Options

I'm all for the rights of gay people to marriage however.....

Wise BadgerWise Badger Posts: 781
Forum Member
✭✭
I personally don't view it as equal to the marriage between a man and a woman. However that being said if homosexuals want a government certificate that says "marriage" on it and all the legal rights associated with that then I'm all for them having that right since it makes them feel better to have their "marriage" certified as a marriage.

Comments

• Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    You started a thread about the Malaysian plane disappearance and UFO's...

The mods zapped that one sharpish...
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um I'm confused. So you want them to be able to say they are married if it makes them happy but you don't accept that they are married?
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think homosexuals are concerned about their legal rights, not your personal opinion.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,074
    Forum Member
    I personally don't view it as equal to the marriage between a man and a woman. However that being said if homosexuals want a government certificate that says "marriage" on it and all the legal rights associated with that then I'm all for them having that right since it makes them feel better to have their "marriage" certified as a marriage.

What you view it as is of no importance one way or the other. The law says it's equal now, so tough luck matey, it's equal.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the gays will sleep easier knowing they have the approval of some anonymous internet jackoff.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must have been frustrating for you having this thought burning away inside you and DS having no existing threads whatsoever on gay marriage for you to post it in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you view it as is of no importance one way or the other. The law says it's equal now, so tough luck matey, it's equal.

Tough luck? I said I'm for it. It doesn't bother me in the remotest.

In fact I find it bizarre when some anti gay marriage activists are bothered by gay marriage and claim that it will change the definition of marriage.

The true definition of marriage in the minds of people cannot be changed by a document issued by a registry office.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tough luck? I said I'm for it. It doesn't bother me in the remotest.

In fact I find it bizarre when some anti gay marriage activists are bothered by gay marriage and claim that it will change the definition of marriage.

The true definition of marriage in the minds of people cannot be changed by a document issued by a registry office.

BIB and you also said this "I personally don't view it as equal to the marriage between a man and a woman". So it does not bother you because you don't view it as a "normal" marriage is that what you're saying?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure that gay folk would rather have a government approved certificate, rather than a wise badger one. So it's no big deal really :)
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So op. Do you consider straight marriage in a registry office a lesser marriage than a church marriage?
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Not even a good bit of trolling.

" if homosexuals want a government certificate that says "marriage" on it "

It's the exact same piece of paper that straight people have. Even the ones that are married in a church.

Who gives a flying fig about what you think? The facts are that it is in every way equal and the same that straight couples have. That's it!

So what you have dreamt up in your head is your problem. I wish you luck with finding a cure.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

It doesn't matter what your views are. The law says the marriage is equal.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member

What about the minds of all the people who see it as equal.

Why does your argument not hold water? So it's only in the minds of people who agree with you and ignore the law and the minds of everyone who doesn't hold your homophobic views.

Ridiculous nonsense!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prepare for a barrage of abuse OP. If you make just one opinion about homosexuality you get branded as a homophobe haha!
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that gay folk would rather have a government approved certificate, rather than a wise badger one. So it's no big deal really :)

I would love to have a wedding conducted by a wise badger. Not the OP obviously.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,028
    Forum Member
    Luckily you don't have to because the law and I imagine the majority of people do.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    Prepare for a barrage of abuse OP. If you make just one opinion about homosexuality you get branded as a homophobe haha!

You seem to post about little else other than homosexuality. What is at the root of your obsession I don't know, but you've got nobody to blame but yourself if people brand you a homophobe.
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have a wedding conducted by a wise badger. Not the OP obviously.

Wouldn't it be a bit smelly?
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »

Badgers are very clean animals which use communal latrines some distance from the sett. I can not speak for the OP in that regard.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Armi wrote: »

Well, a badger that's wise would have a wash beforehand, surely?
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member

So presumably you have always supported equal marriage legislation?
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badgers are very clean animals which use communal latrines some distance from the sett. I can not speak for the OP in that regard.

I hope these badger latrines are clearly marked. I wouldn't want to to fall into one.
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Well, a badger that's wise would have a wash beforehand, surely?

Not necessarily. I once had a very wise teacher who was smelly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luckily you don't have to because the law and I imagine the majority of people do.

No the majority of people don't. The majority of people in the UK support the rights of gay people to get a marriage certificate, as do I.

However they don't genuinely view gay marriage and straight marriage as being equal.

Marriage is just a ceremony followed by a certificate. It's the relationship that counts. And the relationship between a man and a woman is fundamental to the procreation of the human species. If all straight relationships ceased, it would result in the virtual extinction of the human species.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not a "marriage". It's a marriage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    So presumably you have always supported equal marriage legislation?

I used to support just civil partnerships. However now I support gay marriage. However I've always supported a legal recognition of gay relationships.