Options

Doctor Foster I Wednesday BBC One @ 9pm I 9/9-7/10

dulliredullire Posts: 20,249
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BBC One’s new five-part Suranne Jones (Scott & Bailey) fronted drama series Doctor Foster will premiere on Wednesday September 9th at 9pm, it has been announced.

Doctor Foster follows the eponymous doctor (Jones) whom is a trusted GP, the heart of her village and a woman people can trust. But Doctor Foster’s life is about to explode. When she suspects her husband has been having an affair, Doctor Foster is determined to find out the truth. But when she looks into matters the secrets she uncovers propel her, her family, and even some of her patients, into chaos.

The five-parter, which was originally commissioned back in 2014, was created by The Town scribe Mike Bartlett and is set up at The Honourable Woman indie Drama Republic. In addition to Suranne Jones, the cast also includes Bertie Carvel (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell), Robert Pugh (The Thirteenth Tale), Adam James (Gunpowder 5/11: The Greatest Terror Plot) and Jodie Comer (My Mad Fat Diary).

“Mike’s scripts manage to feel incredibly rich and human at the same time as keeping a vice like grip on the reader”, said Matthew Read, who serves as an executive producer alongside Roanna Benn, Greg Brenman and Jude Liknaitzky. “Its’ a testament to the strength of his writing that Drama Republic have been able to attract such strong talent both in front and behind the camera.”
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/08/bbc-one-sets-premiere-date-for-doctor-foster/

Trailer

The CustardTV ‏@LukeCustardtv Aug 21
Doctor Foster coming soon to BBC One is really worth your time. Surrane Jones is fantastic and it's incredibly intruding.

I'm looking forward to this one and it will have a big lead in from the Great British Bake-Off.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One week to go.
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i Just hope she doesn't go to Gloucester in a shower of rain :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    i Just hope she doesn't go to Gloucester in a shower of rain :o

Haha. :D
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this. Suranne Jones is always terrific and this looks like a good drama. Plus, it's got a very good cast.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have black bars at the top and bottom of my screen on my non-HD Freeview telly while watching this. Slightly annoying.
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Bertie Cavel. The original musical Miss Trunchbull in Matilda. Good to see him on tv. Suranne as captivating an actress as ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If she can get paranoid over one blond(e) hair on her husband's scarf, we all might as well pack up & go home.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    God this is really dragging.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she can get paranoid over one blond(e) hair on her husband's scarf, we all might as well pack up & go home.

Ludicrous. One blonde hair?

Surname Jones is far too thin , she is losing her looks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

Terrible script. The woman is behaving like a hysterical lunatic. Anyone know of Scott and Bailey is coming back?
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible script. The woman is behaving like a hysterical lunatic. Anyone know of Scott and Bailey is coming back?

ITV has commissioned a new three part series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prevailing theory about the truth on Twitter seems to be
    that he's a crossdresser
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

Yes.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-commissions-new-episodes-scott-bailey
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,180
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »

It is a bit, how can they spin it out for 5 episode's:( ! Don't know if I'll last that long.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prevailing theory about the truth on Twitter seems to be
    that he's a crossdresser
    Haha, I guessed he might be one too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else think this pants? Glad she's not my doctor
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    It is a bit, how can they spin it out for 5 episode's:( ! Don't know if I'll last that long.

Me neither. I think I'll watch the last one.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bloody hell this is dull as shit
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Has Suranne had a boob reduction or does she hide them well - sure she used to be bigger!

I have to say I'm only watching because of her - so far I'm bored
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think this pants? Glad she's not my doctor

I'm reluctant to be too judgmental considering we're only halfway through Episode 1 out 5. However, it does feel very much style over substance, with the aspect ratio (aka "black bars"), background music and now poetry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reluctant to be too judgmental considering we're only halfway through Episode 1 out 5. However, it does feel very much style over substance, with the aspect ratio (aka "black bars"), background music and now poetry.

Now she's bribing a patient with drugs?
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    37?! :o
  • Options
    diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bit slow 1 hair and she is a crazy women
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The black patient will become romantically attracted to Doctor Foster and either try and kill her or they end up having an affair themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk about over-acting