Options

Masterchef Australia Season 7 (UK Pace)

BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
Forum Member
✭✭
I daren't update the current thread as it may contain spoilers but MCA S7 starts on Watch on Mon 28th September at 7:30PM. It looks as though at least early doors that MCA will start at 7:30 or 8PM daily instead of the usual 7PM or 6:30PM slot that we are used to.

There will be three daily repeats. 1:30AM, 8AM and 1PM (slightly adjusted if it is a half hour, hour or half and a half long show.

Only a fortnight until Matt, Gary and George are back. I know I'm looking forward to it mightily. Hope to see the regulars and any newbies when the time comes :)

Comments

• Options
    MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait. :) Thanks Blokee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Thanks Blokee, I've been waiting for this news for sooooooo long! I live most of the Masterchef shows but the Aussie version is by far the best!
  • Options
    coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thanks for that! I was searching the TV Guide yesterday to see when it would start.

I can't wait, Masterchef Oz is my absolute favourite. So excited :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I googled who was the winner as soon as I saw it was returning. It wont spoil my enjoyment
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I accidentally saw who won because I couldn't bear to unfollow Callum on Twitter, and he tweeted congrats to the winner a while back. I've forgotten the name now, but I'll recognise it when I see it, I'm sure. I unfollowed all the other Masterchef Oz people because of spoilers, but Callum mostly posts pictures of vegetables, so I thought I was safe!
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the one advantage you have knowing the winner is being able to follow that contestant's progress closely from the start, which those of us who saw it on its premiere run obviously couldn't do. Every year when it ends I want to go back to the auditions and early episodes to see how the winner started out, because it's too long ago to remember.

It was another very good series this year. It's well and truly back following the season 5 stumble.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like a nerd, I'm watching an episode a night on youtube, starting on Monday when it starts on Watch. I'm so excited.

I know, I know....

I know who wins this year, Julie Goodwin congratulated the winner and I'd forgotten to mute the hashtag. It has never spoiled my enjoyment in the past though!
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see this back on.

I never really get the audition round shows, why do they spend so long on some folk where they practically get their life history and then rattle through other folk (who also get through?). Bit too touchy-feely as well.

Get to the cooking! :p
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, they're good cooks this year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    I never really get the audition round shows, why do they spend so long on some folk where they practically get their life history and then rattle through other folk (who also get through?). Bit too touchy-feely as well.

At least this year you are spared an entire episode of contestant profiles with no cooking at all. There was one such episode last year.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Good to see this back on.

too touchy-feely was exactly the comment i was going to make , having the familys there and all the tears and stuff almost ruins the show for me , i just want to see them cook

loving that the show is back , already worried that there are a few that are going to really annoy me, but cant wait to see the rest of it

the "mad scientist" guy is going to definitely really annoy me
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Rats my Sky Plus picked it up but it then clashed with Great British Menu which thankfully I watched back last night so had to find the +1 to set to series record. Will have to watch it back tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of these auditions, especially with the families being there. Hopefully they won't spend too many episodes on this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite Top 50 was S3 when they had a week-long 'boot camp' but I am glad they still have a Top 50 in some form. That year when they went straight to a top 22 as it was that year was terrible.

I zoned out for the first few minutes so I didn't see any of the previews (as I hate any type of spoiler) although I heard some of the guest chefs who'll show up (all those you'd expect)

No-one has stood out as someone I want to root for so far although that 20 year-old's dessert looked amazing. Some of the cooking did look great but no personality has shone through as yet. The mad professor sounds like he might be a bit of a Jonno from S2 but I liked Jonno a lot so this guy will need to win me over.

Just good to have the gang back together. It is like a comforting autumn/early winter jacket.
  • Options
    coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first guy who got the apron, the dentist, looks like a contender to me, and the 20 year old but he'll have to be good at savoury too. Has anyone who is only good at desserts but mediocre at savoury lasted the distance in previous seasons?
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up with the first one. What was the idea of showing us who gets through in the introductory sequence when the first programme is all about who gets through?

High standard again this year, thank goodness. I'm still scarred by Series 5.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    At least this year you are spared an entire episode of contestant profiles with no cooking at all. There was one such episode last year.

Very true!

Tonight was better, much more about the cooking. Though the amount of attention they lavished on Rose it was hardly surprising she got the last apron.

Dodged a bullet on Supicha I think, the "quirky basket case" alarm was ringing loudly every time she was on screen.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true!

Tonight was better, much more about the cooking. Though the amount of attention they lavished on Rose it was hardly surprising she got the last apron.

Dodged a bullet on Supicha I think, the "quirky basket case" alarm was ringing loudly every time she was on screen.

Totally agree! The double whisking was freaking me out, and not in a good way - must have worried the apron-wearers too, the ones who noticed she hadn't done her chocolate caramel sauce didn't rush to tell her ;)

I can't handle designer guy, he makes my skin crawl already - all style and no substance I reckon

I might try reducing some coconut cream, cos I'm good at burning stuff ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember the wave of relief when she didn't get through. Manic and hyper-active and wouldn't shut up. She would have driven me batty.

BTW, Shannon Bennett's restaurant Vue de Monde has just lost its 3rd "hat" in the latest ratings. There is only one Melbourne restaurant left with 3 hats (Attica). I don't know how they are rated, but there is certainly a lot of prestige having 3 hats (similar to having 3 Michelin stars elsewhere), so that will take the gloss off him a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    I remember the wave of relief when she didn't get through. Manic and hyper-active and wouldn't shut up. She would have driven me batty.

BTW, Shannon Bennett's restaurant Vue de Monde has just lost its 3rd "hat" in the latest ratings. There is only one Melbourne restaurant left with 3 hats (Attica). I don't know how they are rated, but there is certainly a lot of prestige having 3 hats (similar to having 3 Michelin stars elsewhere), so that will take the gloss off him a bit.

couldn't agree more, she was just too hyper and i think the mad scientist guy is gonna annoy me enough without her being there too

standard looks pretty good this year , just hope they calm down all the sob stories, faux drama and tears
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I only realised this was on on Monday as I was flicking through channels! Very happy to see it back, but, boy, they are really pushing those tedious sob stories already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    I only realised this was on on Monday as I was flicking through channels! Very happy to see it back, but, boy, they are really pushing those tedious sob stories already.

yeah , the show should really be sponsored by kleenex
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with all the Supicha comments. I cheered when she forgot her sauce. Although I booed when Rose got through, she's going to bug me a lot.

The butcher though who decided to ramp up his tempering of his chocolate to 90 degrees instead of 50 to 'get it done quicker' just blew my mind. How can anyone think that this was a good idea, let alone a good idea in the Masterchef kitchen? 'Oh I've got a recipe from a three hat (now two hat) chef, I'll completely change it, I'm sure it is just a suggested way of cooking and I can get the same result by doing it completely differently' - Madness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Just catching up with the first one. What was the idea of showing us who gets through in the introductory sequence when the first programme is all about who gets through?.

That is exactly why I looked away from the screen for the first few minutes. I hated that but quickly noticed what was going on so managed to avoid it all.

Lots of shows do it - for example The Apprentice does it in the intro of every episode, so you can see who is still in for certain tasks and who have moved teams etc. - really bugs me.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Blokee wrote: »
    Agree with all the Supicha comments. I cheered when she forgot her sauce. Although I booed when Rose got through, she's going to bug me a lot.

The butcher though who decided to ramp up his tempering of his chocolate to 90 degrees instead of 50 to 'get it done quicker' just blew my mind. How can anyone think that this was a good idea, let alone a good idea in the Masterchef kitchen? 'Oh I've got a recipe from a three hat (now two hat) chef, I'll completely change it, I'm sure it is just a suggested way of cooking and I can get the same result by doing it completely differently' - Madness.

That was remarkably stupid! I've never tempered chocolate but know enough about the process to understand that it's all about the temperatures, and I'm just a home cook with no culinary ambition. He should really have known that was a terrible idea.

I agree about Rose too. She's already getting on my nerves. I suspect she's going to be a drama queen - getting into a flap and turning on the water works all the time!