Options

XB1 BluRay player...

mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
Forum Member
✭✭
... is a bit tosh? Most of the discs I play on there, BR or DVD, have slight sound sync issues that no amount of tweaking seems to fix. I've even tested discs out on my PS4 and PS3 and the sound issues are simply none existent on them. It's annoying as I'd rather play movies etc on my XB1 when I've been using that but, quality wise, it's simply not as good as the competition. Whether it's the app or the hardware I dunno...

I've trawled the internet for fixes and found nothing that works but, at least, I've found many other XB1 owners in the same boat.

Anyone on here had any problems with it?

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It used to have bad sound sync in the early days (along with juddering on fast panning), but I've had no issue since then.

I watched the Captain America: Civil War BD last night, using my HDMI AV Receiver for 5.1 Uncompressed PCM, and didn't have any problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read about the problems it had in the early days that were supposedly fixed, seems random how problems still persist, though. Many users on the official forums are annoyed at how the issues are being dealt with, or not, especially in cases where various sound options are no longer viable should they want to have audio and video even close to being in sync.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why xbox still cant do proper HD bitstream audio is beyond me especially as there is a 4k bluray drive now in the xbox one s
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I double checked and tried, yet again, the uncompressed audio option but it's still out of sync.