Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Heavy Metal Lover- Lady Gaga

Old 24-02-2014, 16:50
Diane_Rob
Inactive Member

I have always said that Gaga has always made lots of effort with production for her songs. Just download the fame/TFM/BTW and ARTPOP instrumentals to hear proof. They're very detailed and there are lots of underlying sounds that really require a hard listen, the vocals just compliment it tbh.

I think some of her best production are (and I mean instrumentals mainly)
-Poker Face
-Lovegame (surprisingly, the instrumental has a great beat)
-Dance In The Dark
-Teeth
-Monster (brilliant for clubs)
-Schiesse
-Heavy Metal Lover
-Electric Chapel (LOVE the 'tin can' chant)
-Aura
-Sexxx Dreams
-Mary Jane Holland
Diane_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-02-2014, 17:38
Makson
Forum Member

Marry The Night is awesome too
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 20:23
bananashake
Forum Member

I just wanna say thank you to the poster who started the thread as I have now discovered an amazing pop song. Not a major Gaga fan, have a few songs from each of her albums, but had never really heard or paid attention to HML and am so glad that I have discovered it. The beat is insane and the chorus is so infectious.
bananashake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 20:42
Diane_Rob
Inactive Member

I just wanna say thank you to the poster who started the thread as I have now discovered an amazing pop song. Not a major Gaga fan, have a few songs from each of her albums, but had never really heard or paid attention to HML and am so glad that I have discovered it. The beat is insane and the chorus is so infectious.
I know the feeling of discovering a song or album that's been out for a while and you never even knew, it's great (check out 'electric chapel' from BTW album, the instrumental for that is amazing imo)
Old 24-02-2014, 20:51
Rams_Lord
Inactive Member

Thank you for this response. Tbh I'm a big monster, a huge Gaga fan and i discovered this song quite late to because i pay attention to the singles most of the time. When I heard Heavy Metal Lover, I fell in love straight away. Because this is a public forum, I wanted to see what everyones opinions on it was, preferably, people that don't really listen to her .
You might also like a guitar instrumental for her vocals i found which i also listen to too- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y30YWNPCk4

Check out So Happy I Could Die, Dance In The Dark, Monster and Electric Chapel You might have the same taste as me and like these songs.

Thanks for your reply also
Rams_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 21:09
Diane_Rob
Inactive Member

Just to add, depending on how 'into' your music you are (or the detail of a song) it's well worth checking out the instrumentals and acapellas they're really good and work brilliant as stand-alone pieces. Particularly HML and electric chapel.
Old 24-02-2014, 22:10
bananashake
Forum Member

I know the feeling of discovering a song or album that's been out for a while and you never even knew, it's great (check out 'electric chapel' from BTW album, the instrumental for that is amazing imo)
It's a great feeling, isn't it! Funnily enough, Electric Chapel was already one of the tracks from BTW that I liked, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Thank you for this response. Tbh I'm a big monster, a huge Gaga fan and i discovered this song quite late to because i pay attention to the singles most of the time. When I heard Heavy Metal Lover, I fell in love straight away. Because this is a public forum, I wanted to see what everyones opinions on it was, preferably, people that don't really listen to her .
You might also like a guitar instrumental for her vocals i found which i also listen to too- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y30YWNPCk4

Check out So Happy I Could Die, Dance In The Dark, Monster and Electric Chapel You might have the same taste as me and like these songs.

Thanks for your reply also
Thank you for the suggestions, I'm already a fan of Dance In The Dark and Electric Chapel but haven't heart the others so will check them out and tell you what I think. Thanks for the instrumental too, I'll have a little listen to it later!
bananashake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 22:12
Rams_Lord
Inactive Member

It's a great feeling, isn't it! Funnily enough, Electric Chapel was already one of the tracks from BTW that I liked, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'm already a fan of Dance In The Dark and Electric Chapel but haven't heart the others so will check them out and tell you what I think. Thanks for the instrumental too, I'll have a little listen to it later!
Thanks, ill love to hear what you think about them
Rams_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 14:09
MissMusique
Forum Member

HML is amazing, a great song! I love the lyrics in the verses... dirty pony i can't wait to hose you down, i want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south - just made me giggle when I heard them, love her cheeky humour with her lyrics sometimes.

I would have loved a video for this song too!

And yes to people checking out her instrumentals and acoustic performances, HML was featured a lot in the Monstervisions leading up to the release of BTW.
MissMusique is offline   Reply With Quote