Options

What is the point in Keith ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the character, he is like Jim Royle except that Jim is a comedy character, therefore we laugh with him. Keith is suppossed to be a realistic character in a soap, even character's that are extremes for example Janine are given personality traits that allow them to appeal to the audience so they are not one sided. However he is just someone that treats his wife as a skivvy and does nothing to help her when she is clearly in need of it. No wonder she is starting to appreciate Mike's presence, although he left her in the lurch all those years ago he is trying to make up for it and see's the way Rosie deserves to be treated, Keith just thinks about himself, look at the way he behaved on NY, she thought he would take her out and his suprise was getting her to the Vic early so they got a seat. He deserves to lose her or nearly lose her to get a kick up off that seat and off his arse before he loses the best thing he has!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the same with keith, he doesnt do nothing! But he didnt run out on rosie like mike did!

Why would he want to run out on Rosie when he doesn't have to work and is waited on hand and foot. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote:
    Are Eastenders trying to get people to be sympathic towards Keith ? For the life of me I can't find myself being sorry for the character, as he doesn't do anything, doesn't forward any storylines or anything. So much for going to courses for his dyslexia (or not being able to read, whatever it is he suffers from) and using the now missing computer (and computer room) to help teach his son. Todays episode had him sitting on his own saying how everyone was against him, but when his sole aim in life is to being able to watch then channel he wants, then it doesn't give much sympathy.

Also, forgetting the whole fact it is a soap and needs new characters, what reason has Dawn got for coming back to Walford to live in that house and work on the stall ? Also given that her dad has been AWOL for years, he suddenly needs to live at the house too ???? Spare me.

Anyone got any opinions on this ?

i do agree to a certain point; i wouldn't put up with it from my OH. keith has no self respect or ambition, and that is very attractive to me in a man. also. i have to be on an equal(he's not quite equal!) intellectual level with my guy and we've been together over 11 years now, so we are compatible in every way. but i can't imagine myself being in the same room with keith for eleven hours, never mind eleven years. rosie also lacks self respect, so maybe that is why they are a couple and she accepts this scrounging idler's flaws.
    now for the positive; i think keith has been extremely tolerant of mike staying at their house; i don't think i could invite my ex to stay with us. but apparently he's found some gumption, and is going to make mike pay for it. that's a storyline. :D
  • Options
    Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you SULLA, why on earth would he leave, but then again where would he go, he doesn't appear to have any other family - but he is a disgusting layabout. It does appear that EE writers can only do one storyline at a time and that the Miller's turn has passed (Dawn's arrival being their last go 'round)

LMAO when Darren said he called Mike 'Dad'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What people have forgotten is that Keith mainly shys away from work due to the fact he cannot read or write and he is embarrased about this. EE need to get back to this storyline because I thought it was going in th right direction when he was contemplating going to adult classes to get over this, but once again a perfect storyline has been misplaced. He is a perfect example that he may not be literate but his is not stupid either and in fact he is rather clever. Like someone said Rosie has seem to have forgotton what Mike put her through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote:
    Why would he want to run out on Rosie when he doesn't have to work and is waited on hand and foot. :rolleyes:
    Well i think mike is scum, and he ran out on his kids and his wife! Is that is that a good thing to do? ...
    Mike cares only for himself and nobody else! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Mike knows or will find out about Keiths inability to read or write. I expect he would use this to his advantage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myangel wrote:
    I wonder if Mike knows or will find out about Keiths inability to read or write. I expect he would use this to his advantage
    hm...yeah if he finds out about this he will be really really nasty, I really dont like mike!!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither eastenders12. He's a bad egg LOL!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myangel wrote:
    Me neither eastenders12. He's a bad egg LOL!!!
    lol yeh, a massivelly bad egg!!! :)
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Keith.

He's one of my favorite characters,he needs much better storylines..

such as:-

- Him and Rosie getting wed
    - People finding out he can't read

I hope he beats up Mike!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,349
    Forum Member
    Myangel wrote:
    I remember at Christmas Dawn mentionned something about his being away snowboarding, however don't know if that was just a figure of speach

I think that was mentioned a couple of times. A pretty long snowboarding trip for someone who works on a market stall!
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith makes Pete Beale look interesting. The character is so one dimensional despite their attempts. Rosie and Keith , more like Rosie and Jim. They have as much screen presence as a rag doll.
  • Options
    HippysteHippyste Posts: 1,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith is a complex character who is developing well. Mike is pure evil...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    juliebaird wrote:
    What people have forgotten is that Keith mainly shys away from work due to the fact he cannot read or write and he is embarrased about this. EE need to get back to this storyline because I thought it was going in th right direction when he was contemplating going to adult classes to get over this, but once again a perfect storyline has been misplaced. He is a perfect example that he may not be literate but his is not stupid either and in fact he is rather clever. Like someone said Rosie has seem to have forgotton what Mike put her through.

I agree Juliebaird. It really is a shame that the writers dropped the story of Keith's illiteracy classes. I was quite sure at the time that we were going to see a slowly-changing Keith as he learnt to read and write and became more confident. He is not stupid - he is interested in everything. They could do so much more with his character.
  • Options
    HippysteHippyste Posts: 1,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rita1 wrote:
    I agree Juliebaird. It really is a shame that the writers dropped the story of Keith's illiteracy classes. I was quite sure at the time that we were going to see a slowly-changing Keith as he learnt to read and write and became more confident. He is not stupid - he is interested in everything. They could do so much more with his character.

It's the changing regimes. The new producer simply dropped storylines she didn't like including that...