• Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    From rzt:

BBC One
    Pointless: 4.58m (24.8%)
    Strictly Come Dancing: 10.21m (47.6%)
    Michael McIntyre's Big Show: 5.78m (27.3%)

ITV inc +1
    Tipping Point: 2.71m (14.96%)
    Meet The Parents: 1.58m (7.4%)
    The X Factor: 5.67m (26.7%)
    I'm a Celebrity: 7.36m (38.7%)

And let the arguments commence.

X Factor dire as usual. Strictly solid and is exactly the same as last year. I'm a Celebrity, I think, was dented due to the late start (9.50 was very late). Meet the Parents is the flop of the year regardless of any demos it gets.

A good retention for McIntyre. We could see it break 6 million on the Strictly final night.

Meet the Parents is a disaster losing over a million viewers from Tipping Point.
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

X Factor dire as usual.
    Exaggeration of the year contender! And then you make excuses for IAC's bad figure. Regardless of when it goes out this is supposed to be a juggernaut, should have been higher. 7.5/6 at least.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From rzt:

BBC One
    Pointless: 4.58m (24.8%)
    Strictly Come Dancing: 10.21m (47.6%)
    Michael McIntyre's Big Show: 5.78m (27.3%)

ITV inc +1
    Tipping Point: 2.71m (14.96%)
    Meet The Parents: 1.58m (7.4%)
    The X Factor: 5.67m (26.7%)
    I'm a Celebrity: 7.36m (38.7%)

X Factor dire as usual. Strictly solid and is exactly the same as last year. I'm a Celebrity, I think, was dented due to the late start (9.50 was very late). Meet the Parents is the flop of the year regardless of any demos it gets.

Meet The Parents is still stinking up the 7pm slot, and still hasn't been pulled, which is affected TXF from reaching it full rating potential. The X Factor pulled in a pretty poor rating. ITV biggest show IAC was pushed out of primetime, buy a much weaker show which had an unfairly long run time, and taken up the entire main schedule. IAC still retaining its 39% shares.

A Pointless rpt is still being inflated by its preceding programme. SCD did fine with a nice share. MM did well, despite the massive lead in.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this a few weeks ago, but ITV should have ran this:

17:00 - ITV News
    17:15 - Meet the Parents
    18:15 - Tipping Point
    19:10 - The X Factor
    21:00 - I'm a Celebrity
    22:15 - ITV News

I'm a Celebrity dented by nearly a million with the very late start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    Exaggeration of the year contender! And then you make excuses for IAC's bad figure. Regardless of when it goes out this is supposed to be a juggernaut, should have been higher. 7.5/6 at least.

It should have been earlier. You said youyrself TXF loses viewers when its broadcast past 10m, so why should IAC be any different.

You can't expect to push the biggest show on TV out into a really late slot, and not expect it to drop viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    I said this a few weeks ago, but ITV should have ran this:

17:00 - ITV News
    17:15 - Meet the Parents
    18:15 - Tipping Point
    19:10 - The X Factor
    21:00 - I'm a Celebrity
    22:15 - ITV News

I'm a Celebrity dented by nearly a million with the very late start.

Yes! That schedule is so much better. TXF might face most of SCD, but surely those who are still watching TXF is its core audience now. And I find it unfair on IAC to get the short straw in such a late slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    A good retention for McIntyre. We could see it break 6 million on the Strictly final night.

Meet the Parents is a disaster losing over a million viewers from Tipping Point.

It broke 6m last week with 6.13m
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member

Oh go away. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that, yet again, that figure is dire. You even said yourself it is down.

Every single time somebody criticises either XF, BGT, Simon Cowell or The Apprentice you jump on them. I'm not going to feel belittled or put down, and neither should anyone else, by you just because I am commenting on a figure. That is my opinion, nothing else. Nothing more.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From rzt (adapting into a roundup)

BBC One
    18:10: Pointless - 4.58m (24.8%)
    19:00: Strictly Come Dancing - 10.21m (47.6%)
    * peak - 11.53m (49.6%) at 20:00
    20:10: Michael McIntyre's Big Show - 5.78m (27.3%)
    * peak - 6.42m (29.8%) at 20:55
    21:10: Casualty - 4.24m (20.6%)
    22:00: The National Lottery Draws - 2.69m (13.8%)
    22:10: BBC News -

22:30: Match of the Day -
    ITV inc +1
    18:00: Tipping Point - 2.71m (14.96%)
    19:00: Meet The Parents - 1.58m (7.4%)
    20:00: The X Factor - 5.67m (26.7%)
    * peak - 6.62m (31.4%) at 21:10
    21:50: I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! - 7.36m (38.7%)
    * peak - 8.15m (41.6%) at 22:15

Strong night for SCD and Micheals big show.

XF is terrible no one can even try to say anything good about that. Dire.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dan - Honestly whilst you support XF wherever you can, no one can say that figure is satisfactory in any way whatsoever. It is dire. It's an embarrassment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It broke 6m last week with 6.13m

Oh bugger, sorry. In that case forget my silly posting about it breaking 6 :D
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Surprised TXF didn't break 6 million this week, two weeks before the final. ITV may as well just stick it on at 7pm now, as IAC is the priority and starting it at 9.50pm is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh bugger, sorry. In that case forget my silly posting about it breaking 6 :D

:D No worries. But yes it will likely break 6m on the SCD final night. In fact in that sandwich it'll probably push 7m.

ITV are not showing anything other than films (male skewing) so most viewers will likely stay on BBC1.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Surprised TXF didn't break 6 million this week, two weeks before the final. ITV may as well just stick it on at 7pm now, as IAC is the priority and starting it at 9.50pm is just ridiculous.

Didn't the 1st part of the final last year get under 6 million and then the Sunday live final get 8 million?

I think the exact same will happen this year, whilst the live ratings are not the highest, people are still talking about TXF and know the contestants' names so are clearly watching it somehow. I think the Sunday final episode will easily get 8m+ in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D No worries. But yes it will likely break 6m on the SCD final night. In fact in that sandwich it'll probably push 7m.

ITV are not showing anything other than films (male skewing) so most viewers will likely stay on BBC1.

An interesting rating for it will be the Christmas Eve showing paired up with Eastenders. I guess the film Premiere will do well on ITV and the film did relatively well at the box office. Personally I prefer the Tobey Maguire incarnation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shiny-floor LE should be priority on Saturday nights, XF can and should rightfully stay at 8pm. Simon Cowell is very important for ITV's ratings, market share and profits so he should receive scheduling respect despite XF putting in a low number last night.
  • Options
    StrangeStrange Posts: 14,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    Didn't the 1st part of the final last year get under 6 million and then the Sunday live final get 8 million?

I think the exact same will happen this year, whilst the live ratings are not the highest, people are still talking about TXF and know the contestants name so are clearly watching it somehow. I think the Sunday final episode will easily get 8m+ in 2 weeks.

I don't know about the second getting 8 million like last year, it's against the final planet earth episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    This point is sort of redundant, being close to the final hasn't done anything for XF figures in years. Shouldn't be a factor for consideration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the second getting 8 million like last year, it's against the final planet earth episode
    Which equals a larger floating audience to inherit in the last hour.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great for SCD again. Not event TV ? :D

IAC on too late and XF not so good.
    Really think it's been let down by such poor acts this series.
    Total lack of quality. Saara is the best but will no doubt go before the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh go away. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that, yet again, that figure is dire. You even said yourself it is down.

Every single time somebody criticises either XF, BGT, Simon Cowell or The Apprentice you jump on them. I'm not going to feel belittled or put down, and neither should anyone else, by you just because I am commenting on a figure. That is my opinion, nothing else. Nothing more.
    Oh please. I'm allowed to disagree, this thread & forum is about discussion after all. Disagreeing =/= 'jumping on' somebody.

Run back to your safe space if you need to then, like you often do.
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,329
    Forum Member
    I wonder how X Factor would rate if it started at 9:50pm? It'd be lower than 7.36m, that's for sure. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interesting rating for it will be the Christmas Eve showing paired up with Eastenders. I guess the film Premiere will do well on ITV and the film did relatively well at the box office. Personally I prefer the Tobey Maguire incarnation.

Well the bonus MM has at present is leading out of SCD. If you don't watch TXF, then BBC1 is really the best option. On Christmas Eve it will have Pointless on beforehand ( oh how exciting - on every day, on every weekend and still makes it to Christmas Eve), so it'll be intereting to see whether its boost this series will continue without SCD.

The Spider Man film (I prefer the previous too) did not much last year (1st one), and I expect will do 3-4m on Christmas Eve. BBC1 shouldn't have many problems pulling in the older viewers here, because they are hardly likely to watch Spider Man.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    This point is sort of redundant, being close to the final hasn't done anything for XF figures in years. Shouldn't be a factor for consideration.

But it should do.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which equals a larger floating audience to inherit in the last hour.

If anyone can be bothered to turn over.

Everything down on last week - I wonder where the viewers went? First Christmas parties of the year?
This discussion has been closed.