Options

David Cameron To Ban Encryption??

DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
Forum Member
✭✭✭
David Cameron stated today that he would ban encryption and any services that use encryption, like snapchat and whatsapp..

This comes because of the recent attacks in paris....

http://uk.businessinsider.com/david-cameron-encryption-apple-pgp-2015-1?r=US

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/whatsapp-and-snapchat-could-be-banned-under-new-surveillance-plans-9973035.html

So because the *snoopers charters* bill got scrapped, they now are trying to revive it but with more powers...

It sickens me that there was attacks, but it sickens me more that Governments around the world use them as an excuse to further take away our basic rights 1 at a time, until they get full power over everything, this is not freedom, this is not free speech, this is becoming very much like 1984...

Comments

• Options
    StalwartUKStalwartUK Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he want every business to leave the country?
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the shooters were watched, and were well known to the intelligence services...yet its "oh noes teh internetz is to blame"... yet again. Yaaawn. Let's hear another one.

This is fcuk all to do with the net, and everything to do with French security services fcking up. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does he propose people log on to order their Tesco delivery?
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    governments just want the citizens to obey and not question anything they do>:(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The government is slowly trying to make the internet as 'open' as possible. They'll use anything in order to justify the online laws they want brought out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yah its gotta be up there with the *out of their minds* category..

Sometimes i do wonder if they ever consult and think of everything before they make these ridiculous new laws and make these speeches...

But what is more ridiculous is the fact that the attacks happened in France, *not the UK* and it was on land, not internet, but yet Mr Cameron thinks this is right??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what next listen in to every phone call landline and mobile>:(.
    cctv and sound mountain equipment into our homes>:(
    microchip implant us so they can monitor where we are>:(
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is he so eager to listen to the security services about getting new toys... He didn't listen to the army, navy and air force. Anyway, it won't get him re-elected. He's just a shiny toff who talks like he's got an aniseed ball in his mouth and he thinks conviction is a criminal record.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    This government really are a joke, why not take away our freedom of speech while you're at it David!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This government really are a joke, why not take away our freedom of speech while you're at it David!!

yep :P well said :)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreamRJ wrote: »
    Yah its gotta be up there with the *out of their minds* category..

Sometimes i do wonder if they ever consult and think of everything before they make these ridiculous new laws and make these speeches...

But what is more ridiculous is the fact that the attacks happened in France, *not the UK* and it was on land, not internet, but yet Mr Cameron thinks this is right??

It's a desperate excuse that is being used to try and make the internet in the UK more 'open'.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If DreamRJ's representation of the story is true then it is a genuinely shocking indictment of how uninformed our own government is. It's beyond funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it would like to only give certain people the vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what next listen in to every phone call landline and mobile>:(.
    cctv and sound mountain equipment into our homes>:(
    microchip implant us so they can monitor where we are>:(

They already know where we are, GPS in every phone and car sat nav!!!!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's reactive legislation .. again. I suspect if someone sat him down and explained Tor to him, he'd want that banned as well. Idiot.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    The Prime Minister of our country, the highest office in the land, has the intelligence about the internet below that of an 8 year old child. The idea you could ban chat services is MENTALLY stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They already know where we are, GPS in every phone and car sat nav!!!!

but if you've got a top up phone they don't know who you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If DreamRJ's representation of the story is true then it is a genuinely shocking indictment of how uninformed our own government is. It's beyond funny.

I just made this thread when i found out this shocking news like an hour ago, and i just added my personal view on it, the links i posted in my OP is the news on it....

But my views are as many of the population, totally against this type of thing happening..
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is just PATHETIC now, blatently going after web based services for BARELY ANYTHING!!!

may can't come ******* quick enough >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but if you've got a top up phone they don't know who you are.

True, i used to always have pre paid phones, but now i use a contract one, o well :P
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    The tories can stoop low cant they? They were only on question time thursday saying 'i hope the french have the strength not to create any irresponsible laws on the back of this' and then their leader comes out with this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just made this thread when i found out this shocking news like an hour ago, and i just added my personal view on it, the links i posted in my OP is the news on it....

But my views are as many of the population, totally against this type of thing happening..

i think mindless drones, that do as told by government are the only ones agreeing with this :o
  • Options
    Tim_WilkesTim_Wilkes Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    They can read our emails if they wish. Why the outcry over this?
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    this is just PATHETIC now, blatently going after web based services for BARELY ANYTHING!!!

may can't come ******* quick enough >:(

Unfortunately Labour are just as for this as Cameron. Our whole political class are a generation totally swivel eyed about the internet. They actually know nothing beyond amazon, facebook and twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    The tories can stoop low cant they? They were only on question time thursday saying 'i hope the french have the strength not to create any irresponsible laws on the back of this' and then their leader comes out with this

Yep, Politicians always contradict themselves, it is what makes them politicians...
    i think mindless drones, that do as told by government are the only ones agreeing with this :o

hahaha true