Options

[Game] The A* Factor - Live Shows Thread

SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
Forum Member
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our first ever live show of The A* Factor!

We are down to a Final 13 comprised of acts from the 2016 series of the UK X Factor and now it's time to begin the live shows. Our acts are now ready to face the competition and the theme for tonight's show is 'EXPRESS YOURSELF'. The acts will perform songs that represent them as artists in the hope to make it to the next show.

There's two surprises in store tonight...but we'll get to that later.

Let's welcome our A* Factor judges and the Top 13!

NicPlays and the Girls
Emily Middlemas
Faye Horne
Gifty Louise
Sam Lavery

danyal_ahmed and the Boys
Christian Burrows
James Hughes
Niall Sexton

RileyHollyoaks and the Over 25s
James Craise
Janet Grogan
Relley C

Mariesteller and the Groups
Brooks Way
Four of Diamonds
5 After Midnight

Judges please confirm your presence and then we can get on with the show.

Comments

• Options
    NicPlaysNicPlays Posts: 12,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I is in da house! :cool:

*cringes*
  • Options
    danyal_ahmeddanyal_ahmed Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2/4 judges is nice! I'm sure Maris and Riley will catch up soon.

Now opening the first ever live show is a big responsibility and it's been given to someone who usually performs last in the real version! Kicking off the show, the first of the girls; it's Emily Middlemas!

Royals by Lorde
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good performance but I think the song choice was way too safe and predictable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emily Middlemas

Well, Emily, when I decidedto have you, I wanted to take a different direction than the real show did. I didn't want to give you boring drab week in, week out. While this isn't the most uptempo song in the world, it's still a step in a different direction, and I think it worked! I hope to see you through, or at least make movie week (if there is one), because I have the PERFECT song for you then!!! :D

(Also congrats on opening the series, it's a big task :cool:)
  • Options
    RileyHollyoaksRileyHollyoaks Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily, while this was vocally good and showcased your vocals well, I do feel that this was a very predictable song choice and that maybe you could have found a less predictable song. However, this is only Week 1, so good job; just next time try and finds something more wild and unknown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, I am here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mixed comments for Emily's first performance, but it's your votes that will determine whether she sees it through to next week.

Now it's time to go the boys and their mentor Danyal. The next act never made it to the live shows after Nicole sent him packing; but Danyal sees something in him she didn't. It's James Hughes!

Only Teardrops by Emmelie De Forest [Cover]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFN8NNTGbI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Hughes

While at first I thought this wasn't a great song for you, after re-listening, it's actually rather good! It suited your voice, and while the original version suited you just fine, the cover was pretty good too. Overall, solid job :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James, I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting more of a performance from you tonight. But while this didn't get the party started, it did give us a good impression - vocals were good and I did enjoy it, I just feel like there is more potential in you that wasn't really shown tonight during this performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James a fantastic performance which really let you show off all your vocals. Incredible performance overall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good comments for James, but will it be enough for him to make it through to next week? Your votes decide!

Now it's over to Riley and his Over 25s! The next act never made it past the six chair challenge but Riley believes in him and is giving him a chance to show what he's made of in our live shows; it's James Craise! (Another James :p)

Lady of The Sea (Hear Her Calling) by Seth Lakeman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddD_zEVTDE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Craise

Well, James, while this song suited you, I felt it didn't go anywhere, it sort of stayed at the same place, and, unfortunately, it was a little bit boring :( But it suited your voice, it wasn't bad, but not great, just good I'd say. I do hope people vote for you, however, because I know you can do some amazing things :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James! This (for me) was exceptional. The reason I picked you even though you were sent home at 6CC, was because I feel you had a lot of unused potential during your time on the show which you showcased tonight. I really hope the public get behind you tonight because you deserve it and I hope to see you here next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this however I feel the violin was distracting and the song did seem a bit boring but you have great potential
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mixed feedback for James no.2, with the judges citing that he has a lot of potential. It's your votes that will decide whether he's here next week!

Now it's back to Nic and the second of his girls. The next act did make the live shows in the real version and here, Nic could be our very own Simon Cowell! It's Sam Lavery!

Seven Nation Army by Becky Hill
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqrFLdsipIg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Lavery

Sam, I wanted to take you down a slightly different route than the real X Factor did, so I gave you this song to start. I love your tone, and I felt this reallu suited it, and I hope to see you through again, because I have many many things planned of you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam, as much as I love you - I didn't love this. I wouldn't associate you with Becky Hill and you did seem to forget the words at the beginning. I don't think this suited you and your voice and I don't think this was a very strong first performance :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked this performance and it was a good choice but I'd like your performances to be even more darker
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another set of mixed feedback and this time for Sam, could she be in danger tonight? If you want to see her next week you have to vote!

Now it's over to Maris and the first of the groups of the evening! The next act withdrew from the live shows before it began, but here to show what they're made of in The A* Factor's live shows, it's Brooks Way!

Don't Wanna Know/My Way by Alex Aiono ft. Conor Maynard
    https://youtu.be/ZeG3fVbKfXA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooks Way

Brooks, I liked it and the song suited you and all, but I found it very predictable and safe. Sorry :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooks, I did like this. A lot. However. I feel like one of you did most of the work while the other just harmonized for most of it. Toward the end you both started getting into it a bit more but I would focus on finding equal parts instead of uneven main vocals/harmony parts, however very good and you have a lot of potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed this but I'd like to see you guys sing together and choose a song with harmonies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slightly more positive feedback for Brooks Way, but it's your votes that decide if they're here next show.

We're back with Danyal and the boys now. This act was a shock elimination at Judges Houses, but here to make a statement and show why Danyal has given him a chance; it's Niall Sexton!

Take Me Home by Jess Glynne [Cover]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzyNZm0H69I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niall Sexton

Niall, that was really good! I did find it a little bit safe, but I did like how you sung something originally by a girl. Well done :)