Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, no.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    It's an intriguing idea but no - it seems a bit seedy.
    Is there a special code like 'handfan language'? or do you give someone a bit of 'come hither' with your eyes... and they...well... literally do 'come' hither.

Why don't people have sex at home?
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been to one, but you don't actually have to have sex, many people do use them for said reasons, but that normally takes place in specific rooms.

I stayed at a LGBT friendly bed and breakfast in Edinburgh, I think it was, and they owned a sauna too. I asked about it at the time, because they kept telling me I should visit it.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    It's an intriguing idea but no - it seems a bit seedy.
    Is there a special code like 'handfan language'? or do you give someone a bit of 'come hither' with your eyes... and they...well... literally do 'come' hither.

Because their wives are at home.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

You have to tidy up first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Because their wives are at home.

Yes quite.
  • Options
    cambs1965cambs1965 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been many years since I last went to a gay sauna, the first was Thermos Day in Amsterdam, that was something special. It had a swimming pool, marble everywhere. It was a bit of an eye opener and as stated above things mainly go on in cubicles. There were a lot fit men there. Then I went to Luton, what a let down in comparison. Let's just say the men looked better in the hot tub rather than out. I guess if you go to a provincial sauna that's what you're going to get. I can't comment on Chariots and the like in London.

They all had the saunas, steam rooms etc, so if you want to go look at naked men then go ahead.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Surely, gay folk don't need to be segregated from mainstream society with special saunas just for them! In this day and age, we welcome gay people in regular saunas. We all have the same sweat!
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Surely, gay folk don't need to be segregated from mainstream society with special saunas just for them! In this day and age, we welcome gay people in regular saunas. We all have the same sweat!

They didn't in the council leisure centre in the town over from mine - they had to close the sauna down 20 years ago because of all the shenanigans going on :)

Was pretty much all we talked about our Yoga class, being a mixture of relatively naive ladies. :D
  • Options
    mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so you have to be naked, can you just go in there to perv ?
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »

Trouble is, whilst that sounds like a great idea, the reality of all these things never marries up with the idea.

If you are a old man past your prime and imagine that you can go there are see loads of younger, fitter people naked for a bit of excitement, the reality is that it's full of old men past their prime doing exactly the same thing. Everyone goes home disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trouble is, whilst that sounds like a great idea, the reality of all these things never marries up with the idea.

If you are a old man past your prime and imagine that you can go there are see loads of younger, fitter people naked for a bit of excitement, the reality is that it's full of old men past their prime doing exactly the same thing. Everyone goes home disappointed.

Urgh.

I was once in a regular (non-sex) sauna aboard a cruise ship (it was actually on the cruise duirng which o/h and I got engaged, but that's by-the-bye.)

Anyways I was in there minding my own business, before going for the plunge pool, when a very hairy fat guy started obviously coming on to me, asking if I had a girlfriend and what I was doing on the cruise etc. He then undid his towel and flashed his grotesque winky at me.
    I mean, what is wrong with people? It was so crude. There's no wonder gay men get a bad name.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think whilst nakedness is normal in a sauna (as any Scandanavian will attest), perving is most definitely a no-no, irrespective of the sexuality of the clientelle.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Yes!

Well, I had to deliver something to a particularly expensive and trendy one in Covent Garden once, I saw lots of lovely fit men wandering around past reception, draped in white towels.

What goes on? From what my gay friends told me, anything you can imagine!

On the other hand, there are the more usual seedy full-of-desperate-old-men establishments around.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,277
    Forum Member
    How was it and What goes on exactly?

Ask John Travolta.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Ask John Travolta.

You mean they're frequented by Olivia Neutron-Bomb in her sew-in trousers?? :eek:
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,277
    Forum Member
    You mean they're frequented by Olivia Neutron-Bomb in her sew-in trousers?? :eek:

How come at the end of that movie THE CAR FLIES! I've never understood that :confused:
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    No but I've been to a gay dentists, they're just there for the pull.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I think whilst nakedness is normal in a sauna (as any Scandanavian will attest), perving is most definitely a no-no, irrespective of the sexuality of the clientelle.

When guys talks about going to a sauna in this context, he's not talking about the sort of sauna you go to after a workout.

Usually, they're the most awful places. In this age of grindr, sex parties, swingers clubs and internet hookups, why anyone would go to one of the those disease pits for a lay is beyond me.