Options

Freeze Out - ITV, starts on 03/08/2015 at 5pm

IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Freeze Out is the UK’s first quiz show on ice. A game of skill and quizzing ability, it sees contestants competing around a giant circular ice table.

Each round has a unifying premise: contestants answer questions to win ‘sliders’ to glide onto the ice table – onto which we project stunning, state-of-the-art graphics to create unique game boards.

In some rounds players must accurately land sliders onto tricky targets. In others they must smash opponent’s sliders out of the way. It’s a fun, friendly, all-embracing game – but one that brings out our players’ competitive streaks.

After four dynamic rounds just one player remains. They’ll take on our tense end game that could see them winning up to ten thousand pounds.

Freeze Out is essentially a brand new sport – combining accessible questions with a table game of skill, precision and power.

Hosted by the ever-affable Mark Durden-Smith, and officiated by former Premiership referee Uriah Rennie.

The latest offering from ITV's recent slate of new shows. Will this one continue the success the likes of "Flock Stars" has had amongst Digital Spy forum members? ;)

(Apologies if a thread for this already exists)

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG is this for real? Slide on. Slide off more like. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uriah Rennie reading out the scores reminds me of when Harry Hill used to say "chippy chips" on TV Burp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xYW1meGBcg
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lasted 5 minutes, time to slide off somewhere else, this is the pits.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Yup. Time to slide off too.
    Don't think I can take any more., and its only 8 mins past 5.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intensely irritating.
    Have to be Pointless repeats
  • Options
    squirtlesquirtle Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ice Judge is funny :D
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think head of ITV daytime has lost the plot :o
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Knew it was a rubbish idea before it began, same mind numbing questions, mark is wooden as a presenter, need someone like Brian Conley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting an air hockey tournament, either on a normal sized table or some "It's A Knockout" style gigantic course. This is more akin to curling.
  • Options
    OrionpamOrionpam Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Absolutely boring. Off to watch pointless re-runs or watch the traffic lights change colour......:blush:
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On The Chase thread last week when somebody mentioned this,I predicted it would be Alan Partridge stuff,another ITV quiz show in the tradition of Take On The Twisters and Ejector Seat.

Having seen ten minutes of it I've seen nothing that would make me alter that view.

ITV quiz shows are now getting to the stage where they are so bad they are becoming beyond parody. You can honestly imagine Alan Partridge pitching something like this to the BBC:

"Look what about this? Freeze Out? General knowledge quiz,but we get them to push sliders about on a board made of ice. And we'll get a celebrity referee. Dress him up in a stripey shirt or something."
    "Why do they slide things about on a board?"
    "They just do. Never been done before."
    "I wonder why. I don't think so,Alan."
    "Monkey tennis?"
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,800
    Forum Member
    Bring back Frosty Knickers, this is terrible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no worse than Tipping Point, to be fair.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's no worse than Tipping Point, to be fair.

Really? I like Tipping Point but this is really boring.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On The Chase thread last week when somebody mentioned this,I predicted it would be Alan Partridge stuff,another ITV quiz show in the tradition of Take On The Twisters and Ejector Seat.

Having seen ten minutes of it I've seen nothing that would make me alter that view.

ITV quiz shows are now getting to the stage where they are so bad they are becoming beyond parody. You can honestly imagine Alan Partridge pitching something like this to the BBC:

"Look what about this? Freeze Out? General knowledge quiz,but we get them to push sliders about on a board made of ice. And we'll get a celebrity referee. Dress him up in a stripey shirt or something."
    "Why do they slide things about on a board?"
    "They just do. Never been done before."
    "I wonder why. I don't think so,Alan."
    "Monkey tennis?"

I didn't mind Take On The Twisters to be fair. It just needed a better presenter than Julia Bradbury and a more stylish, less childish looking set-design.

But, yes, this is another dire effort that comes across more like a parody than a genuine game show. :D

Wish they'd bring back Golden Balls or Divided. Of all the comical efforts at quiz shows ITV have made in recent years those two were the best alongside The Chase.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Durden-Smith is gorgeous but this is just weird. As another poster has said, it's no worse than Tipping Point. I'd lose the ice judge though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I like Tipping Point but this is really boring.

I think the problem with both shows is that the rounds feel like they go on forever. The Chase is just as repetitive but it feels more snappy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A chance of winning ten thousand, in other words, no chance!!, TeX was on tipping point I remember
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is.... terrible
  • Options
    TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it less than 1 minute.

Bring back The Chase
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How awful was she in the final?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a Swizz, she should have had three chance hit the center and if not go away with the money she won , what a load of cobblers, won't be watching again, it's impossible!
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst possible endgame to any quiz show I have come across :o
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance winning big on this show and a what a surprise no money won.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it. What a huge pile of absolute CACK that programme really was! Never watching another episode.

BRING BACK THE CHASE!! >:(