Options

Why so much negativity???

dragon_mutant1dragon_mutant1 Posts: 212
Forum Member
I don't understand why everyone is so bloody negative about this show, which is supposed to be a fun, feel-good, light-hearted entertainment show and everyone is now effing and blinding about BGT, trust me there are so many other shows that are flawed and useless and BGT doesn't deserve all the online abuse it's getting, It's not there for you to take seriously, it's there to entertain you, to make you laugh and to make you enjoy yourself, come on people, it's only a TV show, please, just be positive and give the show a chance, all these criticisms and hate messages are doing my head-in, this is of course coming from a BGT diehard fan.

Comments

• Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want nothing but positivity then this forum aint for you I'm afraid. Just wait until the X Factor and Big Brother, those forums can get full of negativity. We can't all pretend to be happy with the show. We're entitled to an opinion and the first page alone shows that Digital Spy users aren't happy with the show.

You have to realise that this forum only represents about 0.00001% of the British public. Don't get so upset about people bashing your wonderful show.

Twitter can be very positive towards the show but luckily I follow sensible people.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why everyone is so bloody negative about this show, which is supposed to be a fun, feel-good, light-hearted entertainment show and everyone is now effing and blinding about BGT, trust me there are so many other shows that are flawed and useless and BGT doesn't deserve all the online abuse it's getting, It's not there for you to take seriously, it's there to entertain you, to make you laugh and to make you enjoy yourself, come on people, it's only a TV show, please, just be positive and give the show a chance, all these criticisms and hate messages are doing my head-in, this is of course coming from a BGT diehard fan.

Then perhaps this isn't the place for you. A forum full of positivity would close within a week. Part of the reason people are on here is for the arguments and opposing opinions.

Funny how you want freedom of speech for yourself but not for those that may not be fans of this year's BGT. And why so negative about football? You can't have it both ways
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, considering this is the 8th or 9th season of the show, I think it's fair to say people have given it a chance. And the people who don't like it on this forum don't represent the millions of viewers it gets every week or it wouldn't be on. Any show worth its salt has to be able to stand up to criticism, I'm not sure why you seem so upset about it. :confused:

As far as online abuse goes, are you referring to this forum specifically? I highly doubt the judges or any producers read this stuff, it's just a place for viewers to let off a bit of steam. If you're talking about criticizing the acts on stage, well, if they want to make a name for themselves I think being able to receive negative comments is part and parcel of that. I'm not condoning bullying, and indeed a little discretion and kindness would go a long way where children are involved, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, as you are so fond of saying. :)
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Probably because it is none of the things you mention. Just scripted nonsense designed to promote its judges
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's mind numbing dumbed down garbage.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,234
    Forum Member
    Because that's what a forum is for

But don't worry there is the "I love britians got talent brigade" who come on and tell us off for being negative about the show LOL
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because that's what a forum is for

But don't worry there is the "I love britians got talent brigade" who come on and tell us off for being negative about the show LOL

They're the people who are happy to be taken for fools by Cowell.
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    I thought Britain's Got Talent was about giving people their big break. Genuinely unheard of talented people, not people who are already performing in the entertainment industry.
    The fact the judges sit there mouths wide opened gob smacked when they know damn well what act is coming up next. Just like the very staged .Simon before the Spanish dancers act started.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,895
    Forum Member
    mistygal wrote: »
    I thought Britain's Got Talent was about giving people their big break. Genuinely unheard of talented people, not people who are already performing in the entertainment industry.
    The fact the judges sit there mouths wide opened gob smacked when they know damn well what act is coming up next. Just like the very staged .Simon before the Spanish dancers act started.

I think this is one of the problems with the show as the Judges are all prepped and given some form of crib sheet on each act for example 'Why are you here?' or 'Do your parents know what you're doing?' to prompt some form of sob story, its very contrived and dishonest. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't perpetuate the illusion that anyone can apply by showing the queues or green room where the judges see thousands of people. If they said, 'next up is Paddy and Nico, they impressed the spanish public but Paddy's dream is to perform for the Queen' or something like that, there'd be no deception (although they did crop up on a SKY 1 talent show a couple of years ago too)

Having said that, I do think the standard of talent is pretty high this year, there's no WOW acts really, but enough to make the live shows and final competitive and exciting I think- Its nice when there's no runaway winner like Attraction last year :)