Options

Cheesy FM Thread 2016.

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,297
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I came across Cheesy FM a few hours ago and have to say I love it.

Everything it does all sound like how stations use to sound like.

I even love the News bed they use over the news at the top of the hour and they are using The Radio News Hub for News as well.

They are starting on Manchester DAB next week so seem to be getting bigger.

Jingles are ace as well.

Comments

• Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,633
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Excess BaggageExcess Baggage Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it!

Not so cheesy, but very upbeat, a joy to listen to.

Interesting to see how the presenters are when it kicks off next few days.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's not bad at all.

Is this the Manchester trial DAB or the "real" multiplex? Shame that the new improvements seem to have cut the Manchester multiplex in South Cheshire and N. Staffs.

That N.West Wales multiplex and the Liverpool one goes miles, can't get both nearly in Derby these days. Would have been good if it was on one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Sent them a Facebook message today asking for a song to be played and it was played within 20 mins so they must have someone maning the studio.

Will be great when Live Dj,s start and also i looked at the Radio news Hub website which Cheesy FM gets there news from and it seems that they download the update at 10 to the hour and it gets played out at the top of the hour so do all news groups do this with stations.
  • Options
    dsldudedsldude Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »
    Yeah it's not bad at all.

Is this the Manchester trial DAB or the "real" multiplex? Shame that the new improvements seem to have cut the Manchester multiplex in South Cheshire and N. Staffs.

That N.West Wales multiplex and the Liverpool one goes miles, can't get both nearly in Derby these days. Would have been good if it was on one of them.

Its the Niocast trial Manchester mux, from the looks of..
    http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/05/cheesy-fm-and-crackers-radio-to-launch-in-manchester/
  • Options
    Mr RadioMr Radio Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I discovered this station 2 nights ago!
    Loving it too!
    I must say though I wouldn't call all of the songs cheesy by any means!
    Genesis and Tina Turner among Steps and Kim Appleby so a great mix!
  • Options
    itsonthewayitsontheway Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Mr Radio wrote: »
    I discovered this station 2 nights ago!
    Loving it too!
    I must say though I wouldn't call all of the songs cheesy by any means!
    Genesis and Tina Turner among Steps and Kim Appleby so a great mix!

Might have to give this a try! Not all too cheesy, so it's listenable
  • Options
    lushman11lushman11 Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I only discovered the station yesterday. Loving it. And they played some songs i requested to
  • Options
    mw963mw963 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly whatever I do I can't get it to play

http://radioplayer.cheesy-fm.com/

Oh well, back to Astra 1 for German radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly whatever I do I can't get it to play

http://radioplayer.cheesy-fm.com/

Oh well, back to Astra 1 for German radio.

Just download the App or listen via Tumein.
  • Options
    mw963mw963 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love sky wrote: »
    Just download the App or listen via Tumein.

Don't you need a smartphone for an app...?

Tunein worked though - thank you. Horribly compressed (dynamically) feed though - my PPM meters are just sitting at peak and hardly moving. Ears bleeding too....

When will stations realise that an internet feed doesn't need any audio dynamics compression...?
  • Options
    simon243simon243 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the compression is horrible. The production is particularly painful to listen to (not least because of the awful voice).

Shame because the music's great!
  • Options
    PodiumPodium Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    simon243 wrote: »
    Yes the compression is horrible. The production is particularly painful to listen to (not least because of the awful voice).

Shame because the music's great!

Agree about the irritating vocal. Absolutely dreadful. :eek:
    It's lIke some sort of amateur pirate and spoiling the professional feel of it all.
    I hope they ditch him when the proper shows launch.

I have been enjoying Cheesy FM for the past few days (except for THAT voice) since reading about it on this very Digital Spy forum thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts in a few minutes, hope the presenters are good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was just shocking.

Switched off already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, the voice over guy is the breakfast dj accompanied by an equally squeaky mouse??!!!

Startreckin was probably not the best first disc to play.

Well, after the great test period, after this abysmal start they can only go up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »
    Well that was just shocking.

Switched off already.

Indeed. Awful voiceover man Adam seems to have bagged the breakfast gig - and brought an irritating 'mouse' with him.

Shame.

It was a great idea for a musical jukebox, but with presenters like him...

I hope this is not representative of the regular future output?
  • Options
    Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree re the start. Back to the station I have been listening to a lot recently which is Hit45s.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's making it worse is that VoiceoverMan and Mouse are trying to present AND he's playing his own voiceovers during the same show.

There may not be rules needed, but this is SO wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is how its meant to make money? Don't they claim to carry no adverts? If so, how are they going to pay the bills?

After that start, I can't go back to it to even listen to find out. It just was dire. I think it's because it's the total opposite of what the station had become in that auto DJ mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seagull259 wrote: »
    Have to agree re the start. Back to the station I have been listening to a lot recently which is Hit45s.com

Ditto for me too. Hit45s.com it is.

May check another programme or two to see who's on. (sounds like the Gary King programmes daily will be VT'd tho')
  • Options
    simon243simon243 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Podium wrote: »
    Indeed. Awful voiceover man Adam seems to have bagged the breakfast gig - and brought an irritating 'mouse' with him.

I assume he IS the station and it's coming from his bedroom.
  • Options
    BollardBollard Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will stations realise that an internet feed doesn't need any audio dynamics compression...?
    Yes they do. Not everybody is sat at home listening in a quiet environment. I was listening to a station yesterday that had little or no compression whilst doing the gardening and I had to change station because I couldn't hear it very well even with the radio on maximum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    simon243 wrote: »
    I assume he IS the station and it's coming from his bedroom.

Well, after Adam thankfully signed off there was a professional (customised, although possibly syndicated?) flashback show from Gary King. The difference was palpable.
    This was very listenable.

Next up was a presenter who I think called himself 'Bitchy'.
    I hope Adam was paying attention because he, too, was very polished and entertaining.

The main issue would appear to be that Adam's irritating voice IS Cheesy's chosen sound, certainly for all its voiceovers. Not a good decision.

Having done a little research, I find that Cheesy FM is a sound business proposition, as reported here in the local newspaper for Stoke, where the programming originates.
    Far from being from Adam's bedroom, it does appear to be going for the big time...

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/New-radio-station-promises-feast-cheesy-hits/story-28200914-detail/story.html

I wish the station well and hope a better VoiceoverMan can be found.

The station's sung jingles are brilliant, really establishing a great feel to the shows.