✭✭✭✭✭
Here you go Mark.

It's crap.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on that's it run down my daily read. OK so it's not a good paper but it keeps me amused....
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by ThompsonL
    OK so it's not a good paper but it keeps me amused....

That's true. It does tickle when you use it for it's only real use

* heads off to WC with Daily Mail * :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its brilliant. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Tony Moore

That's true. It does tickle when you use it for it's only real use

* heads off to WC with Daily Mail * :D

I wondered where my copy had gone!

LT follows.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See other thread :) I can't be bothered re-typing it...

As my housemate just put it "a modern mein kampf of social hatred"... couldn't have put it better myself :D

A little strong perhaps, but i do feel that biased reporting and highly opinionated newspapers can be dangerous. It's all too easy to convince yourself that they're right when normally you wouldn't dream of it :)

I have to admit, it was their stance on censorship that originally got my back up about the Daily Mail, that's where my DM Hatred started.

Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Mark Hughes
    See other thread :) I can't be bothered re-typing it...

As my housemate just put it "a modern mein kampf of social hatred"... couldn't have put it better myself :D

A little strong perhaps, but i do feel that biased reporting and highly opinionated newspapers can be dangerous. It's all too easy to convince yourself that they're right when normally you wouldn't dream of it :)

I have to admit, it was their stance on censorship that originally got my back up about the Daily Mail, that's where my DM Hatred started.

Mark

Knew you couldn't resist it Mark!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by ThompsonL

Knew you couldn't resist it Mark!!! :D

Awww shucks you got me :D

Mark
  • Options
    cylmaxcylmax Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do read the DM myself, but that's only because they use special print which doesn't stick to your fingers. Any other paper usually ends up making me look like a Zulu going into battle with Michael Caine.

Also, not too chuffed about the amount of "womens columns". You know the ones with a photo full of Women and you have to guess where they bought their clothes from.

Oh and another thing, if I decide to buy the Evening Standard on the way home, the next day the DM is pretty much a complete replica of the news I've read the night before.

I'll stop there shall I....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the paper or any of its writers is comfortable with or fond of anything other than intolerance.

I'm sure my mum still buys it, though - "there's plenty of reading in it".

Brings us back to Mein Kampf!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,754
    Forum Member
    i find it fat 2 annoying 2 read. however, i thought the sports pages were quite good IMHO.

EDIT - if i casually found one on the Tube that is :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best paper IMHO is the FT(which I read at work if I find a few spare moments - when I'm not on here :D ).

Having dealt with journalists through work many times and also been involved in a couple of incidents which made the local news myself (no further comment) I rarely take anything in the papers without a large pinch of salt. Regardless of which rag it appears in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by hornyharry
    Best paper IMHO is the FT
    Have to agree with you there hh.

mine are:
    1 FT
    2 Guardian
    3 Telegraph

I'm talking about the reporting here, not the Eidtor's Opinion/Letters pages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by elliottm

mine are:
    1 FT
    2 Guardian
    3 Telegraph

The Times is good, but then having had letters published in the Times I'm biased. Last year, I was in the 'Quotes Of The Week' section. I still have the paper from that day. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

mine are:
    1 FT
    2 Guardian
    3 Telegraph

Rarely buy a newspaper myself - drive to work so wouldn't have time to read it but when I do buy one it's often the Telegraph.

"Sheepishly" admits to buying The Sun on a Saturday for the sports pages (honest I like horse racing!) and the occasional Racing Post (roll on Cheltenham :cool: )
  • Options
    Forum Member

The Times is good, but then having had letters published in the Times I'm biased. Last year, I was in the 'Quotes Of The Week' section. I still have the paper from that day. :D
    what was it on. was was your concluding sentence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what was it on. was was your concluding sentence?

There was this story about an Arctic Seal that was found lost in the Meditteranean and was being transported by several means back to the Faeroe Islands. The trip up to Scotland was being made by train. The article said that the seal was being transported in a wooden crate in an unheated carriage of a Virgin Trains service.

I simply decided to ask (in my letter) whether this was a one-off or was the whole fleet going to be upgraded to this standard. I got letters from all over Europe from people who loved that one-liner :D

EDIT - Without having to pay the archive fees at the Times, have a look at this article

EDIT 2 - I'm immortalised in print in a TrainSpotters website :eek:

EDIT 3 - No I'm not. Shouldn't base assumptions on one page!
  • Options
    Forum Member

EDIT - Without having to pay the archive fees at the Times, have a look at this article

Superb! :D
    :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They misquoted me. I did have 'free of charge' in there (to appease Mr. Branson as it was a charitable act).

And just for those who think it could be another Tony Moore, check this out

EDIT - and thankfully this guy put the quote in that was above mine. I knew it was something to do with gays and watering eyes, but I couldn't remember it fully.