Options

Red Rock Discussion Thread (UK Pace)

benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
Forum Member
Thought I'd start a thread for those (Like me) who are watching this when it starts next week.

Red Rock is a new continuing drama from Ireland based around a busy Garda station, which charts the life and dramas of a community through the eyes of those who police it.
It airs for the next eight weeks at 1:45pm on BBC1 in a 40 minute slot, with two episodes being combined into one show.

Press Pack http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/red-rock.pdf
Spoilers (Week One) http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/28/red-rock

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo. Can't wait. It better be good, or i will blame Sorcha.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict most people who watch will be quickly hooked. Some great characters and there's a brilliant villain who will get everyone talking within a short number of episodes.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo. Can't wait. It better be good, or i will blame Sorcha.

:o:D:D

It's excellent. I think you'll like it alot little monster :)
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come it's only on for 8 weeks?

I'll need to remember and record it.
  • Options
    soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because it works out 10 episodes a week .

In Ireland it was on Wednesday and Thursday (Two episodes a week) so it will only take weeks to catch up .
  • Options
    soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As its on at 1.45 pm each day will it be cut .
    Because there is drug use in this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soapmad wrote: »
    As its on at 1.45 pm each day will it be cut .
    Because there is drug use in this

No, I highly doubt it. It aired in a pre-watershed slot (8:30pm) in Ireland, also the rules aren't as strict in the daytime as most children are at school and the people that are watching will be mostly adults, obviously things like swearing etc isn't allowed at any time of day before 9pm not generally the rules aren't as harsh. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's still a lot of episodes. It would work out as the equivalent of 80 episodes of Corrie, which would be four months of viewing if shown at normal Corrie pace.

Also if you look at a stalwart like Casualty, it has less than 50 one hour episodes a year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5 days to go! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The promo's for the show look very dingy and dark. In a good way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The promo's for the show look very dingy and dark. In a good way.

Ii agree, I like the way it looks sinister. I noticed you've posted in the right thread this time (the UK pace one) :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben96 wrote: »
    Ii agree, I like the way it looks sinister. I noticed you've posted in the right thread this time (the UK pace one) :D:p

Yeah. I wasn't paying attention and accidentally posted in the wrong one.
  • Options
    Stacey_BarlowStacey_Barlow Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to watch this:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First BBC trailer for Red Rock :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov02EC1aa1I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A British TV review of Red Rock :

http://www.thecustardtv.com/2016/07/red-rock-much-more-than-daytime-soap.html

The writer is quite right in saying the show is nearer to a nordic noir thriller than a daytime soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    First BBC trailer for Red Rock :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov02EC1aa1I

Looks good.
    A British TV review of Red Rock :

http://www.thecustardtv.com/2016/07/red-rock-much-more-than-daytime-soap.html

The writer is quite right in saying the show is nearer to a nordic noir thriller than a daytime soap.

Thanks for the link to that, interesting read.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a daily soap?

someone tell me how long each episode is on for?

after 8 weeks what happens?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I thought it was a daily soap?

someone tell me how long each episode is on for?

after 8 weeks what happens?

Technically it's a soap in that it has two rival families, but if it is, it's a very stylish one.

Each episode is 40 minutes long and it looks like people will have to wait until the New Year perhaps for the next bunch of episodes.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically it's a soap in that it has two rival families, but if it is, it's a very stylish one.

Each episode is 40 minutes long and it looks like people will have to wait until the New Year perhaps for the next bunch of episodes.

oh so its more like a real housewives thing then where you get a load of episodes then a gap then more :D

I might record it then cos my current real housewives series ends this week and I need a replacement :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    oh so its more like a real housewives thing then where you get a load of episodes then a gap then more :D

I might record it then cos my current real housewives series ends this week and I need a replacement :D

Definitely, there's a lot of new episodes to come that won't even be shown during this initial run on the BBC :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It will make Monday more bearable at work knowing that Red Rock is waiting on Iplayer for the evening :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems we're getting new theme music for the UK version. A British composer called Debbie Wiseman says on Twitter she has written the music for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today at 1:45pm

1/40
    Darren Kiely is discovered by the pier, badly beaten. The Garda hope this is not a fresh feud between the Hennessys and the Kielys, but it is soon obvious Michael Hennessy has something to hide about the attack.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Gonna give it a try, I enjoy watching Fair City so I should like this too
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Red Rock on BBC 1 just now.

So far there's been too much police and hospital for my liking as I much prefer day-to-day stuff in soaps. Didn't actually realise that the show centred around the police station. I'll give it a bash though as I've heard good things.

However, I love how the show is shot and its general visual feel. The direction and editing is fantastic, especially the blue/grey tone in most shots. Gives the show a very contemporary feel. It's like a mix of a Nordic Noir like The Bridge and a French police series like PJ.

Also, lots of handsome men :p:p