Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nexus 7 tips and tricks anyone?

Old 19-07-2014, 19:04
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

Parents wanted a cheap tablet so we just picked up a first gen nexus 7. I'm an Apple person myself with iPhones and iPads etc but I've just been playing about with it setting up a gmail account for the rents and updating software etc, I'm quite impressed with it for the price we payed.

So any tips at all? For example whats up with google now? It's saying we need to set it up? I thought it was something built into android? Also whats the best way of getting pics from a nokia lumia phone to the nexus 7? Lumia to computer, computer to nexus 7 I'm guessing?

Think that's it for the minute, cheers
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-07-2014, 19:11
iGeek2014
Forum Member

Parents wanted a cheap tablet so we just picked up a first gen nexus 7. I'm an Apple person myself with iPhones and iPads etc but I've just been playing about with it setting up a gmail account for the rents and updating software etc, I'm quite impressed with it for the price we payed.

So any tips at all? For example whats up with google now? It's saying we need to set it up? I thought it was something built into android? Also whats the best way of getting pics from a nokia lumia phone to the nexus 7? Lumia to computer, computer to nexus 7 I'm guessing?

Think that's it for the minute, cheers
You could install OneDrive (formerly Sky Drive) on both the Lumia and Nexus 7 and transfer images that way?
iGeek2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 20:06
paulbrock
Forum Member

So any tips at all? For example whats up with google now? It's saying we need to set it up? I thought it was something built into android?
Its less 'set it up', more 'turn it on'.
paulbrock is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 20:11
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

Thanks folks.

As you can tell I'm a Android noob! Lol
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote