Options

Windows Live Mail/Tiscali - "server has rejected your login"

Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK - need some assistance, guys.

My PC's just back from repair, having had a user profile issue fixed. This has meant of course having to reconfigure all of my browsers, email clients.

I use Windows 10 and until the end of last year I used WIndows Mail as my email client. After being driven daft by it continually asking for up to date user/password details, I downloaded Windows Live Mail and up until now have had no bother with it. However, when configuring the settings last night and checking that they were correct, I attempted to download the email folders and am constantly getting the error message "The service has rejected your login - please verify that your user name and password are correct" with the error code 800cccd1.

Trying to get to work with Windows Mail results in the program asking for up to date login details when synching.

Currys Knowhow say that it's a TalkTalk problem and to get in touch with them; predictably, TalkTalk are proving to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Meanwhile I'm stuck with email client software that won't work and have to resort to webmail to read my emails.

Any advice/suggestions will be appreciated as this is driving me crazy!

Comments

• Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Finally got it to work - turns out I was trying to use an old password!

Mods - feel free to delete this.

(dons dunce's cap)