Options

Now TV Shake Up

mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nat Geo Wild has now been added to the entertainment channel line up, but in June Disney, Nick and Nick Jr will be removed from the entertainment pass to the new kids pass which will include new channels such as Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Nick Toons and Cartoonito, plus a range of kids tv boxsets for £2.99.

So the entertainment pass loses three channels in exchange of one, yeah seems like a fair deal - NOT!

Comments

• Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Not fair, but TBH I haven't any need for the 3 kids channels and always saw them as pointless fillers (for me). I'd rather 1 more decent channel than the current line up.
  • Options
    EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mattyb wrote: »
    Nat Geo Wild has now been added to the entertainment channel line up, but in June Disney, Nick and Nick Jr will be removed from the entertainment pass to the new kids pass which will include new channels such as Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Nick Toons and Cartoonito, plus a range of kids tv boxsets for £2.99.

So the entertainment pass loses three channels in exchange of one, yeah seems like a fair deal - NOT!

Reading between the lines, I see an increase of about £1 to the normal pass and a general price increase??
  • Options
    cornishcornish Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Disney is being removed completely.
  • Options
    ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cornish wrote: »
    Disney is being removed completely.

Due to DisneyLife!?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    ds_reader wrote: »
    Due to DisneyLife!?!

Probably. Almost all Disney titles were removed from Netflix Uk yesterday with Amazon to follow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think a price increase would be wrong, and in the current climate Now TV aren't doing that well, so I feel they need to offer better discounts to get people in, not increase their price. After all it's not as if they have to buy the rights to programmes, SKY already have the rights and they don't make their own programming. Their overheads must be fairly low, in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says Now TV is not doing well? I buy vouchers of eBay and usually get a 3 month entertainment pass for about £12-15.
  • Options
    ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    Who says Now TV is not doing well? I buy vouchers of eBay and usually get a 3 month entertainment pass for about £12-15.

I totally agree

I have 4 Now TV boxes since january 2016, I got 15months of various free Now TV's Entertainment pass. Its likely its the end of April 2017, I will pay for Now TV's Entertainment pass.
    I hope more of the Discovery channels and National Geo channels are added in the future.
    Now TV's Entertainment should get Sky Sport Mix in July 2016
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^Guys your sort of proving my point, your going on about Now TV, but then add the fact that you've not actually paid full price for it.

Theres a thread on the Netflix thread, about cord cutting, Now TV is well behind it's competitors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being behind it competitors and not doing well are not mutually exclusive. Now TV is aimed at those that don't have PTV (you won't have a Cable or Satellite sub and subscribe to Now TV). I really believe that Sky are just dipping their toe in the water to see how sustainable delivering TV via streaming is. I would not be surprised if in the next 10 years Now TV was eating away a big chunk of sky customers, no minimum contract, no satellite dish, sub to only movies or sport if that is all you want.

Surely not paying full price is one of the key benefits to how Now TV works
  • Options
    daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter watches nick jr on now tv so this will be a little disappointing as I was hoping the kids channels stick around with the entertainment pack for when I ditch sky in come October..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go over to the Now TV forum people are always posting can you have a separate kids pack, I don't want kids channels in the Entertainment pack, etc. I guess if some new channels are added that is good for those without kids, not so good for this with kids though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go over to the Now TV forum people are always posting can you have a separate kids pack, I don't want kids channels in the Entertainment pack, etc. I guess if some new channels are added that is good for those without kids, not so good for this with kids though.

The opinion does seem to be split right down the middle and it does look like more people are aggrieved by the fact they removed 3 channels or so and replaced it with 1 channel only so they are getting less channels for the same money.
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    People will always find a reason to moan. I think the changes are pretty sensible and reasonable. Sky Atlantic on its own is worth the price of the entertainment pass. And £2.99 for the kids pass is not going to break the bank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    People will always find a reason to moan. I think the changes are pretty sensible and reasonable. Sky Atlantic on its own is worth the price of the entertainment pass. And £2.99 for the kids pass is not going to break the bank.

Some people are never happy I guess lol
  • Options
    daveh75daveh75 Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being behind it competitors and not doing well are not mutually exclusive. Now TV is aimed at those that don't have PTV (you won't have a Cable or Satellite sub and subscribe to Now TV).

http://www.barb.co.uk/tv-landscape-reports/netflix-taking-over/
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bought one a 3 month Now TV entertainment pass on ebay a few weeks ago for £7.99.
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »

Amazingly, I completely agree with aurichie here.

If your children aren't worth an extra £3 a month for a dedicated kids section with a butt-ton of content, then you're arguably a horrible parent, and indisputably a complete tightarse.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One channel I will watch replacing three I never watch seems OK to me!;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same here, if they could add History, I'd be even happier, and sort out their very weird idea of catch up, it would be a fantastic service, at the moment its an ok service.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From their twitter response to me they are going to add more channels and box sets to the entertainment pass.
  • Options
    LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    From their twitter response to me they are going to add more channels and box sets to the entertainment pass.

Well of course the Box Sets are directly linked to the channels available, so any channels added would see their associated box sets added by de facto.

I'd fear any added channels would see a price increase. At the moment the entertainment pass is perfectly structured and priced I think.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOSG wrote: »
    Well of course the Box Sets are directly linked to the channels available, so any channels added would see their associated box sets added by de facto.

I'd fear any added channels would see a price increase. At the moment the entertainment pass is perfectly structured and priced I think.

Maybe they will offer different price tiers? Basic nowtv £6.99p/m and a premium offering for say £10p/m offering more channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveh75 wrote: »

That basically says people who have Sky or Cable don't subscribe to Now TV, it is the year on year increase in cost of PTV that will drive people to Now TV over the next decade. How many times have people said they only watch a handful of channels and don't want to pay £20/30 per month.

I am not defending Now TV, I have the service and enjoy it but it will grow drastically over the next 10 years.
  • Options
    EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify the changes

We’re making some changes to your Entertainment Month Pass. This includes adding a new channel for you to enjoy from today – Nat Geo Wild – bringing you some of the best wildlife programmes around. And kids TV is getting a place all to itself. We’re moving the channels Nickelodeon and Nick Jr from the Entertainment Month Pass, adding in a bundle of new ones, and creating a brand new Kids Month Pass.
    The important bits

From today Nat Geo Wild joins your Entertainment Month Pass. And the price of your pass isn’t changing; it still renews at £6.99 a month and you can cancel at any time
    The Nickelodeon and Nick Jr channels will be leaving your Entertainment Month Pass on 21 June and moving to the new Kids Month Pass when it launches
    The Disney Channel will be leaving NOW TV’s Entertainment Month Pass on 21 June due to changes in our rights
    When it launches the Kids Month Pass will be available with a 14 day free trial, and then renews at £2.99 per month

More about our new Kids Month Pass coming 21 June

Six kids channels including Nicktoons & Cartoon Network plus box sets from CBeebies and many more
    A dedicated user experience designed with the help of kids themselves
    Favourites like PAW Patrol, SpongeBob SquarePants and Adventure Time on demand

Your Entertainment Month Pass brings you

Access to Sky Atlantic’s exclusive shows, plus must-see new titles 11.22.63, Billions and Harlan Coben’s The Five
    More HBO box sets available for longer than before; The Sopranos, Sex and the City, Veep and True Detective
    Must-see box sets coming this summer like House, Marvel’ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Cougar Town and Code Black

We’re always working to bring you great entertainment, and give you the flexibility to get the TV you want without the bits you don’t. As ever, we’ll keep on working to bring you more, more, more on NOW TV.