Options

Pauline's reason for Helen's pass

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
Forum Member
Was Helen truthful in saying she'd use the money to foster children (which made Pauline give her the pass to the final) or was it her gameplay?
Obviously, she convinced Pauline but what social worker would allow someone like her to foster kids i.e. her angry, sneering, foul mouthed behaviour?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I think that ship sailed within a few hours of her joining BB ...... not the best advert for child fostering is Helen .... vile mouth, dubious past, bullying - the dubious past can be forgiven .. however, her behaviour and lack of regard for others has done her a lot of damage.

She'll probably do some modelling .... the only good thing about her is her figure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't hear her statement about fostering.

Good god.....can never see that happening even if she was the only option left for social services.

Helen has a lot of growing up to do. She acts like she's in the playground.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing Helen can foster is a grudge.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least she'd give the children cute little pet names :cool:
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Helen has a clean record as shown by an enhanced CRB and is a good mother, then her past is irrelevant. However, leaving her child to pursue fame on a reality show will not stand her in good stead regardless of her behaviour whilst in it.

My friends have just become foster parents - took a year of stringent hoop jumping. They were constantly tested and observed. ANY sign of a short temper, foul language, lack of understanding of the many hundreds of policies and procedures and/or a perception that these would not be able to be consistently fulfilled, then they will not consider you.

The PTB are much more picky these days, given the amount of child abuse / neglect that makes its way into the MSM almost daily. Local Authorities are stretched and on edge all over the country.

If Helen's day to day personality is anything like the one she has displayed in the house, then it will be brought to the surface by highly skilled men and women well versed in child protection. She would not have a prayer.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will never be allowed to adopt a child
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Pauline saw a different VT than us
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, how exactly do you pay to foster??? If you're accepted for fostering, surely Social Services pay YOU? Does Helen think she can bribe her way in with SS, or was she just saying something on her VT to make her sound like Mother Theresa Mark 2? YOU decide........;-)
  • Options
    ArwenEvenstarArwenEvenstar Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catspaw wrote: »
    Er, how exactly do you pay to foster??? If you're accepted for fostering, surely Social Services pay YOU? Does Helen think she can bribe her way in with SS, or was she just saying something on her VT to make her sound like Mother Theresa Mark 2? YOU decide........;-)

Helen may have said something along the lines of "if I won, I'd buy a bigger house so I could foster children" and so that's what Pauline was trying to support.
  • Options
    ArwenEvenstarArwenEvenstar Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevordoe wrote: »
    I didn't hear her statement about fostering.

Good god.....can never see that happening even if she was the only option left for social services.

Helen has a lot of growing up to do. She acts like she's in the playground.

Helen didn't make a statement about fostering on the program, but when she went to thank Pauline for giving her the free pass, Pauline said a couple of times in her ear "now if you win, you make sure you foster them kids".
  • Options
    ohboyohboy Posts: 2,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen didn't make a statement about fostering on the program, but when she went to thank Pauline for giving her the free pass, Pauline said a couple of times in her ear "now if you win, you make sure you foster them kids".
    that's right. pauline said it to helen.

have to wonder if it's just a helen scam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shows what a bad judge of character Pauline is.
    Loves Helen after 5 minutes.
    Hates Jale after 5 minutes.
    And I will never understand why she chose to put Mathew in the cage for the night.
    His VT was probably the most inoffensive.
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't her past as a prostitute rule her out of the fostering process anyway?
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    at least she'd give the children cute little pet names :cool:

:D.....
  • Options
    TJ-67TJ-67 Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be a foster parent you need compassion amongst other things.

Helen will never tick that box.
  • Options
    beanie.beanie. Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumping an old thread here,
    but we never heard any more mention of fostering again from Helen.
    I reckon producers told her Pauline was power HM and helen said what was needed to get Pauline to award her the pass.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    It's something that will need look at TBH. The stunt casting of the season gets the free pass, ends up as the biggest and most controversial character of the season and ultimately rewarded thanks to production's party line, and added to that Pauline has been anonymous since.

Very skeptical.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pauline was originally going to give it to Ash until BB reminded her it was all the housemates, not only the 2nd night ones.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    auntysplat wrote: »
    Perhaps Pauline saw a different VT than us

Pauline was told what to do.

They needed Helen for the whole series and Jale was obviously the perfect weekly victim.
  • Options
    heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooo, I know it's wrong (YES, I KNOW it's wrong) but I'd love to see Pauline's bank account just to see if CH5 did deposit any readies in reward for her giving Helen that free pass...
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Helen be allowed to adopt children.....Mmmm well Madonna did :D
  • Options
    will_dearbornwill_dearborn Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pauline had a lot to say in the House, hasn't been seen since - loose lips sink ships ;)

She picked Helen after a few moments on Launch Night, I remember it well - Helen was terrible, I remember thinking that woman is so loud and annoying - kerching...free pass!! :p

Just felt fishy even then.

But there was a World Cup on...:)

:D:D
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pauline won't be letting on any time soon ;)
  • Options
    heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »

Madonna didn't adopt her children; she bought them.

Subtle, but important difference.
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »

Are you implying that there is any similarity between Helen and Maddona?