Options

An hour to save your life. BBC 2

dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,128
Forum Member
What an amazing program! Really does show us what our NHS can do for us and what great Dr's and paramedics we have.

Comments

• Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I can watch that again, it was pretty graphic and I am not usually bothered by things like this.

Poor Julian, all that suffering just by coming off his bike. That A&E doctor undoubtedly saved his life by sensing something wasn't right and not just taking a clear CT for granted.

Amazing staff from the first responders right through to the physiotherapists.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Just found it surfing about and decided to record it.
    Watched up to the bit were cattle grid blokey started exhibiting very worrying symptoms.
    I'll watch it later, was this a BBC One program transplanted to BBC Two because of the Olympics?
    The doomy music and voice over style and the way it's edited doesn't seem BBC Two, it's grating actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just found it surfing about and decided to record it.
    Watched up to the bit were cattle grid blokey started exhibiting very worrying symptoms.
    I'll watch it later, was this a BBC One program transplanted to BBC Two because of the Olympics?
    The doomy music and voice over style and the way it's edited doesn't seem BBC Two, it's grating actually.

I think it was on bbc 2 for the 1st series, not sure round about a year ago. This is a series of 4 episodes.
  • Options
    ArtygillArtygill Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first series and this one didn't disappoint. It was tense and fascinating in equal measures and it highlights just how lucky we are to have such dedicated emergency services.
    I was struck by the fact that Julian's case (the cattle grid cyclist) appeared to be the least life-threatening of the three, although pretty nasty, but turned out to be the most life-changing. :(
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artygill wrote: »
    I enjoyed the first series and this one didn't disappoint. It was tense and fascinating in equal measures and it highlights just how lucky we are to have such dedicated emergency services.
    I was struck by the fact that Julian's case (the cattle grid cyclist) appeared to be the least life-threatening of the three, although pretty nasty, but turned out to be the most life-changing. :(

I agree did seem to be lest life threatening and what superfab alert dr.
    the policeman was lucky in the sense he was with colleques whom knew 1st aid and being in gym it likely had defibrillator which would also increased his chances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another fascinating episode, although I must admit I did struggle to watch the surgery on the poor girl who had her face rebuilt. She looked amazing, glad they all did well at the end.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not find this thread and started a new one, can mods combine?
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Episode 2 - wow! I have never seen a head split open like a melon with grey matter spilling out like that. How on earth did those Maxillofacial and Neurosurgeons put her back together again. She literally was the Humpty Dumpty lady who was put back together - totally amazing.

Hats off to the other Neurosurgeons too for the call who was hit be the car. She has a longer road to recovery but she is getting there. Again she owes her life to some very clever people.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching?

Poor guy.

As for the guy thrown from the horse - really not sounding good. Can't even move his fingers.
  • Options
    Brian The DogBrian The Dog Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    As a first aider I love these sorts of programme and try and diagnose what could be the problem before they get to it. OK, CT/MIR scans and operations are a little outside of first aid but understanding what could be going wrong is all important information to a first aider.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Anyone watching?

Poor guy.

As for the guy thrown from the horse - really not sounding good. Can't even move his fingers.

The sad thing was he knew what the deal was before they mentioned it
    " its going to be my neck " waa a sad sentence
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    The sad thing was he knew what the deal was before they mentioned it
    " its going to be my neck " was a sad sentence

Agreed. He wasn't a fool and the fact that he could not even move his fingers must have been terrifying, though he was very self-controlled about it all.

Looks like someone else gets run over by a bus next week. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I kept thinking for a fitness instructor the guy looked quite pudgy then realised his stomach was filling with blood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor George, I had tears in my eyes at the end when he was with his wife :(

When is the next episode by the way its not on next Tuesday?
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very moving episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor George, I had tears in my eyes at the end when he was with his wife :(

When is the next episode by the way its not on next Tuesday?

I'm puzzled because I thought it was the last one TBH but noted it's not on next week. I also thought there was no more Eat Well for Less but at the end of this weeks it showed next weeks prog. However, my planner does not show another episode neither does a search of the EPG so I don't know what the heck is going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on next Wednesday instead of Tuesday, phew!