Options

Crashing (C4)

kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
Forum Member
"A new comedy about the lives of six twenty-somethings living together as property guardians in a disused hospital."

I wasn't bowled over by the trailer but I thought I'd give it a go, since it's filling the hole in my schedule for C4 comedy left by "Tripped".

Comments

• Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was likeable enough without being belly laughs.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was quite good. Half an hour is long enough for each episode though. It was nice to see Damien Molony having a bit of fun for a change!
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watched for Damien Molony, he is wonderful!
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A transparent attempt to create another Fresh Meat. Phenomenally derivative which is not to say it was terrible or unfunny, just a little pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fresh Meat was rubbish anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything with Jack Whitehall in is shite!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulu and Anthony are clearly the only interesting people in this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will you be bumping this every day to slag it off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not slagging it off i enjoyed it! You are the one who is slating it.

And i hadn't seen all of it when i first posted but watched it all last night, hence my observations on the characters.

Anyway we are one episode in so time to grow i reckon.
  • Options
    GalwayShawlGalwayShawl Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it, just different enough to make it stand out from the crowd. Looking forward to the next episode. Damien Molony is the best thing in it by far, though, love the scenes with Anthony and Lulu.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched it - I only found out about the show after Jonathan Bailey (Sam) tweeted about it. I loved the line Sam said about what he has to sound like because he's an estate agent :D:D

I thought Sam was just going to be immature and annoying but so far he's the only character I'm interested in.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    meh it was watchable. i randomly decided to record it not knowing Damien was in it. when he was i was very happy.
    it could be the worst show in the world but id still watch it for him *swoon*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EllieD wrote: »
    Loved it, just different enough to make it stand out from the crowd. Looking forward to the next episode. Damien Molony is the best thing in it by far, though, love the scenes with Anthony and Lulu.

Yeah i only watched for Damien but did enjoy it as a whole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've read that it settles down a bit from ep 2 onwards. Does anyone know how many episodes there are?

I assume they are going with the whole 'Sam is chasing women around but is actually gay' route?
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not interested, the trailer was bad enough.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,606
    Forum Member
    Dreadful stuff. Gave up after ten minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 minutes, wow, way to give something a chance...
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,606
    Forum Member
    10 minutes, wow, way to give something a chance...

Deserved no more in my view! I don't go for overly crude comedy, so it was obvious after ten minutes of that kind of stuff that it wasn't for me.
  • Options
    RoquentinRoquentin Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Shame there doesn't seem to be much buzz about this as I'm quite enjoying it as a 30 minute diversion. On a side note, does anybody know why there was a 'nudity warning' before the start as it seemed very unnecessary for what amounted to a girl wrapped in a towel; especially for something on at 10pm!
  • Options
    Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roquentin wrote: »
    On a side note, does anybody know why there was a 'nudity warning' before the start as it seemed very unnecessary for what amounted to a girl wrapped in a towel; especially for something on at 10pm!

I was going to say the same thing. Nudity warning at the start but absolutely no nudity in the episode atall. A girl fully wrapped in a towel is hardly nudity! So why the warning?!
  • Options
    GordonGordonGordonGordon Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No likeable characters in this and it's a bit over the top. Not for me,
  • Options
    GalwayShawlGalwayShawl Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found episode two much more "grounded" and the characters are starting to develop nicely. Some comedic gems (the opening scene with the eyes opening and closing was hilarious) and some quiet ones (the scattering of Sam's father's ashes).
    If episode one put you off by being too frantic and crude, episode two may well be worth a watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch anything with Damien Molony in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen episode 2. I'm liking it. Sam intrigues me the most. I thought the writing for him getting Fred to go to the burial of his father's ashes was ingenious.