Options

Fancy fresh Pact Coffee delivered straight to your door for just £1?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
Coffee start-up Pact Coffee have a great introductory offer for Digital Spy readers.

If you're someone that can't live without their coffee - Pact are offering a 250g bag of Pact Coffee sent to your home or office for just £1 (including free P&P).

Use the exclusive DS voucher code ‘digitalspy’ at the checkout on Pact Coffee and you’ll be drinking a fresh cup of beautiful coffee this time tomorrow.

Pact offers five different ranges of hand-roasted beans, ground according to your brew method just before it's safely sealed and sent in a letterbox-friendly pack.

If you'd like to continue receiving coffee straight to your door - Pact offers a completely flexible service allowing you to pause or cancel orders at any time. Regular 250g bags are priced at £6.95 with free P&P and can be delivered weekly, fortnightly or on dates you specify.

This offer is for new Pact customers only. One bag per household, UK only. Full terms and conditions can be found here.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    so this is what DS has become.... :(
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    No, not really.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has NOTHING to do with broadcasting and should be taken down or moved to general discussions.
    Im sure it breaks DSs own rules?
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, as I don't drink coffee.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about coffee but this marketing seems a bit off to me.

I suppose it might work for people into the coffee subscription thing, but I always find the enforced subscription you can cancel at any time! always rather offputting.

Here's a hilarious PR push:

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/worldregional/uk/658738

tee hee.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Tea, so NO I don't want this.

What does this have to do with Broadcasting?? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    I prefer Tea, so NO I don't want this.

What does this have to do with Broadcasting?? :confused:

Thats exactly what Im saying
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a pinned topic and appears at the top of every forum on here. Forced advertising basically :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a pinned topic and appears at the top of every forum on here. Forced advertising basically :(

but its not pinned at the top of every forum on here! the Sky forum the freeview forum the freesat forum the Dr Who forum are all free of this advertisement!
  • Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This post appears to breach DS's own terms and conditions regarding advertising, report it as spam!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    but its not pinned at the top of every forum on here! the Sky forum the freeview forum the freesat forum the Dr Who forum are all free of this advertisement!
    Pinned topics only appear in parent forums usually so child forums won't get them unless specified in the admin control panel. Either way it is as mentioned a probable breach of the DS t&c's as it is forcing the user to view advertisements with no way of removing it.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, reminds me of a politician accepting a back hander!

So sad!
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried it, didn't like it, won't be trying again. And I'm not recommending it to anyone.

Now I've fulfilled the intention of the advert, may it please be removed.
  • Options
    Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regular 250g bags are priced at £6.95 ???

What??

Tesco sell their 227g bags of Finest Java Sumatra bags of beans or ground for £2.99.

Go to Tesco* for a much cheaper option

*Other supermarkets are also available.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinned topics should only be about the board or rules etc. This is a new low for a once good board.

What the hell next?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone reports this topic maybe they will take notice and remove it, or ask the company concerned if they would like to pay for an advertising spot (which will then get removed by our ad blockers the same as all the other junk that gets added to this site so we can concentrate on the actual forum bit)
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Object Z wrote: »
    Regular 250g bags are priced at £6.95 ???

What??

Tesco sell their 227g bags of Finest Java Sumatra bags of beans or ground for £2.99.

Go to Tesco* for a much cheaper option

*Other supermarkets are also available.

Yes, I thought it was very expensive!
  • Options
    IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with this? DS like any online business need targeted advertising. This works well as there is the code so the advertiser can see that the customer has come from DS.

It should be flagged as an ad though.
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    Adverts should look like adverts, trying to merge advert with thread is problematic for me.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I thought it was very expensive!

Though Whittards "Britannia Music Club" is a tenner a month

http://www.whittard.co.uk/club/join
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Their gaff, their rules.

I quite like coffee, but £7 for a quarter kilo is taking the mick, however nice it is. And it's one of those arrangements where you give them your card details and then forget to cancel the repeat order, and end up paying over the odds. That kind of 'rollover marketing' should be forbidden.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact some of the advertothreads are locked to replies, and some aren't. I wonder if it's a clever marketing strategy to see if some of the boards here are more receptive than others :p
This discussion has been closed.