Options

Hollyoaks down to 430,000

camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Credit to DS Ratings :

Channel 4's 6pm showing of Hollyoaks was seen by 430k (2.9%), while 366k (2.3%) watched the first look showing at 7pm on E4.

A day of soaps kicked off with 203k (3.1%) for Home and Away at 1.15pm on Channel 5. Neighbours followed with 560k (8.8%) at 1.45pm.

The 5.30pm repeat of Neighbours was seen by 655k (5.2%), while Home and Away entertained 495k (3.5%) immediately after.

Another 283k (1.9%) watched 5*'s first look showing of Home and Away at 6pm.

These ratings for Hollyoaks are utterly appalling. It was comfortably beaten by both Home and Away and Neighbours yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Its disastrous even in this warm weather Hollyoaks should be attracting at least a 5% share
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkwood should preferably piss off, but the size of his ego knows no limits.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    DOWN WITH KIRKWOOD!

DOWN WITH THE ROSCOES!

This is sad. It needs a Paul Marquess style complete and utter clean out both on screen & off.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I think when Neighbours and H&A out rate HO on a hot day, then you know it's not the weather, but the show itself. Especially when H&A is not in a good place, generally, meaning that HO must even less appealing to viewers right now. I guess the whole baby kidnap has driven viewers away.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Good, maybe they'll finally do something now.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh most FM's watch it because of how bad it is. The amount of '**** offs' in the episode threads is gradually increasing. :D
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassing, beaten by the Australian imports :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as how it's in the middle of the billionth kidnap plot it's no surprise that viewing figures have gone down the s****er.

The Lovedays, Grace, Trevor, Patrick, Maxine, Porsche and Reenie are about the only watchable parts these days.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised its not even lower.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been appalling for over a year now, I'm glad that is being reflected in the viewing figures.
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as how it's in the middle of the billionth kidnap plot it's no surprise that viewing figures have gone down the s****er.

The Lovedays, Grace, Trevor, Patrick, Maxine, Porsche and Reenie are about the only watchable parts these days.

I coudnt agree more, those characters are the only ones worth watching...that Bryan Birkwood needs sacking for life.
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bryan Birkwood needs to go asap and it should be a pernament too...one example of delusional **** ups was that Trevor came into the show as a ruthless no nonsense gangster with a quirky personality but these days, he gets treated like a joke like remember the cheesy scene where the roscoes team up and scare him ha ha ha.

The old trevor would got his revenge but he is still a great character and i like the fact he has a family man side to him with his scenes with Dylan, Esther, Grace etc.

A few years with the great old days of Brendan Brady, those villain storylines were a lot darker and realistic because it showed the error of Brendan's gangster ways with Walker plotting his revenge on the behalf of his dead brother.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2013/14 get a lot of criticism but in terms of ratings the show was in good shape back then. Now though Hollyoaks is in real trouble; the storylines are appalling and ratings have been in freefall since Christmas. It's hard to believe that the person who oversaw Hollyoaks' most successful era from 2006-2009 has now led the show in to this crisis.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2013/14 get a lot of criticism but in terms of ratings the show was in good shape back then. Now though Hollyoaks is in real trouble; the storylines are appalling and ratings have been in freefall since Christmas. It's hard to believe that the person who oversaw Hollyoaks' most successful era from 2006-2009 has now led the show in to this crisis.

I kinda guessed his second stint would be terrible, especially after his time on Eastenders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^It was a mistake for him to have a second run with HO. That lightning only struck once and after the way he murdered EE, Lime Pictures should've never approached him.
  • Options
    ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The issue with Hollyoaks is that I'll watch it for about three days when a decent storyline comes in (i.e. Phoebe's death recently) then when I switch off for two weeks later it does't particularly bother me and I'll watch it on/off
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I think TV ratings are a load of bull anyway, whatever anyone says.

I still think its some bloke sat in his Barb sponsored basement, thinking "Eastenders has been better recently, I'll say they had 5.5 million viewers on Friday night!"
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    ^It was a mistake for him to have a second run with HO. That lightning only struck once and after the way he murdered EE, Lime Pictures should've never approached him.

Lime Pictures/Channel 4 deserve everything they get frankly.

The show is now on its way out, and they WERE WARNED , not just recently but going back years! 2013.
    But no the channel was happy to plod along simply because the ratings had not dipped significantly enough, and perhaps because an utterly meaningless soap award was won last year.

Kirkwood has absolutely destroyed what was once my favorite soap. How anybody in their rights minds can think some of the characters and storylines we have had over the past couple of years were passable i do not know.
    A woman having a baby with her twin brother and not even realizing it FFS, what kind of moron thinks this is an acceptable storyline to have in a soap without treating the viewers like they are thick as shit.

You can just tell in interviews sometimes hints of embarrassment from some of the actors who have to play out crap like this.

There have been more deaths on the show since Kirkwood came back than there have in the entire history of it being on air beforehand.

The only hope for this crap is doing a movie style reboot back to 2012, or perhaps a 'JR in the shower' moment where ste wakes up and realises everything over the past few years was a dream and that awful lomax family do not exist. and everything has corrected itself.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stopped watching when Theresa found Dodger in the basement at the mansion. Streamed a few random eps recently (Mercedes return week and Phoebes death and aftermath). That'll do me forever. The show is dreadful and I survived Jo Hallows era.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I think this is the end of it. How many kindaps and disasters can they have? CH4 could cut their losses, stick it on E4 and let it die silently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its up on twitter that they're looking for new storyliners and even the twitter fans are admitting the show needs help. https://twitter.com/_hollyoaks_E4/status/614837707223756800
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need rid of BK, bring in Kathleen Beedles to overhaul it and then recruit someone capable once she has it in a stable position (as I can't see her wanting to stick around long term as EP)
  • Options
    FookschplatFookschplat Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only continue to watch now for comedy value, the majority of the storylines are so ridiculous that it is actually funny now. A lot of the actors/actresses are so bad, it's amusing. The comedy hospital amuses me, last time I was in hospital was about 20 years ago, yet the residents seem to be in there three times a week with all manner of weird ailments. Jason has become a police officer in five minutes flat and is working a child kidnapping case, it beggars belief really :o:confused:
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Brookside used to get around 430,000 viewers in its final year?
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yikes! I watch the show still, but it has been in horrendously bad shape. Wouldn't be surprised if the show is cancelled if things don't turn around soon. I wonder if they will end the first look showings soon.