Options

Jade Goody : A psychological assessment

CalrissianCalrissian Posts: 1,647
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For what it is worth (might not be much), here are my current thoughts.
To any readers, your replies/views are always welcome, i've learnt a fair bit from you all....

Jade : RE , last night. Once more, we see our Jade in tears. Yet again, she seems to be using tears as a way to make herself look like the victim.
Looking the victim, a classic case for a person who has very little inner strength.

I have noted before the following...

She cries far more often that is normal for anyone her age.
Often appears to act so very childlike*

* examples : the repetitive singing of a single lyrical sentence.
Accent - baby talk, which she seems to do for no reason what-so-ever.
appears to be in her own little world
Doesnt appear to listen to most of the others.
Appears as lacking basic understanding of social issues.
Often is the case, she fails to remember what she has said, or claims she has been shouted at in 'wrong tone' of voice.

Jade & Drink.
I have become somewhat concerned at this. She seems to drink herself silly more than ever, then ends up so outta her head, with no conscious understanding of what is happening.

Jade & back stabbing ?
I propose that jade lacks the skills.
Q. How smart is she really ?
Is she really as naive as she appears to us all ?
either she is (to be basic about it) ' dumb' or she is the most amazing player in the house. It is one or the other.
Jade's level of I'Q is critical in how we perceive her actions.

I conclude jade is not faking her lack of world knowledge, it'd take too good an actress to pull the role off 24hr's a day. Clealy, she is a little girl, amongst adults, which clearly has great implications for how the house treat her.
After all, the housemates see a child, are they going to stand up to a child ? Unlikely. Are they going to nominate her out ?

The ironic thing remains that many people will perceive her as the victim, with jade remaining in the house for at least another week.

Recommendations...

She should not be allowed to drink. Her behaviour is often that of a young child, she is not mentally stable enough to be drinking.

She should not even be in the house. Clearly, she is losing control of herself, and i can see no way she will choose to stop getting drunk.
Currently, she needs a guardian, to lead her in a positive manner. In the house, there is no such person - since they all meant to be competing anyway.

Comments

• Options
    LucytashLucytash Posts: 5,897
    Forum Member
    You are very accurate - I was thinking along those lines when driving to work this morning - how sad am I ! I don't think she could be putting on an act all day every day and I cannot understand why Ch 4 let her in. It's irresponsible of them & I'm already worried about the booing that she'll get when she leaves. It could send her over the edge as she's so demanding of acceptance & re-assurance by the HMs. How would she take the public rejection?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that very soon we may see the first HM to be removed from the house by BB for their own good. Jade's behaviour has started to really concern me, you can't start a riot because you have a wart. If they don't remove her they must at least have to make her stop drinking because she has completely lost her grip on reality......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re: public views of jade.

I do not think she will get boos very much, unless she really is caught blatently lying on camera to someone.
    The public could well despise her, if the C4 editing is done right.

By the way, it is not sad to be thinking about the housemates on the way to work , its better than thinking of work.
    I find it amazing how passionate we can get over people we'll never meet or really know.
    However, i believe we can get a good feeling for what they are like in 'real life', despite the falseness of the house situation.

Jade : a child amongst adults
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by beccie
    I think that very soon we may see the first HM to be removed from the house by BB for their own good. Jade's behaviour has started to really concern me, you can't start a riot because you have a wart. If they don't remove her they must at least have to make her stop drinking because she has completely lost her grip on reality......

Exactly. From the beginning she over reacted about things, just see her last week when they'd gone over on their shopping budget! She was flying around screaming at the top of her voice without pausing for breath telling everyone they only had 5 minutes to get it sorted etc..in the end it only took about 30 seconds to knock a few things off the list.
    Honestly, if I was in that house, there's no way i'd be as calm as Adele was with her. I just think its a shame that noone else backed Adele up, I think everyone feels the same way about Jade, but are too scaredof saying because they're conscious that they're on telly.

She needs to come out, and soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    What a thoughtful & well considered assessment of Jade :)

I have wondered how she managed to slip through the psychological testing unnoticed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re: confronting jade/standing up top her.

I think its the fact that they ALL see her as a little girl. They all aghast at her lack of world knowledge ( sherlock holmes, cambridge etc), the issue is that do not want to hurt her pitifully fragile self image.

Look at it this way, they all see her now as a child. Who would want to intentionally hurt a child ? Clearly, Jade can get away with just about any childish behaviour. A sad situation.
  • Options
    jezzajezza Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a redeeming feature

She's seen through Adele
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by juzzab
    What a thoughtful & well considered assessment of Jade :)

I have wondered how she managed to slip through the psychological testing unnoticed.

Well, heres a thought. If i was the producer, i would want 2 or 3 jades in the house. Makes great entertainment.
    Of course, to allow someone of jades mental age in the house, would mean foregoing ALL my ethical guidelines.

Surely they were fully aware of Jades infantile nature, thats what they wanted, and they sure have a classic case of it.

JAde : she must be removed, for her own mental well being.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do psychologists usually declare someone mentally unstable in this manner? I would have thought that given the sensitive nature of your profession such a statement would not be taken lightly?

What do you make of Adele's threats by the way. Has she got a violent temper?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    As much as I dislike Jade, I do feel sorry for her. I've said before, she just is not able to cope with being in the house at all. I think that some idiots probably will boo the poor girl when she gets evicted (I really can't see BB removing her, they can't care that much about the HM's mental health or they wouldn't have put her in there), and I think she'll end up having some kind of mental breakdown because of it. BB clearly need to employ a different psychologist to vet their HM's, the current one is obviously totally useless.

Sarah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by jezza
    Do psychologists usually declare someone mentally unstable in this manner? I would have thought that given the sensitive nature of your profession such a statement would not be taken lightly?

What do you make of Adele's threats by the way. Has she got a violent temper?

re: adele's 'threats'

Nothing surprising there. Anyone seeing someone - abeit a childlike adult, being a total 2 faced, would get mad.
    I think Adele is to be commended on confronting jade.

A child needs to be confronted on the bad things they do, as does jade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade is in tears once more - being comforted by adele

- its about the shouting I think
  • Options
    SupernovaSupernova Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's crying again :( . I don't think she'll last much longer in the house at this rate. BB may ask her to leave or she may leave at her own will. She obviously isn't mentally stable, although she hasn't quite reached the mentalist status of Penny last year, unfortunately *chuckles* :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Calrissian

re: adele's 'threats'

Nothing surprising there. Anyone seeing someone - abeit a childlike adult, being a total 2 faced, would get mad.
    I think Adele is to be commended on confronting jade.

A child needs to be confronted on the bad things they do, as does jade.

Ah yes, but would you consider threatening a child with violence the correct way to deal with them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JAde : she must be removed, for her own mental well being.

jade should have been removed last night, in my opinion, for her own safety and mental health. Last night's events do not seem to have taught her anything about herself.

Calrissian has made a very clear assessment of Jade (again in my opinion)

What BB were doing letting her in there in the first place is beyond me. It has been mentioned by someone who allegedly knows her that she has been receiving psychological help for some tme. BB must look at someones medical history before choosing them.
    It would be interesting to know if they approached her psychiatrist to see if they thought Jade was mentally strong enough to withstand the trials and tribulations of a reality TV show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i may, again.
    I just want her to Leave. I admit, i am often annoyed at her, i however want her out, for her own mental well being.

re: BB psychological screening.
    They WANT people like jade in the house, it makes for good viewing.
    Do any of you just want a dozen tims ? Jade did not slip through any net, she was chosen !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! I have been increasingly concerned about Jade for some time too. I have "dabbled" in psychology but do not by any means claim any kind of knowledge or expertise of the subject but even I can see there is a very real danger to Jades emotional and mental well being as a result of her being in the house.Also, as the mother of 2 young women I can honestly say, hand on heart, that if either of my daughters were Jade, I would be in that house to drag her out, security guards/fences/dogs or not!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Surely they were fully aware of Jades infantile nature, thats what they wanted, and they sure have a classic case of it.

I hope this is not the case, as I don't consider watching someone fall apart mentally entertainment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by juzzab

I hope this is not the case, as I don't consider watching someone fall apart mentally entertainment.

I don'nt consider it nice either. It is fun to see people interact, how they nominate etc.

However, its just awful, to see Jade remain in the house, despite the bouts of crying. To me, she seems on the edge, she needs to be removed.

Seeing anyone who lacks the emotional intelligence suffer is NOT entertaining to me, or i am sure ANY of the contributors of this forum.
    Watching the net feed right now, jade continues in her non stop upset talk. She simply is driving herself crazy by remaining there.
    For this reason, she needs to be removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by jezza

Ah yes, but would you consider threatening a child with violence the correct way to deal with them?

For what its worth, i would never hit or threaten any child, for any reason.

Wonder why adele was apologising ? Adele said sorry, because she realised once again, that jade has such a childlike nature, that adele probably scared jade a great deal.
    Imagine how guilty adele would have felt, seeing this child crying, outta control , so upset. She was bound to say sorry, despite the fact that all the housemates realise jade was in the wrong.
  • Options
    dominodomino Posts: 1,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blimey, an intelligent debate! am i in the bb3 forum? :)

for what it is worth - does anyone think that pulling her out might heap failure on what is clearly an already weakened sense of perspective? clearly she's going to go one of three ways: leave by her own volition, get pulled out by BB, or be evicted... if the first, then at least she made the decision. if the latter, then at least she was not the only one and certainly not in the minority. but if BB pull her out then, cripes, this really might shatter that poor childs mind!

ta ra
    d
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know I think this is completely OTT. It's not like she's been down ever since she's been there. She's had a few blue days, some doubts, and she's gone a bit off her rocker when she's been drinking. To say she's mentally unstable and needs to be removed is quite a snap judgement imo. I think she will tough it out. I would be pretty upset if someone threatened to knock my block off, I think that shows signs of a violent temper and controlling nature. Adele is very controlling over Jade and I think that's partially what's messing Jade up at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Lets send Charlie Slater from Eastenders into the house and they can have a good old cry together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    re: BB psychological screening.
    They WANT people like jade in the house, it makes for good viewing.
    Do any of you just want a dozen tims ? Jade did not slip through any net, she was chosen ! [/B]

Then it is reprehensible that they pick someone with a known mental health history. And this warrants investigation.

You can find plenty of people who are interesting etc without resorting to someone who has known problems.

Jade must leave by any means available. I will be communicating my opinion and concerns to BB3. Whatever good it will do though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then it is reprehensible that they pick someone with a known mental health history. And this warrants investigation.

You can find plenty of people who are interesting etc without resorting to someone who has known problems.

Jade must leave by any means available. I will be communicating my opinion and concerns to BB3. Whatever good it will do though. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good on you, i suggest others do the same if they so feel.
    Anyone can see that she is not normal for her age, and i mean that in as non-attacking a way as possible.
    She was sadly chosen for being so childlike.
    BB has a professional screening system, they sat down at a table, and decided what 'types' they wanted.
    None of the housemates got there by chance, they were all VERY carefully selected for the personalities that they are.