mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Hollyoaks14Hollyoaks14 Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is connected to what happened to Mary?
  • Options
    Kell_FreeKell_Free Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very controversial. I hope the storyline isn't made a mockery of.
  • Options
    James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kell_Free wrote: »

Hopefully they will. The flavor of the day gets tiresome and usually dished up as if has reached epic proportions. They should be a little more in tune what the real trials of life are if they want to be realistic. They never show the frustration when you order a hamburger at the drive thru and with no onions or ketchup only to find when you get home it's top heavy with both. This is the stuff that drives you nuts and you couldn't care less about some horseshit storyline.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,259
    Forum Member
    Bethany's going to make a move on Gary and end up in a hotel with him, then Faye will threaten to tell everyone :o

Such nice girls :D

Can't do the link, but this spoiler was on the sidebar when I clicked the link in the original post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Bethany's going to make a move on Gary and end up in a hotel with him, then Faye will threaten to tell everyone :o

Such nice girls :D

Can't do the link, but this spoiler was on the sidebar when I clicked the link in the original post.

Finally the writers get it. We don't need gripping drama based on a "true story". We are starved for scandal, it's what we thrive on. It's why we drag ourselves out of bed in the morning rubbing our hands together to see who's porking who they shouldn't. Add in a few pints and some Hotpot and there you have the recipe for a good show.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a whooper but interesting story to do, with the news of girls being groomed in Rochdale this story is very close to home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Sounds like a whooper but interesting story to do, with the news of girls being groomed in Rochdale this story is very close to home.

Do we really need the show to put a quasi documentary in on a frequent basis under the guise of entertainment. A sure sign of writers fatigue or lack of ability to write creatively. The track record of their attempts to do storylines lifted from the newspapers that start and finish in a day or two and forgotten about is notoriously bad and not very entertaining.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Sarah herself groomed as a kid?
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes she was in 2001 in the storyline with Gary Adams.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Yes she was, in 2001 in the storyline with Gary Adams.

I thought I could remember something like that. Will be interesting to see how she reacts to Bethany repeating her mistakes.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need the show to put a quasi documentary in on a frequent basis under the guise of entertainment. A sure sign of writers fatigue or lack of ability to write creatively. The track record of their attempts to do storylines lifted from the newspapers that start and finish in a day or two and forgotten about is notoriously bad and not very entertaining.

Yes and No, some stories taken from real life experience and used as the basis of a storyline can be good, when done right, Corrie had a quite a lot of hiccups this past few years, so maybe a meaty story could be good, I don't think its suppose to be entertaining but gritty, I know some of the recent stuff has been a bit dodgy but I think the show is starting to get its buzz back.

Yes she had met a internet stranger, it was the gay hairdresser guy from Brookside who played the predator.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I could remember something like that. Will be interesting to see how she reacts to Bethany repeating her mistakes.

In the aftermath (of the Gary Adams storyline) she blamed herself, so she'll probably blame herself again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJK0Q_srg-M
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »

Yes she had met a internet stranger, it was the gay hairdresser guy from Brookside who played the predator.

That's right, it's all coming back to me now. Wow she really went through a lot as a teen. I'm surprised she didn't breakdown back then nevermind last year.
    In the aftermath (of the Gary Adams storyline) she blamed herself, so she'll probably blame herself again.

Thank you for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right, it's all coming back to me now. Wow she really went through a lot as a teen. I'm surprised she didn't breakdown back then nevermind last year..

Before her 2015 return Sarah went through.

Her father (Brian) died in 1989.
    Nearly died when she had her appendix removed in 1994.
    Her nan (Ivy) died in 1995.
    Teenage pregnancy in 2000.
    Bethany was kidnapped in 2000 by Alison.
    Gary Adams storyline in 2001.
    Nearly died and was in a coma after a car crash in 2002.
    Her stepfather Richard was a serial killer
    Was nearly killed by Richard when he tried to drown the family in a canal in 2003.
    Bethany was electrocuted in Todd and Sarah's flat in 2003.
    Bethany was kidnapped (again) this time by her nan Brenda Fearns in 2004.
    Found out her boyfriend Todd had been cheating on her in 2004.
    Todd and Sarah's son Billy died in 2004.
    David sent her and her family cards from Richard Hillman in 2006.
    Jason jilted her at her first wedding in 2006.
    David tried killing himself on Jason and Sarah's second wedding in 2007.
    David set fire to her wedding dress in 2007 on Bonfire Night.
    Bethany nearly died when she took an ecstasy pill that David left in one of her toys in 2007.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that sl, Quite brave story really for corrie
    Have you by any chance got the episodes where she goes round and meets him??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before her 2015 return Sarah went through.

Her father (Brian) died in 1989.
    Nearly died when she had her appendix removed in 1994.
    Her nan (Ivy) died in 1995.
    Teenage pregnancy in 2000.
    Bethany was kidnapped in 2000 by Alison.
    Gary Adams storyline in 2001.
    Nearly died and was in a coma after a car crash in 2002.
    Her stepfather Richard was a serial killer
    Was nearly killed by Richard when he tried to drown the family in a canal in 2003.
    Bethany was electrocuted in Todd and Sarah's flat in 2003.
    Bethany was kidnapped (again) this time by her nan Brenda Fearns in 2004.
    Found out her boyfriend Todd had been cheating on her in 2004.
    Todd and Sarah's son Billy died in 2004.
    David sent her and her family cards from Richard Hillman in 2006.
    Jason jilted her at her first wedding in 2006.
    David tried killing himself on Jason and Sarah's second wedding in 2007.
    David set fire to her wedding dress in 2007 on Bonfire Night.
    Bethany nearly died when she took an ecstasy pill that David left in one of her toys in 2007.

This is a mere inconvenience compared to the day to day suffering the love of my life poor Izzie has to put up with. She lives in constant pain, do you hear her complaining? not one word. Suffer in silence is her method of coping. Always a happy face and encouraging words. Bethany should take a leaf from her book and think herself lucky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Tina O'Brien also have a similar stoyline as well when she played the part of Bex Fisher in Waterloo Road who was involved with an older man who was played by the actor who played Gary Best in The Bill?
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt this just a repeat of Whitneys storyline in Eastenders years ago. She was groomed and "pimped out" by her boyfriend, Rob.
  • Options
    Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a mere inconvenience compared to the day to day suffering the love of my life poor Izzie has to put up with. She lives in constant pain, do you hear her complaining? not one word. Suffer in silence is her method of coping. Always a happy face and encouraging words. Bethany should take a leaf from her book and think herself lucky.

As someone who deals with an auto immune disease as a single mother, your response made me smile. Ironic that the people with the shit every living day manage the most.

From a soap point of view though, no story line in and that and also if they give her a hard storyline they are picking on the disabled.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,018
    Forum Member
    Oh joy more doom, gloom and heartache for the Platts.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Mother like Daughter.
    Bethany is following in Sarah's footsteps in terms of drama.

It could be a good story.
    EastEnders did a similar story with Whitney a few years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess this will be another time Martin is absent when the family need him he's definitely missed a lot over the last 11 years (12 next year).
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see what this gang look like. Probably similar to Callum Logan's camp crew. Heck, they are probably younger looking than Bethany.

More "if you have been affected" at the end along with a helpline. Whoopee.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kell_Free wrote: »

It will be the plot device for some drama on the street, probably related to someone's love life. Look how Corrie handled the laughable slavery storyline earlier in the year.