Options

Thomas Gibson Suspended From Criminal Minds

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
After a physical altercation with one of the shows producers on set. His future on the show is now under review. It seems like actors on these long running shows do this to get out of their contracts. George Eads did something similar on CSI.

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he kicked a producer. If true, why would you kick a producer?. The cast only renewed their contracts back in May. I would be surprised if this was a lame way to get out of it. Especially as Thomas Gibson has a long working relationship with CBS, having done Guiding Light, As The World Turns, Chicago Hope and Dharma and Greg for them.

He will be off for two episodes and will not able to direct an episode this season as previously planned as well.

George Eads was suspended for several episodes on CSI after an argument with a producer. However he didn't kick them.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he kicked a producer. If true, why would you kick a producer?. The cast only renewed their contracts back in May. I would be surprised if this was a lame way to get out of it. Especially as Thomas Gibson has a long working relationship with CBS, having done Guiding Light, As The World Turns, Chicago Hope and Dharma and Greg for them.

He will be off for two episodes and will not able to direct an episode this season as previously planned as well.

George Eads was suspended for several episodes on CSI after an argument with a producer. However he didn't kick them.

Eads and Jorja Fox got the swelled head disease and demanded more money not long into CSI, then came back with tail between legs when they realised the TV world wasn't falling over itself after them.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A physical altercation could mean anything, as could a kick.

If he took a long run up before punting the guy(?) then sure, he deserves all that's coming.
    But if it was just a tap, or he was aiming for the bin and missed and caught the guy by accident, then they should both just shrug it off and get back to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    A physical altercation could mean anything, as could a kick.

If he took a long run up before punting the guy(?) then sure, he deserves all that's coming.
    But if it was just a tap, or he was aiming for the bin and missed and caught the guy by accident, then they should both just shrug it off and get back to work.

He'd hardly be suspended if it was an accident.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eads and Jorja Fox got the swelled head disease and demanded more money not long into CSI, then came back with tail between legs when they realised the TV world wasn't falling over itself after them.

I remember that - Eads' altercation with one of the producers happened a few years later as well - it's probably a large part of the reason why he left and wasn't invited back for the final episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember that - Eads' altercation with one of the producers happened a few years later as well - it's probably a large part of the reason why he left and wasn't invited back for the final episode.

Didn't he push her or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It did seem weird that he was suspended and then when he returned, he announced it would be his final season. Apparently he never returned for the final episode because he felt his character's story was told in his last episode. But you never know what to believe these days. Most of it is kept hush hush just to avoid an actor's reputation from being harmed. Like the mysterious hush hush reasons on why Patrick Dempsey really left Grey's Anatomy.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he push her or something?

I don't know - it was actually a pregnant female writer, not a producer.
    It did seem weird that he was suspended and then when he returned, he announced it would be his final season. Apparently he never returned for the final episode because he felt his character's story was told in his last episode. But you never know what to believe these days. Most of it is kept hush hush just to avoid an actor's reputation from being harmed. Like the mysterious hush hush reasons on why Patrick Dempsey really left Grey's Anatomy.

I do wonder if we'll ever hear the real reason Dempsey left Greys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, apparently he pushed her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do wonder if we'll ever hear the real reason Dempsey left Greys.

I think we will, maybe once Grey's is off the air. Quite a lot of shows tend to have their secrets spill out once they are off the air.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gibson was recently done for DUI. So perhaps has a drink problem? Over the years he has moved down the cast list
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been confirmed he has been fired.
  • Options
    tartan-belletartan-belle Posts: 14,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reportedly now fired and will be written out the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been confirmed he has been fired.
    reportedly now fired and will be written out the show.

Wow it must have been a lot more serious than reported.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i am now hearing this isn't the first time he has assaulted a member of the crew. Apparently he hit a director a few years ago and the show sent him to anger management classes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i am now hearing this isn't the first time he has assaulted a member of the crew. Apparently he hit a director a few years ago and the show sent him to anger management classes.

I guess the guy needs help.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. No more Hotch. I'm shocked.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    At the moment I think the show will finish at the end of this season and they are going to need to do something amazing this season to save it in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    At the moment I think the show will finish at the end of this season and they are going to need to do something amazing this season to save it in my opinion.

Kill Hotch. :D
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,188
    Forum Member
    Kill Hotch. :D

Exactly. Have a dead body on the floor and you can use any lookalike actor if you don't show the face. Or just say he was killed off camera. Given all the serial killers they have faced over the years easy to blame one of them.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    The show was dying anyway and this is the final nail in the coffin.

No Hotch no show!!
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't kill him off. Poor Jack!
  • Options
    ElloryBElloryB Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Wow it must have been a lot more serious than reported.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't have thought this is a decision that the studio would take lightly.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,188
    Forum Member
    ElloryB wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't have thought this is a decision that the studio would take lightly.

It may have been the excuse CBS and ABC were looking for to get rid of him, as with Clarkson hitting the producer on Top Gear allowing the BBC to sack him.