Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 here soon?

StigStig Posts: 12,446
Forum Member
✭✭
I notice Amazon have reduced the price of the Kindle Paperwhite 2 from £109 to £89. Does this mean a new one is imminent?

Typical, as I bought one in June!

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours where that it should've been out Q2 of this year but reports in June still think it's a long way off... Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if it pops out later this year. I bought my G1 PW about this time last year knowing full well the G2 was coming out... so it goes...

Also, the £20 reduction isn't permanent - it ends tomorrow.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    The Amazon Paperwhite 2 is pretty much perfect. Except for some really minor adjustments to the top level menus I'd leave well alone.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont they normally release one in Sept / October ?

I got the new one last year, and I do like it, just wish they would bring back the free 3g with full (kind of) internet browsing like on the old keyboard one.

I still have the old keyboard one for whenever I go abroad, great for reading the news headlines, and sometimes for maps, etc.

I use the new one mainly at home, I dont read many books, but again just read the news and articles found on The Book Of The Web, really great before nodding off (unlike ipads, etc which keep me awake)