Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Has They Think It's All Over Been Axed?

Old 26-04-2005, 17:57
paul_hadley
Forum Member

It hasn't been on for ages (not this year I think), and I heard they were getting rid of so-called 'ladish' programmes. Does that include TTIAO? I love that show.
paul_hadley is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-04-2005, 18:53
bananaman_007
Forum Member

It went right off after Gary and David left
bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 18:57
re-offender

It went off when lee hurst was replaced by Jonathan Ross
Old 26-04-2005, 19:16
rammie96
Forum Member

Jonathon Ross mentioned on his radio show a few weeks back that it "didn't look like" it would be coming back.
rammie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 19:26
steel wheels
Forum Member

Originally Posted by re-offender
It went off when lee hurst was replaced by Jonathan Ross

here,here i agree entirely he does'nt do comedy or sports very well
steel wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2005, 19:37
sonnybroon
Banned User

It looked different when the titles were revamped last year after Gary and David left and it looks like A Question of Sport might be going down the drain too in the summer. Hasen't been too good since John Parrot left and Frankie Dettori regauly skived off during his time and Matt Dawson's a waste of time.
sonnybroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 06:02
Jonkeiler
Forum Member

Personally I shall be glad to see the back of it now. It has just become a vehicle for Ross to show off and McGrath to insult David Beckham. Funny at first but it does become tiresome.
Jonkeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 06:20
tallorder
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Jonkeiler
Personally I shall be glad to see the back of it now. It has just become a vehicle for Ross to show off and McGrath to insult David Beckham. Funny at first but it does become tiresome.
I've got to agree - I'm not sad to see it go as I think it had truly run out of stream. Isn't Jonathan Ross on TV enough anyway? When does he gat a chance to review all the films for Film 2005 anyway?
tallorder is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 10:57
[MaRt]
Forum Member

I stopped watching 'They Think It's All Over' as soon as Ian Wright arrived. He gets on my nerves somewhat.
[MaRt] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 11:54
bananaman_007
Forum Member

Yeah mine to and not a very likable person if you saw him on The Aprentice.
bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 11:54
{ph[oe]nix}
Forum Member

Originally Posted by [MaRt]
I stopped watching 'They Think It's All Over' as soon as Ian Wright arrived. He gets on my nerves somewhat.
He certainly does have a high opinion of himself.
{ph[oe]nix} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 13:32
Jonkeiler
Forum Member

Originally Posted by [MaRt]

That mean you don't watch 50% of Beebs output then? they seem to think he can present everything - as long as it has the title 'Right' something.

I'm waiting for 'Right Tw*t
Old 27-04-2005, 14:34
dzfootball
Forum Member

LOL, They only thing IMO he has been decent on was his Friday night ITV 'chat' show (well inviting his friends on). Maybe he should have quit then instead of taking all the license payers money presenting/appearing on poor quiz shows.
dzfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 21:09
grey
Forum Member

I'm sorry that "all over" seems to be all over. It's still a good format and Nick Hancock is an excellent presenter. I can cope with Jonathon Ross because I don't watch his other programmes.Rory Mcgrath is ok too and what's wrong with being anti Beckham.Surely Gary and David would not be too hard to replace.There must be plenty of charasmatic sports people available.
grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 09:49
Jonkeiler
Forum Member

Originally Posted by grey
I'm sorry that "all over" seems to be all over. It's still a good format and Nick Hancock is an excellent presenter. I can cope with Jonathon Ross because I don't watch his other programmes.Rory Mcgrath is ok too and what's wrong with being anti Beckham.Surely Gary and David would not be too hard to replace.There must be plenty of charasmatic sports people available.

Nothing wrong with being anti Beckham, but to constantly harp on about him is tiresome.
Old 28-04-2005, 13:41
champagne
Forum Member

Gosh, my heart will be broken if They Think It's All Over wont return to our screens. The programme has been one of my favorite for a long time.
champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 12:39
Orion
Forum Member

Originally Posted by bananaman_007
Yeah mine to and not a very likable person if you saw him on The Aprentice.
How do you mean? I thought he was quite honest on The Apprenice. The team came to him and just demanded he give up personal items for auctioning. He was OK with it but got annoyed when it seemed the team didn't give a toss for the charity, they just wanted to win the competition!
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 14:44
Anthony Haines

Edit - wrong thread.
Old 30-04-2005, 14:35
millwalljim
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Andy Ryan
How do you mean? I thought he was quite honest on The Apprenice. The team came to him and just demanded he give up personal items for auctioning. He was OK with it but got annoyed when it seemed the team didn't give a toss for the charity, they just wanted to win the competition!
Tottally agree they were asking him to give up an item given to him as part of the England world cup squad. Sorry but no matter what the charity that would not leave my side and for people to just turn up saying ive worked for this charity for a couple of days now give me some really personal stuff, your telling me you would give away your possessions?

Also he may not be the best presenter but he is one of the nicest men I have ever met, met him while working on his lottery show and he could not do enough for the people on his show or anyone who wanted a chat, much nicer than others like Frank Skinner who sack people off there shows for moaning about there singing.

Ian Wright may not have looked nice on the Aprentice but at least he is a decent bloke in reality and I think just acted like anyone else would.
Anyway thats enough of the Ian Wright and Frank Skinner (the man is a arrogant pr*t) rant, sorry but had to get it off my chest.

Also TTIAO is not booked into the studios at its regular time would normally be back by now or booked in, could be back September or October but I here there was also question marks over never mind the buzzcocks.
millwalljim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2005, 16:31
Subir
Forum Member

I much prefer Have I Got News For You and Never Mind The Buzzcocks.
Subir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 15:40
leemartin96
Forum Member

Has it been axed? Haven't seen it for a while
leemartin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 15:42
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

It finished donkey's years ago ..
JasonWatkins is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 15:47
Andy Birkenhead
Forum Member

Not since 2005 anyway !
Andy Birkenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 15:53
swingaleg
Forum Member

I heard Nick Hancock on the radio the other day - he's one who's star shone brightly for a few years then burnt out.......

On the same radio show they said Kevin Day was on next week.............he's another one !

I'm expecting Tony Slattery any week now...............
swingaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 16:34
widger
Forum Member

I heard Nick Hancock on the radio the other day - he's one who's star shone brightly for a few years then burnt out.......

On the same radio show they said Kevin Day was on next week.............he's another one !

I'm expecting Tony Slattery any week now...............
Isn't Kevin Day one of the staff gag writers for Have I Got News For You? He also presents a number of small comedy bits for Football programmes.
widger is offline   Reply With Quote