Options

Is life always meant to be boring?

Cold ComfortCold Comfort Posts: 120
Forum Member
I don't believe that everybody is "good" at something and if you aren't it'll be a low wage income for the rest of your life in a job your not amazed by. One you will end up unemployed or told to be grateful you have a job.

Never being able to afford a house or decent car and not ever having any proper savings seems a drag.

I thought adult life would be more fun.

I won't lie, I am very envious of celebrities that can at least give themselves a chance in life.

Comments

• Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life is what you make of it :cool:
  • Options
    edward_mckenzieedward_mckenzie Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    I don't believe that everybody is "good" at something and if you aren't it'll be a low wage income for the rest of your life in a job your not amazed by. One you will end up unemployed or told to be grateful you have a job.

Never being able to afford a house or decent car and not ever having any proper savings seems a drag.

I won't lie, I am very envious of celebrities that can at least give themselves a chance in life.

self pity is not attractive. Sad news is you just got to try and work harder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Life is what you make of it :cool:

Care to explain. Never believed that clap trap. It is like when people say don't moan, others have it worse. It is very true but it doesn't help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    self pity is not attractive. Sad news is you just got to try and work harder.

Again, it is how I feel and I DO work hard.
  • Options
    JaggySplintersJaggySplinters Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Boredom is for the boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life is not divided into celebrities and hopeless cases. You don't have to be 'good at' something, just find something that you are happy to do. It can be something really ordinary as long as it suits you. I have a very ordinary job, but I like the people and I like the feeling of having done something at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't let yourself get bored. Exist to question; question your existence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Care to explain. Never believed that clap trap. It is like when people say don't moan, others have it worse. It is very true but it doesn't help.

I'm not saying others have it worse. And it's not really clap trap. It's just about appreciating what you do have instead of focusing and dwelling on what you don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You make your own luck.

I did.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    My life is boring, I'm disabled though and almost housebound, if you're able bodied get out there and enjoy it, you don't know how lucky you are

I do agree though I don't think everyone's good at something, I'm good at nothing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You definitely need money to do a lot of things that will help to make you happy.

These so called celebrities have in many cases far too much money, more than they could ever spend.

I know without any doubt that I would be happier if I had more money. I wish they would increase the minimum wage substantially, there is money out there but they need to change the balance. I'm sure unemployment would go down as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying others have it worse. And it's not really clap trap. It's just about appreciating what you do have instead of focusing and dwelling on what you don't.

I am sorry I did not mean to be rude.
    My life is boring, I'm disabled though and almost housebound, if you're able bodied get out there and enjoy it, you don't know how lucky you are

I do agree though I don't think everyone's good at something, I'm good at nothing

Neither am I.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to be good at things in order to enjoy life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    You definitely need money to do a lot of things that will help to make you happy.

These so called celebrities have in many cases far too much money, more than they could ever spend.

I know without any doubt that I would be happier if I had more money. I wish they would increase the minimum wage substantially, there is money out there but they need to change the balance. I'm sure unemployment would go down as well.

I don't really agree with that. Sure having money would enable you to do more but can it really bring inner peace and contentment?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »

I dont need millions. Just some spending money to get a car and the odd takeaway without worrying.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I don't really agree with that. Sure having money would enable you to do more but can it really bring inner peace and contentment?

Money can make some happier
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop worrying. As long as you're alive, things might get better.
  • Options
    TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont need millions. Just some spending money to get a car and the odd takeaway without worrying.

That sounds really borin.....
  • Options
    ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member

I'd take the peace and contentment of being able to leave a job that I hate because my co-workers piss me about for their own ends, any day of the week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd take the peace and contentment of being able to leave a job that I hate because my co-workers piss me about for their own ends, any day of the week

Money bring choice?
  • Options
    MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe...maybe not. I remember Del Boys reply to Rodney who told him "Money isn't everything", he said "No, but it takes the sting out of being poor!". A sentiment I agree with. I would like to be able to afford my own property and pay bills without worrying. Don't want a massive mansion, a 1-bed flat would do, but at 35 even that is still out of my reach.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more about peace of mind that comes with knowing that if anything should happen you're in a position to deal with it and cushion the blow and make things easier for your loved ones and yourself. That does bring inner peace and contentment, specially if there have been periods in your life when you've lived with serious debt, and managed to get through it and rebuild.
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member

If you're not happy with what you've got, then do something about it. Get yourself a better paid job, go to college/night classes to learn new skills or get better qualifications. You're still young and you have time to change things but only you can do it as unfortunately no-one is just going to hand you a pile of dosh, you've got work for it.

Pick yourself up and make some changes.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just work more hours then. Get a cash in hand job in a chippy or something, do it on a Friday night or whenever suits you and put the money away.

Lying on your arse watching Netflix isn't going to bring in any money or enrich your life so you can probably spare one night a week for additional work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do you seem to think I am lazy. I WORK hard enough and am at College...