Options

Seen a girl last night for the first time in 8 years?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
I was out last night in a bar and I recognized this girl that I fancied in Primary School, I had not seen her in person in 8 years (2008) and she came over and we talked. Little did I know that this exchange would re-ignite my feelings for her. I have her on Facebook (added years ago) and have learned that she is single. I would really like to see her again but do not know how to go about it, do I message her or would that be deemed creepy?

What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea what you should do.

It's up to you - one thing I do know from bitter experience is if you let your chance of possible happiness slip by then you will be regretting it for the rest of your life.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just message her and say how nice it was to catch up in person and ask if she'd like to meet for coffee or a drink and see what she says.

And no, that wouldn't be creepy. It'd be completely normal.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As above. Just message her saying it was great to see her and ask if she'd like to meet for a coffee or a drink. She can only say yes or no can't she?

Nothing creepy at all, its perfectly normal. It doesn't even come across as you asking for a date, just that you were pleased to see and old friend and want to catch up.

It could be the start of something or it could end up as reconnecting with an old mate, its all good either way
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I was out last night in a bar and I recognized this girl that I fancied in Primary School, I had not seen her in person in 8 years (2008) and she came over and we talked. Little did I know that this exchange would re-ignite my feelings for her. I have her on Facebook (added years ago) and have learned that she is single. I would really like to see her again but do not know how to go about it, do I message her or would that be deemed creepy?

What should I do?

Send a message to her that it was nice to see her and it would be great to have a catch up properly some time? And go from there.

Also, you fancied people in primary school?
  • Options
    Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Just message her and say how nice it was to catch up in person and ask if she'd like to meet for coffee or a drink and see what she says.

And no, that wouldn't be creepy. It'd be completely normal.

Agree, nothing wrong in asking her for a coffee. I know you said you fancied her long time ago, but go with an open mind, no preconceived notions about her. Get to know her and take it from there. If it works out good, otherwise you tried and no regrets.
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree with everybody else, there's nothing wrong with messaging her to say how lovely it was to see her. After all, from what you've said, she came over and talked to you so that's a plus.

Either way, you've nothing to lose - and possibly a lot to gain (do I sound like a game-show host? :blush::p) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sent her a message saying it was great to see her again and asking if she wanted to to go for a coffee or something. I guess I will just have to wait for her reply, if she replies.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not one of these guys were a girl gives you the slightest bit of attention and you are smitten and think she fancy's you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're not one of these guys were a girl gives you the slightest bit of attention and you are smitten and think she fancy's you?

No.....but I know someone who is like that, coincidentally he was with me when we seen her.
  • Options
    John_Adam1John_Adam1 Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck, but be prepared for the possibility of disappointment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John_Adam1 wrote: »
    Good luck, but be prepared for the possibility of disappointment.

I would be surprised if I got the opposite.
  • Options
    Lil MunchkinLil Munchkin Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the suspense of waiting for that reply is tough, hang on in there OP, I really hope she gets in touch and you have the opportunity to meet for coffee. All the best, I genuinely hope things work out for you. xx
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,927
    Forum Member
    I bet the suspense of waiting for that reply is tough, hang on in there OP, I really hope she gets in touch and you have the opportunity to meet for coffee. All the best, I genuinely hope things work out for you. xx

Make sure you keep us updated. Good luck
  • Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    No.....but I know someone who is like that, coincidentally he was with me when we seen her.

Maybe he's texted her too then. :D

Just joking. Let us know if she replies. Hope she does.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you should have concentrated more on your English lessons...
  • Options
    The AmazingThe Amazing Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd cyberstalk her for a few months until you hopefully come across something that makes you not like her anymore.
  • Options
    John_ClunesJohn_Clunes Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Send her a picture of you in your underwear and say how pretty she looked.
  • Options
    Les CorkerLes Corker Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be a completely different person then who she was in primary school......You may find you don't even like her
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever you do, please please please keep us updated on here with how things go.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it goes well, but one word of caution....

Lay off any talk of reigniting feelings that you had when you were both 11 or under - it's just going to make you seem strange, not endearing. Do not come across as too intense, whatever you do.
  • Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you should have concentrated more on your English lessons...

:D:D