Options

Facebook photos of pregnant women taken and put on fetish sites

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Pregnancy support groups have sounded the alarm after a creep infiltrated their online communities, solicited photos of pregnant bellies of twins and triplets and posted them to 'preggophilia' fetish websites.

The Australian Multiple Birth Association (AMBA) and affiliates in Canada and New Zealand issued a warning after a discovering bogus profiles posing as mothers in local Facebook groups.

A mysterious individual known as 'Afina' posted pictures of heavily pregnant women and asked others to share pictures of their sizeable bumps, the association said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3197356/Mothers-warned-Facebook-creep-stealing-pictures-women-pregnant-twins-triplets-posting-PREGGOPHILIA-fetish-websites.html#ixzz3ikmNHWd7

I didn't even know this was a fetish but it is deeply disturbing. I don't know if women should put pics of their bump exposed on Facebook anyway but maybe some of you disagree and I respect your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Pregnancy support groups have sounded the alarm after a creep infiltrated their online communities, solicited photos of pregnant bellies of twins and triplets and posted them to 'preggophilia' fetish websites.

The Australian Multiple Birth Association (AMBA) and affiliates in Canada and New Zealand issued a warning after a discovering bogus profiles posing as mothers in local Facebook groups.

A mysterious individual known as 'Afina' posted pictures of heavily pregnant women and asked others to share pictures of their sizeable bumps, the association said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3197356/Mothers-warned-Facebook-creep-stealing-pictures-women-pregnant-twins-triplets-posting-PREGGOPHILIA-fetish-websites.html#ixzz3ikmNHWd7

I didn't even know this was a fetish but it is deeply disturbing. I don't know if women should put pics of their bump exposed on Facebook anyway but maybe some of you disagree and I respect your opinions.

And what did they think was going to happen to the pics?? There's a fetish for pretty much everything and of course people steal pics to feed their own particular fetish. Where do you think all those pictures people post of pets, children, end up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid woman posting them, why?
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Why post pictures like that in the first place? If you post pictures on a public site, then you can't control what happens to them. The first picture looks bizarre.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Why post pictures like that in the first place? If you post pictures on a public site, then you can't control what happens to them. The first picture looks bizarre.

I know I find it baffling is nothing private nowadays.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for a woman's right to post naked pics of their pregnant bodies on the internet if they so wish (Demi Moore's got a lot to answer for). After all, pregnancy isn't a private thing in itself - in 99% of cases, it's very public - but when they do it just because a stranger asks them to ?! :o I know you're very proud, ladies, and rightly so, but come on. Your common sense shouldn't just fly out the window.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    If you put it out there then.....
  • Options
    Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but not when they are posted on a public website.

This is one of the risks of posting images online, you have no control over how they are used.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but not when they are posted on a public website.

This is one of the risks of posting images online, you have no control over how they are used.

There is a difficulty also when Facebook persuade you that you do have some control, that privacy settings (if set correctly) actually work ... do they?
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're posting photos in groups on Facebook then you can't really complain if those photos end up elsewhere on the net.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A classic case of rule 34.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm in closed groups on Facebook. Just because they're 'closed' it doesn't mean they're private as such. It just means you have to be a member to be able to see what is posted in the group. And other members could be literally anyone.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    There is a difficulty also when Facebook persuade you that you do have some control, that privacy settings (if set correctly) actually work ... do they?

Theres a lot more to it than that, once a pictures been viewed a copy is kept in the cache to speed up browsing, now person x who's a legit member of the group could of viewed the pages and then someone else with access to the machine could easily trawl through the cache and offload them for their own dirty ends and thats before we get into ISP techies and invisible proxy servers or even just people who don't think and repost virtually everything they see
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member

People have fetishes of everything - hands, feet, legs, arms, ears, necks, breasts, bellies, pregnant bellies, beards, noses, tattoos, eyes, hair, deformities, extra fingers etc. Anyone that posts a photo in the public domain should be aware that someone, somewhere could find it and get off on it.

If they hide pregnancy photos, they may as well hide all photos.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,207
    Forum Member
    I can't of anything more unsexy than a pregnant woman. All that farting and eating and leaking - ewww, no thanks:(
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    More fool them for putting them up in the first place.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I can't of anything more unsexy than a pregnant woman. All that farting and eating and leaking - ewww, no thanks:(

Is it men you're into?

http://files.fbstatic.com/PostImages/0/0/c3de1a5a-fd82-4952-a7b2-ef813d94996a.jpg
  • Options
    Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do sad people live their whole lives on and through Facebook?
    I mean it's OK for some light social contact but some think you must document their whole lives on it and think it will be around millions of years after their death.

These people are seriously lacking something in their lives as well as more than a few brain cells.
  • Options
    RepublicOfYorksRepublicOfYorks Posts: 3,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More fool them for putting them up in the first place.

Exactly, yet more reason to avoid Facebook. There isn't a single photo of me online. I know a photo of my bald patch and man boobs would just drive people wild to the point of possible hysteria, so I just keep myself out of the public eye. :cool:
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Ban all native Americans, sailors, police officers, construction workers, cowboys, leathemen, and ban them now!

They all encourage fetishism.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the consensus of this one - you reap what you sow when it comes to sharing too much info on social media.

The amount people share on Facebook these days is baffling.
    I have a 'friend' on mine whose monthly cycle I know all about as she feels the need to broadcast it every month. I also know that last Sunday night she had terrible diarrhoea.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first started working, one of my managers had a thing for pregnant women....
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a pretty weird fetish. If you can imagine it, there is probably a fetish website out there catering for it.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a bit ridiculous that women are being blamed for not anticipating such a random fetish.
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be made up, and be shouting it from the rooftops if I found women were using my photo for sexual kicks on the internet.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when a woman is pregnant she wants the whole world to know about it
    big deal you're having a baby, a lot of women have babies and have done for thousands of years it's nothing special.