Options

Three increases price of All In One 15 to £20

Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
Forum Member
So a 33% increase to a very popular product on August the 19th....obviously compared to other UK networks, this still represents great value for money.

What do you think?

Will you like me be queueing up loads of 15 AIO to cover you for the next 12 months?

Comments

• Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    So a 33% increase to a very popular product on August the 19th....obviously compared to other UK networks, this still represents great value for money.

What do you think?

Will you like me be queueing up loads of 15 AIO to cover you for the next 12 months?

Sorry, what plan is this? 1 or 12 month?

I'm on the 1 month ultd data and 200mins for £12.90 and was toying with the idea of changing to the 12 month sim for £17 while it was still at that price.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnathome wrote: »
    Sorry, what plan is this? 1 or 12 month?

I'm on the 1 month ultd data and 200mins for £12.90 and was toying with the idea of changing to the 12 month sim for £17 while it was still at that price.

It's the pay as you go sim only plan all in one for £15 3000 texts, 300 minutes and all you can eat data http://store.three.co.uk/view/searchSimOnly?tariff=112

300 minutes isn't a lot but I suppose it is good value. A 33% increase is a big jump though.
  • Options
    Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Three should of given a reason behind the higher tariff like ... Adding a few more minutes to the bundle except (300 minutes) it seems not very much for a £20 top-up even if it does include unlimited data. As it stands three have just done a price rise with absolutely no benefit.

I think Three really needs to re-evaluate the tariffs as they seem to be all 'Messed up' at the moment.
  • Options
    ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's to pay for coverage of harl (as they say on Look North).
  • Options
    carcasscarcass Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Steve™ wrote: »

What do you think?

Link?
    How many top ups can you queue?
  • Options
    Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do I think? I think that all networks are greedy b'stards who are taking the piss.
    Very little for already massive amounts that they are ever increasing. A bit like Sky TV.

And putting up prices is "Making it better" is it?

And so many place are still waiting for 4G it's laudable. Charge more and give less. Some will be getting 4G when others are stating to roll out 5G at this rate.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seriously looking at the BT Mobile 2g £17 plan, as its got 1gb extra free, £50 off a new phone, £20 Amazon voucher and you can get cash back.

Throw in BT sport 1 for free and for £17 that doesn't seem a bad deal given EE are meant to have this amazing network.
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,606
    Forum Member
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to add an all in one £15 online last night and it wasn't avaiable as an option. I had to do it by phoning 444. I won't be stopping with Three long term now as I don't really need any more than about 4gb of data a month. I will look at BT when (hopefully soon) I can switch to BT Infinity when they upgrade my cab or EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For bt broadband customers its a cracking deal and you would be foolish not to take it. However I don't think at £17 its that bad for the 3gb of data and some of the other perks that come with it.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do I think? I think that all networks are greedy b'stards who are taking the piss.
    Very little for already massive amounts that they are ever increasing. A bit like Sky TV.

And putting up prices is "Making it better" is it?

And so many place are still waiting for 4G it's laudable. Charge more and give less. Some will be getting 4G when others are stating to roll out 5G at this rate.

The same could be said for all big companies. All big companies are trying to maximize profits and take advantage of supply and demand.

If you were Three though would you keep the addon price at £15 even though EE charge ridiculous prices for data. On EE you only get 2GB data with 2000 mins for £19.99/month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    If you were Three though would you keep the addon price at £15 even though EE charge ridiculous prices for data. On EE you only get 2GB data with 2000 mins for £19.99/month.

2GB pack is £15 on EE.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/pay-as-you-go/about-packs?WT.mc_id=ON_MEC_S_google_sitelinks&WT.srch=1
  • Options
    Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same could be said for all big companies. All big companies are trying to maximize profits and take advantage of supply and demand.

Yes I would as it keeps and attracts customers. Already on this thread we had posters stating that they will start looking elsewhere and so what is best for my company; get £15 a month off them or get sod all as my money-grabbing has lost them to my rivals?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I would as it keeps and attracts customers. Already on this thread we had posters stating that they will start looking elsewhere and so what is best for my company; get £15 a month off them or get sod all as my money-grabbing has lost them to my rivals?

People will be disappointed if they look elsewhere.

Unlimited data on giffgaff costs £20 but they apparently have a fair usage policy so it isn't even really unlimited.

ID mobile has unlimited data for £20/month but that is on a 30 day contract, not PAYG.

EE, o2 and Vodafone don't do unlimited data.
  • Options
    Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlimited data on giffgaff costs £20 but they apparently have a fair usage policy so it isn't even really unlimited.

ID mobile has unlimited data for £20/month but that is on a 30 day contract, not PAYG.

Vodafone don't do unlimited data.

Reports of Giffgaff members been refused to purchase another goodybag if they continue to use higher than 11GB+ usage...

ID Mobile doesn't do unlimited data anymore it was a welcome deal the highest they do is 10GB (20GB - Data only).

Vodafone offer unlimited 4G data on 12-24 month contracts for the first 3 months.
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giff gaffs 4 gig for £15 is starting to look good value, especially when you consider it comes with 1000 minutes. ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »

It is far better to get the EE Osprey 2 mini mifi device and get 15 gig for £15 like I did last week. EE will price match this deal if you phone direct http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/products/ee_mobile_broadband/

Three do £15 for 15 gig too but I don't think they give you a free mifi device whereas EE does. EE mifi is good too but I have left to join EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swb1964 wrote: »
    Giff gaffs 4 gig for £15 is starting to look good value, especially when you consider it comes with 1000 minutes. ..

4g of nothing isn't that impressive remember. Problem with gg is its either broken and you have no network coverage or your down to 2g as the o2 and Tesco customers get the best coverage.
  • Options
    B_W2B_W2 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    When is this active from? Any official documents/notices to confirm this?

£20 for AYCE data is still good, and I think at that price point, they won't lose money, probably make a profit and still offering good value for what it is... Anyone care to disagree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is far better to get the EE Osprey 2 mini mifi device and get 15 gig for £15 like I did last week. EE will price match this deal if you phone direct http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/products/ee_mobile_broadband/

Three do £15 for 15 gig too but I don't think they give you a free mifi device whereas EE does. EE mifi is good too but I have left to join EE.

Where does it say Three do £15 for 15 gig? On Three's website, it says 15 gig is £19.99 /month on a 24 month contract.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does it say Three do £15 for 15 gig? On Three's website, it says 15 gig is £19.99 /month on a 24 month contract.

Phone them direct and ask they will do it. Point out the EE deal and they will price match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone them direct and ask they will do it. Point out the EE deal and they will price match.

Do Three only price match for new customers or also for current customers? Im currently on the Three 10gb Sim Only plan.

edit:

In this thread, it says Three don't price match.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=76714197
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    No they don't price match.

You can try haggling or threatening to leave.

Don't expect to get anything though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was paying £12 for 5gb on three. I told them I was leaving to go to EE because they were giving me 15gb for £15 and they offered me the same deal but without a MiFi device. I decided I want to still go to EE but the offer is still open in my account till my notice period ends. So they do price match you just have to ask and see what they say. I am telling the absolute truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's nice. No idea what it has to do with my post though :confused:...
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    I was trying to add an all in one £15 online last night and it wasn't avaiable as an option..

Thanks dude, used 444 to get one. Presume PAYG all-in-one £15 is going...going..(nearly) gone?

Massive shame that, I am probably averaging 1GB a month but not caring about what I was using was a massive plus. Probably use 200 text, 10 minutes a month max,

So it looks like looking around again to going to £20 a month SIM only. Suppose the writing was on the wall :(