Options

Strictly Come Dancing - Our Way (Series 13)

IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello again.

Strictly will be back in full swing again on Friday night, so I thought it was time to get the thread up for this series of Our Way! Last series saw Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton claim the virtual trophy, while the series before saw Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev claim their own victory, so this series does sort-of purpose. ;-) Oh, and we also have a tendency to see contestants who are positively dragged through the series by the Strictly judges booted out on here.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, it's basically a comparison series that runs alongside Strictly with our forum members judging, voting and bottom two-ing. The judges will rotate on a weekly basis, with (hopefully) FMs signing up to do as many or as few rounds as they want. Up until the final, judging positions are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis and I will occasionally judge myself.

If you'd like to judge this weekend's performances, PM me or sign up below. :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [HIGHLIGHT]And I'd just like to put one thing out there...

I want you to mark based on the dancing. I know there are/will be some you like, some you dislike for whatever reason, but I don't want this series used as a platform to air that opinion after two series that have worked reasonably fairly.[/HIGhLIGHT]
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,918
    Forum Member
    I'll happily judge - I think my treatment of Sunetra last year shows I can be trusted with Katie. :p
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to judge. :) And unlike Decisions, I will judge on the dancing since we actually physically see the dancing. :D
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to judge please. :)
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to judge as soon as possible. :) I'm quite good a judging people.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me, me, pick me please! :D
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Hello, I would like to judge at some point if possible please! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Me, me, pick me please! :D

Nick pipped you to the post, but would you like to judge the second weekend? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 25th/Saturday 26th September
    Andrew (dennisboy)
    Nick (winter99)
    Queenie (dancing.queen)
    Ross (Monsieur23)

October 3rd
    Callum (doctorwhofancal)
    Danny (Damahepa)
    East (StrictlyEastend)
    Jamie (DingDong08)

Thanks very much all. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Friday 25th/Saturday 26th September
    Andrew (dennisboy)
    Nick (winter99)
    Queenie (dancing.queen)
    Ross (Monsieur23)

October 3rd
    Callum (doctorwhofancal)
    Danny (Damahepa)
    East (StrictlyEastend)
    Jamie (DingDong08)

Thanks very much all. :D

Thank you very much Izzie! :D.

Wanted to do it last year but didn't know that I'd be allowed so I stayed silent. ;-)

I will be judging this based on the dancing. Of course my opinion on how the couples have done, may differ to others. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello again.

Strictly will be back in full swing again on Friday night, so I thought it was time to get the thread up for this series of Our Way! Last series saw Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton claim the virtual trophy, while the series before saw Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev claim their own victory, so this series does sort-of purpose. ;-) Oh, and we also have a tendency to see contestants who are positively dragged through the series by the Strictly judges booted out on here.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, it's basically a comparison series that runs alongside Strictly with our forum members judging, voting and bottom two-ing. The judges will rotate on a weekly basis, with (hopefully) FMs signing up to do as many or as few rounds as they want. Up until the final, judging positions are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis and I will occasionally judge myself.

If you'd like to judge this weekend's performances, PM me or sign up below. :)

Would forum members have to state each time they might want to judge? Eg. I did week 2, if it isn't too busy, could I do another one at some point. Also, is the final judges picked at random?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much Izzie! :D.

Wanted to do it last year but didn't know that I'd be allowed so I stayed silent. ;-)

I will be judging this based on the dancing. Of course my opinion on how the couples have done, may differ to others. :p

I could have sworn you'd judged last series! Anybody's allowed to sign up to judge, so I'm glad you've signed up this time. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [HIGHLIGHT]And I'd just like to put one thing out there...

I want you to mark based on the dancing. I know there are/will be some you like, some you dislike for whatever reason, but I don't want this series used as a platform to air that opinion after two series that have worked reasonably fairly.[/HIGhLIGHT]

Don't worry, I don't like bias either. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would forum members have to state each time they might want to judge? Eg. I did week 2, if it isn't too busy, could I do another one at some point. Also, is the final judges picked at random?

You can sign up for as many rounds as you want to. However, given there has been a fair amount of interest already I might have to put some limits in place to make sure everybody gets a turn. :)

The final is done by random draw after the semi final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could have sworn you'd judged last series! Anybody's allowed to sign up to judge, so I'm glad you've signed up this time. :D

I must say, I can't recall judging last series but thank you. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can sign up for as many rounds as you want to. However, given there has been a fair amount of interest already I might have to put some limits in place to make sure everybody gets a turn. :)

The final is done by random draw after the semi final.

Yep, jolly good. I would only want to judge 3 times Max so, that's fine. This is a popular game and I love it! :D
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick pipped you to the post, but would you like to judge the second weekend? :)

Naturally! :p thanks :)
  • Options
    SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I would like to be a judge too! :)
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silarmy wrote: »

With your accounts you could almost fill the whole judging panel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

10th October?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    10th October?

Is it at normal Strictly time (7pm ish)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it at normal Strictly time (7pm ish)?

I don't think the schedules for that weekend are out yet, but I'd assume so.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,110
    Forum Member
    I'll judge at some point, can't do the 17th oct however.
  • Options
    ADMRADMR Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to judge at some point :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think the schedules for that weekend are out yet, but I'd assume so.

Just to make sure I think I'll do the 17th if that's okay. :)