Options

Three joins London underground wifi

JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
Forum Member
✭✭
Finally all of the main UK networks can offer their customers access to the virgin media London underground wifi now that Three has joined in, This will be offered free of charge to customers by the end of the month.

Link to source

Comments

• Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I expected this would happen around the time Three launched there app. Hopefully one day they get connectivity on the Euro Tunnel as well odd they haven't when they the only network that offers free roaming there.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have connectivity on the Eurostar. They had it before France became a Feel At Home country because I was using the connection to message a friend on my last journey through the tunnel. I was quite surprised. I think it was only a small part of the journey where I didn't have signal.
  • Options
    bikerladbikerlad Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time! I have to find my old Orange Value Promise SIM on Virgin Mobile to get a wifi code so I could use my Three phone. :D
  • Options
    AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bikerlad wrote: »
    About time! I have to find my old Orange Value Promise SIM on Virgin Mobile to get a wifi code so I could use my Three phone. :D

Orange SIM on Virgin!?!?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Yay, now I can stare at my phone rather than talk to people....

oh wait.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    AlecR wrote: »
    Orange SIM on Virgin!?!?

No. It was an Orange tariff that matched a Virgin mobile tariff.
  • Options
    Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I've been able to use my phone (mobile data) on the HK underground for many, many years. Now the London UG is massive but why haven't they got mobile masts in at least zone 1? Well, I know half the story (Huawei got rejected) but it seems like a bit of joke that it is 2014 and there's no mobile reception in a major transport link of our capital city.
  • Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been able to use my phone (mobile data) on the HK underground for many, many years. Now the London UG is massive but why haven't they got mobile masts in at least zone 1? Well, I know half the story (Huawei got rejected) but it seems like a bit of joke that it is 2014 and there's no mobile reception in a major transport link of our capital city.

Huawei didn't get rejected, they pulled out. Here's a BBC News article about it from April 2011.