sky 1 on 106)?

Sky don't "mess" about with the EPG SD/HD swap on a whim, if yours has changed, it is to do with your system, have you rebooted the box?
  • Options
    rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sky movie he channels have all moved to 314 premier then 330-340

What a cock up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rottweiler wrote: »
    My sky movie he channels have all moved to 314 premier then 330-340

What a cock up

Mine are where they are supposed to be, Sports, Movies, Entertainment, all HD versions first.

If Sky had done something, I would expect more people complaining, have you rebooted the box?
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a letter last week (it looked like advertising bumph from the outside, glossy card) telling me my 12 month free trial of HD for sports / movies was about to end on Feb 3rd, and that unless I contacted them my HD would cease on that date.
    This was 12 months after I shifted to an offer for EE+ so I was expecting something.
    The letter gave me a link to an offer for a further 12months @ £5 per month as opposed to the regular £10.25 for HD package, so I would suggest this is what has happened to you.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are still the way they should be.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    SS1-4 have swapped for me back to SD, F1 has too, but SSn HD is still at 405...
    Thats the only channels that have swapped but the HD versions of SS are still viewable for me.
    And i too also got that card in the post saying about movies HD and it ending for me, despite the fact i do not have movies on my sub...
    So Sky have messed up big time here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sky Sports have all switched back to SD too, except for SSN. I can still view the HD ones like I should, as I never had a free trial!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To clarify, to view SS or SM in HD, you need Entertainment Extra+ yes?
    Which i have on my sub and just checked so on MySky...
    So WTF!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sky have told me this just now
    As of 4/2/14, Sky customers subscribed to Sky Entertainment Extra plus package with Sky Sports package will not get access to Sky Sports in HD version until the Sky Customer takes up the Sky HD premium package by paying £5.25 each month.
    All the Sky customers who have got access to Basic Sky HD package with the Sky Entertainment Extra plus TV package will not get access to Sky Sports or Sky Movies package in HD version until the customer subscribes to Sky HD premium package by paying £5.25 each month.

And to get back Sky Sports HD or Sky Movies HD, you need to enter into another 12 month contract!
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    To clarify, to view SS or SM in HD, you need Entertainment Extra+ yes?
    Which i have on my sub and just checked so on MySky...
    So WTF!

You also need the premium HD pack in addition to Entertainment Extra+ to get the Sports or Movies channels in HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KesterK wrote: »
    You also need the premium HD pack in addition to Entertainment Extra+ to get the Sports or Movies channels in HD.

Which means you need to enter into another 12 month contract!
    Really pissed off now >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely those that still have the old HD pack (and therefore either the Entertainment or Entertainment Extra package), should still have them in HD.

But those that have switched to EE+ will only have them in SD unless they get the Premium HD pack.

Typical Sky though, they don't like to make things clear for the customer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely those that still have the old HD pack (and therefore either the Entertainment or Entertainment Extra package), should still have them in HD then.

But those that have switched to EE+ will only have them in SD unless they get the Premium HD pack.

Seems Sky and Clarity are not compatible.
    I had to add Entertainment Extra+ in September last year to get SSHD, no word of mention it was a trial or anything other than 'There you go sir, you can now view Sky including Sky Sports in HD, enjoy'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told it would be £2.50pm rather than £5pm but it might be because I'm currently on a 50% off deal. All I know is that all Sky Sports HD channels are still working for me.

Also, note that Sky Sports News HD is part of Entertainment Extra+ so that's why it hasn't moved back like the other Sky Sports HD channels.
    Seems Sky and Clarity are not compatible.
    I had to add Entertainment Extra+ in September last year to get SSHD, no word of mention it was a trial or anything other than 'There you go sir, you can now view Sky including Sky Sports in HD, enjoy'
    To be fair, it's been well known since they introduced the recent package changes that Entertainment Extra+, Sky Sports and the new HD Pack were required for Sky Sports HD. This is reflected on their website if you try to build a bundle or whatever.

It was never mentioned to me either though, I just assumed they'd made a mistake but it was in my favour so I didn't mention it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    I was told it would be £2.50pm rather than £5pm but it might be because I'm currently on a 50% off deal. All I know is that all Sky Sports HD channels are still working for me.

They have a deal on ATM for Premium HD for 12 months at £2.50.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely those that still have the old HD pack (and therefore either the Entertainment or Entertainment Extra package), should still have them in HD.

It has been very clear since they changed to EE+, talked about extensively on here, as well as shown on their website.

EE+ gets you HD channels from the Entertainment section, and if you have Sports or Movies, you need to pay the extra £5.25 HD sub.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has been very clear since they changed to EE+, talked about extensively on here, as well as shown on their website.

EE+ gets you HD channels from the Entertainment section, and if you have Sports or Movies, you need to pay the extra £5.25 HD sub.

Yes, but how many were told at the point of sale that it was a trial?
    I damn sure wasn't!
    How many will have to enter into another 12 month contract JUST to be able to pay another fiver to watch SS or SM in HD?? ALL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Made clear on the website, I personally knew about it from looking on the Sky website, but it would appear that there are people who were not made aware of this, popeye13 and others on twatter, when they changed packages.

If it was a trial, everyone affected should have been made aware that this was only a trial, and that there was a possibility that they would have to pay for the correct subscription in the future.
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham-H has made an official post about the confusion over on Sky Help forum

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Programming-Channels/HD-Channel-Moves-for-non-HD-Subscribers/td-p/1758573
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Graham-H has made an official post about the confusion over on Sky Help forum

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Programming-Channels/HD-Channel-Moves-for-non-HD-Subscribers/td-p/1758573

Notice how you're not able to reply to it...!
    Made clear on the website, I personally knew about it from looking on the Sky website, but it would appear that there are people who were not made aware of this, popeye13 and others on twatter, when they changed packages.

If it was a trial, everyone affected should have been made aware that this was only a trial, and that there was a possibility that they would have to pay for the correct subscription in the future.

You're damn right i wasn't made aware of this.
    Had i been, i wouldn't be so pissed off.
  • Options
    rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the EE+ package with movies, and my movies have all moved and I'm only seeing SD channels on 301 etc

Looked at my sky and see I should be getting HD channels

What's going on SKY !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which means you need to enter into another 12 month contract!
    Really pissed off now >:(

Who said it means a 12 month contract, have you actually phoned or added it on MySky to see?

You already have HD on the EE pack, by having EE+, to get Sports or Movies in HD you need the extra HD pack at £5.25, has been like that for a year, as far as I am aware, that does not make a new 12 month contract.

Anyone who has received Sports or Movies without paying for the extra HD pack has been lucky, as they have saved £5.25 a month, which others have been paying.