Options

colony us pace

So the pilot is out there should anyone need to find it.

It stars in the starts on the 14th of January.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_(TV_series)&ved=0ahUKEwjmi8-I_PvJAhXKtBoKHVC3BQ0QFggqMAE&usg=AFQjCNFu3KTQJtVSPHxpmTRf5I_M2LHC8Q&sig2=KJ1yO7W3Zj14dGJiKSUPOg

I quite enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to more episodes.

Good to have josh Holloway back but not so much Lori grime (aka sarah wayne callies) Il never forget her for cheating and frank.

What side would you choose?

Comments

• Options
    tigertimtimtigertimtim Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    enjoyed it more than i thought i would tbh :]
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this show. Admittedly, I'm not all that interested in alien invasion stories.
    It's more the actors I'm interested in - particularly Josh Holloway - he was my favourite character on Lost.
    I don't mind Sarah Wayne Callies, I liked her in Prison Break and she's a decent actress. Okay she wasn't very likeable in The Walking Dead, but it was the writing that let her down. I hope they give her a big role in the show, as opposed to just sitting at home and playing the dutiful wife.

That said, the premise sounds intriguing. With Carlton Cuse being the exec producer, I'm guessing it's going to be a mystery-driven show, so we probably won't know much about the alien colonists at first. Let's hope it fares better than the underwhelming V remake!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks crap. Another apocalypse type show. Yawn. But i'll give it a go in case i am proved wrong. Not until a renewal though.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another Nazi invasion analogy passing itself off as scifi,
    when the only scifi is a drone and a space ship leaving the earth in the distance.

It's like a poor man's 1980s 'V'. (the 2009 version was a poor man's V too)

I'm not keen on 'scifi' shows that hardly have any scifi in them and have humans as most of the cast so they don't have to pay for expensive FX.

p.s. Second Chance Pre Air is out too.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    p.s. Second Chance Pre Air is out too.

I've just watched Second Chance and it was dire, can't see it lasting long. Eastenders Rob was poor as the lead, his accent was all over the place.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    I've just watched Second Chance and it was dire, can't see it lasting long. Eastenders Rob was poor as the lead, his accent was all over the place.

Didn't realise second chance was out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »

I've still got it to watch, doesn't sound like something I'll keep watching though.

Was hoping it would be an updated version of 'Now and Again'.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not heard of this but just seen trailer and looks interesting. when does it air in uk?
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit dull to be fair. Nothing new, no aliens, holes in the plot, no back plot of note. Acting was ok tho.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the pilot. Wasn't groundbreaking but good enough to keep with it for a while.

I really like Holloway but hate Prison Break / TWD bird with a passion. I want her dead (on the show) NOW.

I'd definitely take the job and hunt down the resistance. Anything to get some some more of that bacon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if this carries on as it has done so far I can't see it getting renewed.

The shower scene was just a cheap shot and the fade to bright light just shows they will keep teasing the alien aspect of the show, until they are near cancelation and then show them to keep the show going but by them it will be too late.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just watched the pilot but wasn't very keen, I like Josh so will watch another episode see if it grabs my internet a bit more, I far preferred Second Chance.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Am i right in thinking the husband and wife are working against each other with only the wife knowing it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking the husband and wife are working against each other with only the wife knowing it?

I think the husband doesn't know about the wife, but the wife knows what the husband is up to.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Maybe she doesn't trust them to get the other kid on the other side of the wall.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Well I have given it 4 episodes and they killed off the only character that was holding my interest at the point...I also cant believe that Will Bowman is supposed to be frigging amazing but doesn't know what his own Mrs is up to, this definitely has cancellation written over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Well I have given it 4 episodes and they killed off the only character that was holding my interest at the point...I also cant believe that Will Bowman is supposed to be frigging amazing but doesn't know what his own Mrs is up to, this definitely has cancellation written over it.

It's been renewed for a 2nd season.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/colony-renewed-season-2-usa-network/

I think they are going to keep the aliens hidden and make the show about how humans treat each other when under occupation.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    It's been renewed for a 2nd season.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/colony-renewed-season-2-usa-network/

I think they are going to keep the aliens hidden and make the show about how humans treat each other when under occupation.

really crikey....but typical they cancel all the shows I like lol
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been pretty decent, Sawyer and Dr Tancredi didn't look on paper like a must-see but i have found myself wanting to keep up with the story!! What i like most about it is the fact that it is filmed in Los Angeles and has that lovely California light.

Public Service Announcement

There is no Island, polar bears or smoke monsters, big fat guy or lottery numbers, no resemblance whatsoever to Lost in any way, at all ever , in the history of the universe. Best stick to your Box-set, in that dark unsanitary room filled with the pungent aroma's of discarded fast food boxes and personal hygiene problems, there is a show for you wierdo's called Mr Robot, you will love it. Thank you for your time.

Public Service Announcement Ends
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rolleyes

Well they have done as I predicted. Kept the aliens a 'mystery' until right near the end of the season.

rolleyes
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dropped it after four episodes because it i just knew where it was heading and i just hate apocalypse type shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very lack lustre series. Going through the invasion/occupation cliches.

Another tease with the moon stuff and then not even seeing that at the end of the season and not seeing the actual alien either.

Really hated the child stealing stuff bit, wanted them to get killed by the drones.

I'll watch the 2nd season of course.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually quite enjoyed this series. Okay it isn't anything original or fresh, but I like the gritty and realistic tone and how the writers are trying to tell the story their own way. I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed the V reboot, which was just corny and OTT. I like the idea of keeping the aliens in the shadows for the time being, it gives the show a nice dose of mystery. The parallels to Nazism is also interesting and makes the show feel relevant.

Haven't watched the final two episodes yet, but I was wondering... could it be possible that the aliens are metaphysical beings? It'd be cool if that was the case as I'm not sure little green men or reptilian aliens would really suit the tone of this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Haven't watched the final two episodes yet, but I was wondering... could it be possible that the aliens are metaphysical beings? It'd be cool if that was the case as I'm not sure little green men or reptilian aliens would really suit the tone of this show.

I doubt if the show will go that deep.

From what I gather it is mainly about how humans react to being occupied by another force. Be it the Nazis or Aliens.