Options

I lost 3 people today (3 deaths)

MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I woke up this morning sun shining beautifully... I thought 'this day is gonna be great':)
then at text came through 6:15 am .. Aunt died. She was my second Mum.. hey, she was ill, not unexpected, a blessed release but, yup it still hits you!

So then at 10am I got another text. Thought it was regarding Aunt funeral-- but no, my best friend had died, in her sleep.
At 4pm my other friend died. Both were sudden deaths, unrelated. This evening I had to ID the bodies of both friends luckily they were at same mortuary Ones eyes were still open, that was tough to look at

Anyway I have been told by friend no2 solicitor Ive been assigned as sole executor, so Im lying here in bed fretting.. havent a clue where to start on this. The person didnt have much and lived in a council flat, so Im wondering if the DSS can fund a part of the funeral. Im a bit worried I have to find £4k from my savings. Maybe I should get some sleep and worry about this tomorrow

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rip :(
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    OMG, really sorry to hear that :( That must be hard to take in, hope you're coping well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ((((((HUGS))))) you know what just by having someone here replying helps so much (I live alone)

you dont know how much that means to me, well you do, because I just typed it LOL meh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Just reading right now - yes its helping a lot! I didnt even know what a probate was until today
  • Options
    DonmackDonmack Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww. You poor thing. What a shock for you.

Try not to worry about the money issue. The council will provide a basic funeral & then claim the money back from the estate, if they can. They won't demand that you find the money personally.

Try and get a good nights sleep :)
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you have someone who can give you some support through all this?

Isn't life bizarre sometimes! Look after yourself, what an awful thing to go through :( x
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very sorry to hear of your news. I hope you will be okay. Just take each day as it comes.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How terribly sad :(

This must all be such a huge shock and really painful for you MissD ((((((Big Hugs))))))

So, so sorry.....my thoughts are with you x
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too would be worried about my money if three people close to me died on the same day and one of them's solicitor was so on the ball that he'd call the nominated executor within hours of the death.
  • Options
    BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say a prayer for you later, not sure if you like that or not but I always do this if I feel it can help.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is real? Who tells someone via text about deaths of their best friend and second mum?
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Armi wrote: »
    I too would be worried about my money if three people close to me died on the same day and one of them's solicitor was so on the ball that he'd call the nominated executor within hours of the death.

Hate to say this but I agree.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How horrible receiving devastating news like this via a text.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievably tragic.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    They say these things come in 3's. At least it's over with now.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Wow, what a shocking day. RIP to your aunt and two friends.

A few years back our family went through a horrendous year. Lost our mum and dad within ten days of each other and I lost my much beloved little dog during that time. We then went on to lose numerous aunts and uncles for the duration of the year. Eleven in all.

Gallows humour - we began making jokes that we were professional funeral planners/attenders. It was all we could do not to snigger at the seemingly never-ending funerals. The truth was we had no time to grieve for our parents in this time.

So I imagine this will take some time for you to properly take in and grieve properly for each of them. My advice is to try your best to go about day to day life and doing all the proper procedure etc. And then later, don't be afraid of seeking out people who have been through similar either strangers or friends. Best to share whatever you feel regardless of how numb or shocked you feel. It's a process that's individual to everyone and also the timescale of grieving is different too.

Just believe that there are many many people who are willing to support you and share in your pain by remembering a lost loved one of their own. :)
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Everyone grieves in their own way.
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh, that is terrible. :( I hope you're doing ok, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I hope you have someone to talk to also if you need it? Definitely try and get some sleep rather than worrying about it now, and you can start sorting things out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to you.

Life can be so very cruel at times. :(
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    vierte wrote: »
    This is real? Who tells someone via text about deaths of their best friend and second mum?
    Addisonian wrote: »
    How horrible receiving devastating news like this via a text.

Why do I get the distinct impression this thread isn't what it seems...
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »

Glad it's not just me, When I've lost family members the last thing on my mind was jumping on here to tell a bunch of Strangers.
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I would presume that a death of a friend or family member would be made via a call and not a text message :(
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,278
    Forum Member

This was sadly my first thought too.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First posting in GD. All her others are Big Brother with the occasional visit to TV Shows.
This discussion has been closed.