IIIkespollers
    Katie_ & Uafasach
    Fred & Ginger & hannah_337
    Lordsally & Pam_Lefeuvre
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »

This may be unpopular but I think I preferred it when they went to Wembley for Children in Need week then Blackpool for the final. Gave the final a special feel.

Agreed.
  • Options
    THEMUMTHEMUM Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Just seen Jay's dance. After the judges' comments they would surely save him in a dance off wouldn't they??? Please .... Desperate face - not v good with the emoji things! Worried!
  • Options
    sloggaslogga Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    I gave the result that evening and then watched in horror at the fall out. A FM became incensed that the spoiler was given before the celeb knew and then it all descended into chaos.

Sorry to be dim, but how did the result go out before it was announced. Or was this before the days of the Dance Off. Evenso, how did the mole in the audience know?
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a very bad feeling that Anita might end up in the bottom 2 tonight :(. I hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Agreed.

Did they do the final at Blackpool?
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping for Kirsty v Carol dance off, thinking maybe Jamelia vs Carol or Daniel.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the subtitles on tonight and it came up as Len saying 'me and my crotch' !!!

Eek ........... pours another slug of brandy over trifle - that should help to blot out the images in my brain
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THEMUM wrote: »
    Just seen Jay's dance. After the judges' comments they would surely save him in a dance off wouldn't they??? Please .... Desperate face - not v good with the emoji things! Worried!

I really wouldn't worry - unlikely Jay would be in the B2, & even if he were, unlikely he' be against anyone who would dance better than him - we'd likely see the dance as it was meant to be:)
  • Options
    ChilledChumbaChilledChumba Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Evening everyone, I hope you don't mind me gate crashing. I follow the spoiler thread on a Saturday night but have only registered with the forum this series. I have brought a bit of East coast Canada for you all tonight with some salt water taffy to chew while we wait. I voted for Anita, Katie and Helen tonight as can only vote online on t'other side of the pond. Really enjoying the series this year!

not really gate crashing. the only ones not welcome here are those with bile in them for the moles
    Very welcome if you bring booze and or food, and welcome if you:kitty::kitty: bring cheer or interest. Or just appear randomly, but without rudeness.....:D
  • Options
    arddunolarddunol Posts: 12,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the choreographers were used for the Charleston and Argentine tango, in which the pros are generally not so experienced, though I believe Giovanni? has made the Charleston an interest.
    I thought some of the music tonight was possibly the most inappropriate I have heard and the scoring was bizarre.
    I didn't think the four couples all on 32 were equal at all and 25 was too low for Jay even given mistakes.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I have a very bad feeling that Anita might end up in the bottom 2 tonight :(. I hope I am wrong.

The fact that Anita is a BBC employee means she won't be in the bottom two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I love Anita, she has been the dark horse for me, I hope she escapes the DO. I want to like Kirsty more but she does not seem to be able to engage the audience like others have. All very tense....
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Just to fuel everybody's Anita-being-in-the-dance-off fears, this time last year, it was Mark vs Tim in the dance off. This is 7th on the leaderboard vs 12th on the leaderboard.

Follow the pattern and it makes Anita vs Kirsty. :eek:
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah_337 wrote: »
    I'm getting that nervous feeling now. Is this the same week Abby Clancy ended up in the bottom 2?

No it was week 6 . I would never forget .
    I was nervous as I am now.
  • Options
    THEMUMTHEMUM Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    I really wouldn't worry - unlikely Jay would be in the B2, & even if he were, unlikely he' be against anyone who would dance better than him - we'd likely see the dance as it was meant to be:)

That would be nice! He is sooooo good! Wonder what an AT from hi. Would be like?
  • Options
    Thursday nextThursday next Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    slogga wrote: »
    Sorry to be dim, but how did the result go out before it was announced. Or was this before the days of the Dance Off. Evenso, how did the mole in the audience know?

The suggestion was that the mole was an employee of the show and knew the result when the votes were totalled.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Just to fuel everybody's Anita-being-in-the-dance-off fears, this time last year, it was Mark vs Tim in the dance off. This is 7th on the leaderboard vs 12th on the leaderboard.

Follow the pattern and it makes Anita vs Kirsty. :eek:

I'd be happy with that. I have money (both virtual and real) on Kirsty getting the chop
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Thank you. :D

This may be unpopular but I think I preferred it when they went to Wembley for Children in Need week then Blackpool for the final. Gave the final a special feel.

I imagine that getting Blackpool ready for the final just days before Christmas was an absolute logistical nightmare, though.
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Alisonrose had a source who gave her the result before it was filmed at Wembley, & because it was at Wembley the audience kept their phones - the 2 people were in the audience checking the spoiler thread with their phones, & the result was posted before they knew at the show
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    scarlotti wrote: »
    Did they do the final at Blackpool?

Yes in 2011.
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never asked any questions who gave the result.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    just watching the show now, and have just seen Jay and Aliona's dance. What a shame there were so many mistakes, it would have been awesome if it was correct

PS If they realy were a couple they wouldnt be so demonstrative in public, there's nothing in it
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THEMUM wrote: »

There is absolutely no chance of Jay being in the dance off. His vote will save him
  • Options
    TashatwirlTashatwirl Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Are you quite new to this whole Strickers thing?

Series 7 can be summed up in the following 5 points:

* Soap star HELL
    * Race row HELL
    * 36 weeks long HELL
    * Ageism row HELL
    * Chris Hollins actually wins HELL

i liked Chris Hollins ... :blush: