Options

Sadie Frost- who is she and what does she do exactly?

lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Every time I read about the overages teenager Kate Moss they always mention Sadie Frost but apparently she was famous.does anyone know why? Someone said she was once married to Jude law but that's not really famous is it? Was she like some Kerry Katona of Michele Keenan?

Comments

• Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Every time I read about the overages teenager Kate Moss they always mention Sadie Frost but apparently she was famous.does anyone know why? Someone said she was once married to Jude law but that's not really famous is it? Was she like some Kerry Katona of Michele Keenan?

Who is she?
    Ex-wife of Jude Law and Gary Kemp from Spandau Ballet.

What does she do?
    Eff all from what I've seen.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in the music video for Common People by Pulp and she played Lucy in Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm not sure if I've seen her in much else. I always thought she took a step back from acting to be with her family.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    She was in the music video for Common People by Pulp and she played Lucy in Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm not sure if I've seen her in much else. I always thought she took a step back from acting to be with her family.

I think she started out modelling for teenage mags like Jackie, she's a bit older than me. I thought she was really pretty but nowadays she looks like she needs a good wash.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last thing I heard from Ms Frost came from this Daily Telegraph article (WARNING: This article may make you reach for the sickbag):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11136128/Sadie-Frost-if-a-drawers-untidy-my-energy-is-wrong.html
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Alongside everything already mentioned, she used to have a lingerie and nightwear range at Debenhams called Frost French. Looks like it's still going but not sure if she's still involved in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Last thing I heard from Ms Frost came from this Daily Telegraph article (WARNING: This article may make you reach for the sickbag):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11136128/Sadie-Frost-if-a-drawers-untidy-my-energy-is-wrong.html

Despite your warning I still read it. Wish I hadn't! Full of contradictions. Lie in to 8am, on the heath before 8am. Such a busy week but still time for the gym, yoga, brisk walks, studying for an MA, meditation, making smoothies, cooking roast dinners etc. Does she have an army of staff to run the house? I would think most working mothers of 4 spend a bit chunk of their weekend playing catch up on all household duties and get a sufficient workout that way. Being a glutton for punishment I checked out the sisters website and can't find a single qualification for her nutritionalist or personal trainer expertise. And Sadies dream weekend? A hotel in the Cotswolds. You'd think Mossy would put her up! And finally a mention of the ubiquitous Grimshaw!!! How nauseating can one article be?
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite your warning I still read it. Wish I hadn't! Full of contradictions. Lie in to 8am, on the heath before 8am. Such a busy week but still time for the gym, yoga, brisk walks, studying for an MA, meditation, making smoothies, cooking roast dinners etc. Does she have an army of staff to run the house? I would think most working mothers of 4 spend a bit chunk of their weekend playing catch up on all household duties and get a sufficient workout that way. Being a glutton for punishment I checked out the sisters website and can't find a single qualification for her nutritionalist or personal trainer expertise. And Sadies dream weekend? A hotel in the Cotswolds. You'd think Mossy would put her up! And finally a mention of the ubiquitous Grimshaw!!! How nauseating can one article be?

I read it too, as you say, utterly nauseating and to cap it all, friends with Nick Grimshaw too. Does she know Gwyneth Paltrow I wonder? They'd either be best buddies or be so alike they'd hate each other. :D
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She ran a production company with Sean Pertwee and Jude Law back in the early 00s. Something Nylon???

Married Gary Kemp, who cruelly made her give up acting(well according to her), then married Jude and he sagged every nanny they had:D

I do remember one of her earlier birthdays, might be 5 years plus. Someone sold the story to the DM, seems the rented a hotel suite(one of the big London ones). It was nonstop drugs and Sadie sagging her young boyfriend in front of everyone.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadie did a few music videos and theatre plays in the late 80s / early 90s and thats about it. She then got lucky by marrying Gary Kemp and having his kid which got her in the spotlight otherwise no one would have a clue who she is and wouldn't have got those film jobs which finished after she married Jude Law.

She's been divorced from Jude since 2003, goodness knows how she's managed to stay in the spotlight for all this time. As she's nothing since then apart from that fashion label, which I highly doubt she designs any of the clothes, she just signs everything off.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's also part of the original "Primrose Hill Set" so was talked about in papers due to her association with Kate Moss.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in a two part episode of Press Gang written by Steven Moffat back in the Stone Age when I was young :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talented or not she was always going to be in the public eye if she chose to. Her father was the psychedelic artist David Vaughn who knew and worked for Princess Margaret and the Beatles to name just a couple. I would imagine it was a privileged and unconventional childhood.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly remember her from a few films she starred in in the 90's/early 00's with Jude Law - Shopping, Final Cut and Love, Honour And Obey. Just an average actress. I also remember meeting both her and Jude Law in 2001 and found them extremely stuck up and full of themselves!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    She ran a production company with Sean Pertwee and Jude Law back in the early 00s. Something Nylon???

Married Gary Kemp, who cruelly made her give up acting(well according to her), then married Jude and he sagged every nanny they had:D

I do remember one of her earlier birthdays, might be 5 years plus. Someone sold the story to the DM, seems the rented a hotel suite(one of the big London ones). It was nonstop drugs and Sadie sagging her young boyfriend in front of everyone.

Sagged/sagging? Is that a posh way of saying the word?

She also appeared in a Spandau Ballet video (it may have been Gold but I can't remember) which was where, presumably, she first met Gary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sagged/sagging? Is that a posh way of saying the word?

She also appeared in a Spandau Ballet video (it may have been Gold but I can't remember) which was where, presumably, she first met Gary.

Bloody H slipped away.:D

Then there was the big scandal of daugher Iris at a birthday party amongst Sadie's friends, being rushed to hospital as she ate an E laying on the floor. Things got very unfriendly between Jude and her after that one.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in a short lived tv show about models ( I think) when she was a lot younger. The only other think I can remember was that Janet McAteer was in it too.

Edited to add, can't stand her smugness, or her ex-OH Jude's either. She has just turned 50 and the papers keep on saying how great she looks. I think she looks raddled and whatever healthy lifestyle she says she follows, is not working. Have a pie and chips love.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Was she also not part of the rumours with the guy from Supergrass and wife swapping?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she also not part of the rumours with the guy from Supergrass and wife swapping?

Yes. Jude was threatening to sue every Sunday paper over that one.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »

Bless her, she sounds demented. Also desperately trying to convince herself she's living a wonderful life, when in reality it sounds a bit dull and lonely. Great to hear she's mates with Grimmy though!!
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Sadie hung around with an exciting group of young girls that would go on to found the famous Primrose Hill Set finishing school for girls . In time the girls would each go off and marry an en vogue musician or actor or artist and live happily ever after . Sadie being Sadie married both and actor and a musician but being a decent gal not at the same time . Once the required child or children were popped out the girls could then concentrate on their own creative juices .As childbirth is a recent phenomenon this began with tons advice to new mums via magazine and media interviews. Over the next decade or so they had much fun trying to be a success in just about every part of the creative arts . Again Sadie outdid her chums on the sheer number of ventures she would try . From acting , singing , songwriting , dancing , fashion designer , fashion writer , film producer , journalist , healthy living guru , gosh I'm breathless just listing them .The list just goes on . It seems the genius of the members of the Primrose set was lost on the general public , philistines that they are and the girls faded from the publics gaze. You will occasionally spot one in the weekend section of the Sunday Times or Telegraph reminiscing about the old times but keen for you buy their new cinnamon infused yogurt foot pack .
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also she says she hates making concrete plans but says her worst habit is over planning!!!!
  • Options
    Jazzy_MintJazzy_Mint Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Sadie was in Dracula with Gary Oldman. She played
    the part of Lucy Westerner.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Sadie hung around with an exciting group of young girls that would go on to found the famous Primrose Hill Set finishing school for girls . In time the girls would each go off and marry an en vogue musician or actor or artist and live happily ever after . Sadie being Sadie married both and actor and a musician but being a decent gal not at the same time . Once the required child or children were popped out the girls could then concentrate on their own creative juices .As childbirth is a recent phenomenon this began with tons advice to new mums via magazine and media interviews. Over the next decade or so they had much fun trying to be a success in just about every part of the creative arts . Again Sadie outdid her chums on the sheer number of ventures she would try . From acting , singing , songwriting , dancing , fashion designer , fashion writer , film producer , journalist , healthy living guru , gosh I'm breathless just listing them .The list just goes on . It seems the genius of the members of the Primrose set was lost on the general public , philistines that they are and the girls faded from the publics gaze. You will occasionally spot one in the weekend section of the Sunday Times or Telegraph reminiscing about the old times but keen for you buy their new cinnamon infused yogurt foot pack .
    I love this post :D
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's friends with 'people'. Not people but 'people'.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also had a small role in the film The Krays with Gary and Martin Kemp.