Options

How many people do have you ever date at once?

mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you date one person or numerous ?

Comments

• Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually get my extra girls in the ad breaks, with my butterfly net. How does it work in China?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a morning girl, a lunch or afternoon girl , an evening girl and of course teh very late night xxx girl..... so four.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    what a wonderful bird the frog are.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Hundreds.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I prefer throwing sultanas.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by date? Go for a date with as in interview or a relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    I prefer throwing sultanas.

The sultan won't be best pleased.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What do you mean by date? Go for a date with as in interview or a relationship.

He means how many people do have you ever date at once.

Keep up.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Four is the most ever, although I wouldn't really class it as dating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    He means how many people do have you ever date at once.

Keep up.
    The word has two meanings, not including the dried fruit which I assumed was inappropriate in this context. What did the op mean? The question has three interpretations.

(1) How many people have you gone on a date with at the same time? Double date, chaperones.etc

(2) How many people have you had dates with before committing.

(3)How much of a two timing cheater are you.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a very frugal way of asking two questions at the same time and using as few words as possible:
    1) How many people do you date at the same time (present tense)
    2) How many people have you dated at the same time (past tense)

Well done OP – I for one at least applaud you. Far too often posters waffle on and on, preferring the sound of their own voice rather than typing out a concise post like yours.

In response to your question(s) - onenine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 max, but they would be relatively platonic (i.e. nobody that I'm having "relations" with).

Have 2 ongoing at the mo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was a young man I was an incredibly good liar with an impeccable memory. I had a disturbing lack of conscience or morals too.

I'd always have two or sometimes three girlfriends at once.

I suppose I was afraid of being alone, and afraid of being dumped/rejected. It doesn't hurt when you have another woman anyway.

Thankfully I grew out of it. What a complete bastard I was tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The word has two meanings, not including the dried fruit which I assumed was inappropriate in this context. What did the op mean? The question has three interpretations.

(1) How many people have you gone on a date with at the same time? Double date, chaperones.etc

(2) How many people have you had dates with before committing.

(3)How much of a two timing cheater are you.

There is dating and being in a relationship surely they're two different things ? Dating people can mean meeting up for the odd meal, drink and obviously it could mean a physical relationship whilst clearly keeping in touch all on a casual basis but that doesn't mean you are in a committed relationship . it is possible for people to be honest and not want a committed relationship ? Doesn't mean they are two timing cheats, love rats or 'sluts' or whatever does it ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 max, but they would be relatively platonic (i.e. nobody that I'm having "relations" with).

Have 2 ongoing at the mo.

yeah.. "if I'm having relations" it would only ever be 1 but happy to platonic-ally kick about with loads.
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to reply to this thread as it's something that bugs me!

I would only date 1 at a time. From my point of view, if you are both 'dating' because you're aim is to be in a relationship, then dating other people is a bit insulting. I wouldn't feel like I was giving that 'relationship' any chance because my attention would be divided around.
    I'd also think that if I was happy to be dating several people at the same time, that I couldn't be that keen on any of them or else I'd only be dating the 1 that I had a real spark and chemistry with.
    Finally, if that other person didn't know, then it's very unfair on them. They may assume you are only dating each other and could be growing more and more attached to you.
    Honesty is the key and if you can't be honest with them, then there's a reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scousemick wrote: »
    There is dating and being in a relationship surely they're two different things ? Dating people can mean meeting up for the odd meal, drink and obviously it could mean a physical relationship whilst clearly keeping in touch all on a casual basis but that doesn't mean you are in a committed relationship . it is possible for people to be honest and not want a committed relationship ? Doesn't mean they are two timing cheats, love rats or 'sluts' or whatever does it ?
    That was my point. The op has conflated the different categories of dating. It's OK to date several people at once if nobody is committed and you are just funding out if you let on with someone but cheating with the other kind.

What are they asking?
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 . To do otherwise IMO would be dishonest . Had a girl on my Facebook once who put as her status "hmm which guy shall I go on a date with tonight " and she actually named them , silly girl I hope they both read her status and chucked her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBTIME wrote: »
    I would only date 1 at a time. From my point of view, if you are both 'dating' because you're aim is to be in a relationship, then dating other people is a bit insulting.

How would you know you suit and want to be in a relationship without going on a few dates? In my view a relationship comes after dating.

What your saying is like saying you would only interview one candidate for a job as to look around would be insulting. The point of doing lots of interviews is to see what kind if candidates are out there and which you think would be best.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many when I was younger, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time (though I never 'put myself about' sexually). I would always tell them that I was seeing others so there was never any deceit involved. I liked different men for different moods - intellectual ones for educational chats, wild ones for bike rides and camping in the woods, fun ones that provided non stop laughter, deep poetry loving introspective types that would play mind games with me...there was always so many men yet so little time - I wanted to sample them all :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 . To do otherwise IMO would be dishonest . Had a girl on my Facebook once who put as her status "hmm which guy shall I go on a date with tonight " and she actually named them , silly girl I hope they both read her status and chucked her.

How's she being dishonest if she is open enough about her dating to post it on Facebook?. What makes you think she isn't dating people who don't see dating in the same manner as her. After all part of the point of traditional dating is to find out if people are like minded and compatible. How they see dating and relationships is part of that.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How's she being dishonest if she is open enough about her dating to post it on Facebook?. What makes you think she isn't dating people who don't see dating in the same manner as her. After all part of the point of traditional dating is to find out if people are like minded and compatible. How they see dating and relationships is part of that.
    Maybe but the way she wrote it was quite show - offy .
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would you know you suit and want to be in a relationship without going on a few dates? In my view a relationship comes after dating.

What your saying is like saying you would only interview one candidate for a job as to look around would be insulting. The point of doing lots of interviews is to see what kind if candidates are out there and which you think would be best.

I didn't mean I'd only go on one date with someone and then decide after 1 night out. I meant that I'd only go on dates with one person at a time. Basically, see where things go with one person rather then confusing matters by dating several people at the same time (that's providing you are fortunate to be in demand as to even have that option!)

Sometimes you know after 1 date if anything is there between you and you can move on. If you have a great date with someone and want to see them again, then I'd much rather be focused on that excitement and person.