Options

Christmas Wishlist

Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,923
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:D What is on your Christmas wishlist this year? in terms of presents for yourselves and what are you buying for others, what do you want Christmas to be like this year, are you having a quiet one or a big family get together. Have you already started organizing Christmas? i know mine will only start mid November, i may buy a few gifts but the bulk will be late November

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Ive almost finished the xmas shopping for the kids ;) we only buy for them, all the main pressies are either bought or on order, and most of the little bits too, \i like to have it all done and wrapped by November then i can sit back and watch everyone else panic!

Older two are having a wii u each and my 11 year old is having this http://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/store/doctor-who/sixth-scale-figures/11th-doctor-series-7
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough apple flavoured vodka to fell an elephant.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked my daughter to list some of the things she wants this year, that mostly consists of chocolate, biscuits and CD's :D She has no idea what she wants as her 'main' present, neither do I! I won't be purchasing anything until the end of November, at least.

Other than that, no Christmas music, decoration, etc. is allowed in this house until 1 week before Christmas.

We shall, however, be enjoying it more as my Mum is still alive this Christmas when that wasn't a given, so it will feel extra special and that is my present this year, knowing she's still around :)
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like the same as I do every year - PJs and fluffy socks! I'm EXTREMELY easy to buy for. :D
    I would like a Hudl 2 aswell but I'll probably get myself one sometime after Christmas.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Peace to all men (and other humans). ☮
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Billy it is too early to talk about the C word yet. >:(So saying we passed by a shop with the lit and decorated C Tree in their window this morning. Humph! >:(
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna buy myself some girle clothes, and some toys. I really wanna be childish this year.

I want.

A Lego advent calendar
    This years beano/dandy reprint annual
    The viz adventure annual
    A cheap off-brand tiny tears
    Asdas cheap cartoon character panties (care bears/ wonder woman.)
    A care bear.
    And a board game (not sure which.)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A wooden overcoat.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I've ordered my sister and sister-in-law a 'hers n hers' calender

http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/gifts/personalised-calendar-hers-and-hers.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_feed&utm_campaign=froogle&gclid=CIXlrIuzyMECFSgFwwodOHkABQ

and my niece will be getting a shedload of One Direction merchandise, assuming she hasn't gone off them.

A bottle of Jack Daniels for him and some sloe gin for me - merry Christmas one and all *hic*
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Christmas wish list is for Christmas not to exist (for me at least). Alas, my OH's family love it, so I can't avoid it. I might grab myself a Yankee Christmas candle or two as the scents are nice, and maybe, just maybe, a Yankee Christmas advent calendar.

As for his family... Disney's Frozen stuff for the two adult female sisters (they love it and won't be expecting a gift relating to it) and other little girlie bits. His mum, a few Yankee candles, dunno about his dad, and his younger brother, I have no idea yet. I generally only send out cards to my family (his as well ofc), but if there's anything I know my sisters would love to have, I get it for them as a surprise. And my grandparents, a flower arrangement just because I love them to pieces.

And before anyone says, I don't want nor expect gifts for Christmas, either. Me and my partner don't exchange gifts, and generally just buy stuff in the sales after Christmas.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like my health and for my family not to be such cretins about the whole festive period.

I very much doubt either will happen so I might just barricade myself in my bedroom and watch TV or dabble on teh interwebs.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have one this year. The kids are getting cash and I've suggested to my husband that we go out for a meal or to the theater. I'll probably buy something to send to my son in Canada, usually some "No Fear" apparel and a bit of choccy.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    A national trust membership. That's how I roll cause I'm bad ass
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want this smart coat with fur collar from next http://www.next.co.uk/g402254s2
    Lego - Parisian Restaurant modular - http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Parisian-Restaurant-10243
    Lego - mini cooper - http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/MINI-Cooper-10242

If I get these I will be delighted. I've not started my Christmas shopping yet I will start next month I have a rough idea what I need to buy.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I would like to move to a bungalow with a garden in the next county for chistmas but no chance of that.

Oldest daughter is hosting christmas and it's normally a big family together but she's moved away this year so i'm not sure how many we will be.

I have 12 grandchildren and stopped buying presents in favour of a day out somewhere after Christmas being spoiled by nanny.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to move to a bungalow with a garden in the next county for chistmas but no chance of that.

Oldest daughter is hosting christmas and it's normally a big family together but she's moved away this year so i'm not sure how many we will be.

I have 12 grandchildren and stopped buying presents in favour of a day out somewhere after Christmas being spoiled by nanny.

Wow 12 grand children that must keep you busy a day out somewhere is a great idea. My cousins have a lot of young children and a few of their birthdays are in December so it can get very expensive for family members. I will suggest a day out they might appreciate that more than having so many presents they don't know where to start which normally happens.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty Big Wishlist but i'll keep it short.

Hatsan Galatian 3 Carbine - .22

Pellpax Black Ops Tactical Sniper Rifle .177

Air Arms S400 MPR FT. .22

As well as peace on Earth :D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Wow 12 grand children that must keep you busy a day out somewhere is a great idea. My cousins have a lot of young children and a few of their birthdays are in December so it can get very expensive for family members. I will suggest a day out they might appreciate that more than having so many presents they don't know where to start which normally happens.

:)

Another of my tricks is to fill a gift bag with party bag fillers and loose sweets (where appropriate) or fruit or a load of cheap art stuff from the works, or jokes and tricks they invariably are delighted.

Poundland has some good stuff for the job.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,024
    Forum Member
    Nothing really at the moment. Probably some music and DVDs. They tend to be staples on my list every year. :)
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patterned fondant embossing mats, various

Shape cutters, various

Some unusual Americolor food gel colours

Fondant crimpers, various

I won't actually be in the UK for Christmas…my friend and I will do an early one here before my holiday. I am not organised at all. I am still organising Halloween for next week.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Money will do for me. Comes in handy.

I don't really take part in the winter trading festival these days and I'm sure the TV adverts will drive me nuts.

A nice Christmas dinner, just me Dad and his partner would be nice, but I don't tend to visit Devon at Christmas these days, as the train fares are extortionate and the trains crowded. Plus, the weather is usually pretty crap at that time and the days are short, so there is not much opportunity to go sightseeing.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Books is always on my list as I read a couple every week. My husband always makes me CDs. Whatever it is that I'm listening to a lot, he will hunt down B sides, rarities, live recordings etc on the internet and make me CDs, he's pretty ace like that. He even makes proper covers!

I'm buying him new t shirts as he's lost a bit of his middle aged spread and his t shirts are all a bit baggy now so I'll search the web for band t shirts that I think he'll like.

My son wants a new fangled smart phone that does everything but clean the house.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wish is simple and it won't cost anything - I simply wish to be around all my family that are here today (including my 90 year old Dad) and those that are on their way!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 'delete user' button on DS.
    Doubt I'd get much chance to use it though :D

A method of delivering electric shocks down the phone.

Enough alcohol of any flavour to fell several herds of elephants
    and an elephant rifle.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An end to the effing Mark Duggan thread. Talk about obsessive.