Options

[Game] The Twist Factor 3: Live Show #6

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the sixth live show of The Twist Factor 3!

Last Sunday, eight acts went head-to head for our special Battle Of The Seasons theme. It was an absolutely nerve-wrecking show, with the acts going through in little groups at a time: one act didn't have to perform due to winning immunity in week 4, so she was the first one through. The acts who won their battles were the next four, while a final public vote secured the survival of three more, leaving Craig Colton as the unfortunate eliminee of the night.

Tonight, we're in for another show that pays homage to another game. It's NTA Artists night, meaning each act will be singing a song by someone who featured on one of the seven fabulous series of DS Next Top Artist. With a theme as flawless as that, you can expect some great performances by our top eight. However, there's a twist and an elimination just around the corner, keep that in mind. ;-)

Allow me the courtesy of welcoming the judges and the top 8:

pjh8 and the last of the boys
Marcus Canty

daniel_farrelly and the girls
Ellona Santiago
Janet Devlin

pingu58011 and the groups
Girlband
Restless Road

unclekevo and the over 25s
Daniel DeBourg
Kristine Mirelle
Mary Byrne

I know some of you are only able to partially attend the show tonight, so please confirm your presence if you're here, judges.

Comments

• Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may just be you and me for a while, Daniel. I got a PM from Kev explaining that he didn't have time to write comments but may post some brief ones when he gets here, while Pingu and Paul are both otherwise occupied at the moment (I have their comments though).

So, without further ado, let's do this. Up first, it's the act that has defied the odds by getting here. Can Ellona Santiago impress this time?

Trouble by Natalia Kills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6_P9aUpsE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Here.

Sorry to intrude but Daniel, The Music Industry has started :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellona Santiago

Ellona what a great start to the show! That song was really edgy and cool and the artist suited you perfectly. I know people have had their doubts about you in the past but tonight you really proved that you deserve to be here and I can definitely see you making it through. Well done Ellona!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellona Santiago

Ellona, that was actually quite good. It really suited you and your voice and it was 1000000000000000000000 times better than last shows catastrophe. It was actually a nice little comeback. However, I found it a bit predictable as I predicted you would sing Natalia Kills when I saw the theme. I am also sick of how inconsistent you are. One week you are okay and the next you are really bad. Your mentor needs to work on that but overall that was a good effort and I think it will see you through to next week!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to intrude but Daniel, The Music Industry has started :p

Sorry, but I didn't send my comments to Rick, and sent my comments to you:(

Ellona Santiago
    *Standing Ovation*

And Ellona is back!!!!!! That was amazing and your best to date. Please vote ellona!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great comeback for Ellona, but how much further can her inconsistent performances take her?

This act got great comments for last show's closing performance. Can Restless Road replicate that with this Fleet Foxes track?

Ragged Wood by Fleet Foxes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGWT3aS-AnQ
    Note: There is a long instrumental from 2:29 to 3:10 that is quite dull so please skip that part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restless Road

Boys you've done it again! That was an electric performance and the elements of rock complimented ye again so well. I love this new route Pingu is taking ye on as it makes ye so much more entertaining. With performances like that, I could definitely see ye making the final! Well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restless Road
    *Standing Ovation*

Once again boys you rocked the house. This theme was horrible for you as not many NTA acts suited you lads at all. However, the moment I saw this, I just knew it would be perfect for you. I avoided the generic country and went for something that was really interesting. Your voices were excellent and the harmonizes were really good. You really do bring something entirely different to the competition and I lovvvvvvveeee mentoring you. I hope the public realize how amazing that performance was and vote for you!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Restless Road

That was actually really good guys, but I rather last weeks performance. But still another solid performance. Well done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solid comments for Restless Road, but the enthusiasm was notably down from last week.

Next up, it's the act that had a week off last show. Can Kristine Mirelle come back with a bang?

A Little Too Much by Natasha Bedingfield
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wd0nbN2p8w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristine Mirelle

At first I didn't think I'd like it when I saw you were singing Natasha Bedingfield but the song completely changed my mind. The song was acquitted really well to those bluesy soulful vocals you have. It was also really nice and refreshing to see you do something different taking on a more pop orientated song. I can see this being one of the standouts of the night and you're another act to watch out for! Well done Kristine, fantastic performance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristine Mirelle

Kristine it is lovely to see you back. I really did miss you last week. Now this was actually quite good. I thought the vocals were really good for you with that slightly quirky voice and yeah, it truly felt like a Kristine Mirelle performance. Your vocals were beautiful and I really did enjoy it. On paper this shouldn't have worked at all but it actually worked very well. Right now I would say you are the one to beat and my groups are really scared of you. Well done again!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kristine Mirelle

One word........flawless!!!! I guess I'll see you next week;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems Kristine pleasantly surprised the panel with her big comeback performance.

The second of the girls is up next. Singing a song by an absolutely flawless artist (<3 :D), it's Janet Devlin!

Faces by Owl Eyes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTN-NWd9v0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Devlin

Janet last week I wasn't overly pushed by your performance but this week I actually loved it!! It was so groovy and fun and the vocals suited your quirkiness so well. Even though it might have been a bit predictable, I still thought this was your best performance yet and I actually hope you make it through as you're one of my favourites outside my category. Well done and good luck in the vote Janet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Devlin

Janet, this was good for you. It suited you really well. The vocals were just perfect for yours. However, my problem is the predictability of the performance. When I heard this theme, like Ellona, I just knew your mentor would pick Owl Eyes. She is constantly used for quirky girls like you so I guess it was just a little meh. There's no denying that it suited you but I wish your mentor would be more creative with the themes to go because every week you seem to be predictable. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has to be said: only on DS could Owl Eyes ever be considered predictable. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet Devlin
    *Standing Ovation*

Flawless, Flawless, Flawless!!!!! This was by far your best performance to date!!! Please public, vote for JANET DEVLIN!!!!:D

And we didn't have a huge amount of time to choose songs, so I had to go predictable. If we had more time, maybe I would have been more experimental!!
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be said: only on DS could Owl Eyes ever be considered predictable. :p

Well, we all know how he judges these days, so it should be no surprise. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aside from the p-word being thrown around carelessly, this was a pretty good set of comments for Janet. Will she make it through to week 7?

Back to Kev and his over 25s for the next performance. Singing a song by 'The Tedder', it's Daniel DeBourg.

Shadows by Ryan Tedder
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ntR_KaLy4Y
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel DeBourg
    **Standing Ovation**

Daniel that was such a beautiful performance filled with so much emotion. Ryan Tedder is an artist who is doing amazing atm so I really did love this. The last two weeks,you have really turned things around for the better as previously I felt you didn't stand out. The standard has been exceptional so far and I just hope people remember you and vote because you really deserve it! Great performance Daniel!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel DeBourg

Daniel this really suited you, but after last week's performance, I am very dissapointed. Last week you were outstanding and this just felt like a big step down. The song was just very meh and boring. Like, there wasn't much interesting things going on with the song. It just felt like a performance any pop singer would sing. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't amazing like you have been other weeks. I think you could actually be in a bit of trouble. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel De Bourg

that was good, if not a bit boring. Again, last week was much better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixed comments for Daniel, which could prove to be a problem considering tonight's standard.

Time for the groups again. Specifically Girlband who are singing an Ingrid Michaelson song tonight.

Time Machine by Ingrid Michaelson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7GYm1pQyJA