Options

Convert CD from MP3

Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a CD which my wife likes and would like to play in her car's CD player but as it is in MP3 format cannot play it and she does not want to go the trouble of replacing the CD player.Is it possible to perhaps copy it to another disc using perhaps Ashampoo and the copy ends up as a normal CD-R.If not can anyone make a suggestion.Thank's in anticpation

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,644
    Forum Member
    Rip it to her phone and use an FM transmitter connected to the phone either using Bluetooth or to the headphone socket?

(I am using if the car radio is so old it won't play MP3 format CDs then it doesn't have an Aux in socket nor Bluetooth connectivity either)
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought nearly computers came with software to do this (mine has Power2Go), but there are several free downloads that will enable you to convert them to the playable .wav format.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Windows Media Player will do this. Top right, click on "Burn", drag CD MP3 files to burn list, insert blank CD, burn CD, done.
  • Options
    Paul_BlackburnPaul_Blackburn Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks mred2000 Have just done what you suggested and it worked a tread so thank's for all the replies
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one caveat with all of this is...

As a data disk containing mp3 files a CD can contain several hours of audio files, potentially. As a Music CD it can only contain 70 or 80 minutes of audio. So you have to be aware that copying a bunch of mp3 files off a CD may require more than one disk when converted to CD Audio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I thought nearly computers came with software to do this (mine has Power2Go), but there are several free downloads that will enable you to convert them to the playable .wav format.
    WAV is a computer file format. Whist it very closely resembles the data format of a audio CD it is not the same.

A CD containing WAV files is not the same as a music CD and may be as unplayable as a CD containing mp3 files. A music CD has to be burnt in a specific way otherwise stand alone or car audio CD players might not recognise it.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    WAV is a computer file format. Whist it very closely resembles the data format of a audio CD it is not the same.

A CD containing WAV files is not the same as a music CD and may be as unplayable as a CD containing mp3 files. A music CD has to be burnt in a specific way otherwise stand alone or car audio CD players might not recognise it.
    I didn't know that. Every car CD player I've had has always been able to play .wav files.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I didn't know that. Every car CD player I've had has always been able to play .wav files.

Are you 100% certain that the software you used to burn the CDs didn't convert them to Audio CD format? I would have thought that a CD player that could recognise a Data CD containing WAV files could also recognise a Data CD containing mp3 files.