Options

EastEnders: 'Fans have made a fascinating discovery about Kat's outfit'

EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,986
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a778591/eastenders-fans-have-made-a-fascinating-discovery-about-kats-outfit/

Later this week, Kat is going to wear the same black and red top and long silver necklace which she wore during the 'You ain't my muvva' scene.

Surprised that someone noticed this just 2-3 hours after the trailer aired :o

I think it's a nice touch, especially due to the situation she is in when she's wearing it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Didn't she lose everything in the fire? I thought her and Alfie lost all their clothes in the flames when Alfie burned the house down? It's a massive thing that the clothes and jewellery she wore so long ago just happened to be saved and now she'll wear them again? :confused:
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the exact same top. It's just a similar looking one. Apparently she is wearing the same knickers she had on when she bonked Derek the first time so that's something for us to look out for.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Ah it says in the article that it's an "almost identical" outfit. That's OK then ;-)
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think 'fascinating' is a bit of a stretch.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It goes to show the major hardcore fans out there

I am a very observant person but not on stuff like whether a character wore that outfit many years ago.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We won't be doing covers of greatest hits"

Does same Kat storyline with Kat in the same outfit.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the exact same top. It's just a similar looking one. Apparently she is wearing the same knickers she had on when she bonked Derek the first time so that's something for us to look out for.

I doubt Kat wears knickers, to be honest.
  • Options
    Miss MelonMiss Melon Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    "We won't be doing covers of greatest hits"

Does same Kat storyline with Kat in the same outfit.

Not quite the same storyline. Before she knew she was Zoe's mum all along, but she wasn't allowed to tell her.

Pretty sure it's a bit different this time considering she doesn't even know the son exists!

As for the outfit, I like that little touch. It's small attention to detail things like this that can make something even more significant.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not the exact same outfit but deliberately similar, as a nod to the infamous Kat/Zoe reveal in 2001.

Clever wardrobe dept at EE.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Miss Melon wrote: »
    Not quite the same storyline. Before she knew she was Zoe's mum all along, but she wasn't allowed to tell her.

Pretty sure it's a bit different this time considering she doesn't even know the son exists!

As for the outfit, I like that little touch. It's small attention to detail things like this that can make something even more significant.

What son? Oh dear, have you let the Kat out of the bag? Ha ha!!:D
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "fans" or "obsessives"

???
  • Options
    Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the title I thought this was going to be some sort of wind up thread, for some reason.

We're talking around 15 years ago? Can't even remember what I had for dinner yesterday!

Great stuff!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Similar colour tones but not the same, the outfit she wore then likely no longer exist, it is 15 years after all since the original scenes aired!
  • Options
    EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belpry_1 wrote: »
    Judging by the title I thought this was going to be some sort of wind up thread, for some reason!

When I saw the article name I thought it'd be something random like when last year it seemed like Kat was selling a similar dress to something Kim Kardashian wore.

However it's nice that the wardrobe department did this.

(I couldn't edit my original post but I just want to clarify that I meant similar dress not the same - I kinda rushed when I wrote it :p)
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant Broken Arrow.:D
  • Options
    HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    "fans" or "obsessives"

???

All I can see is '"fans" or "fans"'